eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Scammer warning!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duebeibambini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: scammer Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to ecrater.
But what do you guys mean by scammer? How are the people whose address's are listed scam? I just see the list of email addresses.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: scammer Reply with quote

duebeibambini wrote:
I just see the list of email addresses.

That's why you have to take the listings with a grain of salt -- unless it was posted by eCrater or otherwise includes some solid info to back up the accusation.

Generally speaking, a scammer is going to be somebody who's tried to bilk you out of money or tried to get something for nothing.

However, what people believe defines "scammer" varies widely. Some include buyers who fill their cart and then abandon it at checkout...
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless ecrater has posted the address as a scammer, I pay no attention to the names. Too many people post the email addresses of people who changed their minds or lost their cart and gave up finding it again. If the only cost to me is the disappointment of a sale that didn't go through, that is my problem, not the buyer's.
villagesales

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres one I just got. LASDAM211001@ROCK.COM. he can't spell worth a darn. A dead give away. For those that would like to know what a scam looks like check out this following email. Once you know what to look for you can pick a scam out a mile away. This is one!!

Re: Sony PlayStation 80 GB Motorstorm Pack

Buyer: lasdam larry

Hello,

How are u doing today? so i saw ur item on classifield, so i want to buy it, so all i need from u is honest, really i need to ask some question abt this item.

1. wht is the condition of this item?

2. Did u accept cashier check or certified check as a mode of payment?

3. Can u wire the rest funds on check to my shipping company?

4. Can u wire it through western union to the shipping company for the item pick up and for some clearance of our goods in state?

5. Can u send me ur full name and address with phone number for the payment?

6. final price of it and email me to LASDAM211001@ROCK.COM?

So wht is there is that dont worry ur self abt shipping of this item because i have my own shipping company that will come for the item pick from u when the check clears so like i said in the early that all i need from u is honest, so when u get the check just deduct ur money and wire the rest funds to my shipping company for the item pick up fee, so hope to hear from asap................ok

SO GET BACK TO ME WITH FULL NAME AND ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER SO I CAN SEND THE PAYMENT TO YOU .

PLZ EMAIL ME BACK NOW TO MY BOX........ LASDAM211001@ROCK.COM

lasdam211001@rock.com

NOW THAT IS A SCAM!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
villagesales

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Examples of scams. Reply with quote

Hello again. I just posted a example of a scam above. I also just noticed the post from baglady on Dec 3 2007. If you what to know what a scam looks like these are to very good examples. These messages will arrive in you email and it will be very clear that they did not read anything of your add about shipping and they also have bad spelling. Some spelling is ok but you can tell they are foreign and others like the one I posted you can barely read. Hope these examples will be of help. Village1 Cool
suburbanenterprises

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Examples of scams. Reply with quote

villagesales wrote:
Hello again. I just posted a example of a scam above. I also just noticed the post from baglady on Dec 3 2007. If you what to know what a scam looks like these are to very good examples. These messages will arrive in you email and it will be very clear that they did not read anything of your add about shipping and they also have bad spelling. Some spelling is ok but you can tell they are foreign and others like the one I posted you can barely read. Hope these examples will be of help. Village1 Cool

I recieved the same e-mail today and instantly deleted it.
There is a reason I only ship in the U.S. and only take Paypal or Google Checkout. These methods are a lot less risky.
1889candle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Abandoned carts Reply with quote

I am surprised that we would be able to even know that a cart was abandoned, most ecommerce sites won't send you any info until the sale is completed.

How do you know someone filled a cart if the sale never goes through ?

New here so I haven't had any sales to compare it to.

Angela
1889 Candle & The Sycamore Boutique
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These posted scammers are not the same as someone abadoning their shopping cart.

If a buyer goes as far as getting to the PayPal payment area and then don't pay - the order has gone through ecrater.com already, therefore the seller receives an order that will state payemtn method PayPal on it. If you go to your PayPal account and see no payment it the buyer didn't pay. Normally I send them a PP invoice at that time. Some folks get scared when they get to the pp screen and are told to enter their password since they themselve did not to to paypal - understand what I mean? If you send them an invoice when they log into PP they see the bill sitting there and feel better about things.
Other times they simple changed their mind and don't want to buy it any more = an abandon cart.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you accept money orders or checks (or any method not automatically supported by eCrater) then you'll receive the order notification whether they ever pay or not.
oneseller

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: why the product of my store can not show? Reply with quote

Dear sir:
Can you pls tell me why the products of my store can not show?Why ,i am very angry with this,i have applied for 3 times,but everytime,when i posted my goods,i can not see the picture in the store.Pls tell me why!!!
My store address is www.oneseller.ecrater.com.Pls make my store free.Thank you!!!
chinesesilk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! You just posted where you belong.

What can I see? Hmm...main page, item featured: New 8Gb nano style, meaning fake, same for your mp4 players, you can call 'em iPod nano style if you want.

Aren't you from the Philippines? Saying dear sir is Filipino typical.

Anyway there's no need to be angry, you got what you deserve.

Do a legal business and you won't get your store suspended.
oneseller

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: one more question! Reply with quote

Hi sir:
Thank you for your mail.I'm not Philippine,i say dear sir,bcz i respect you.And i just want to know if i changed the name of my products,you will get my store free of suspended?If not,pls tell me what i should do to let my store comeback?Thank you so much!!!

oneseller/Tina
DelightfulScents

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to block scammers from buying your items?
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DelightfulScents wrote:
Is there a way to block scammers from buying your items?

NO because buyers do not register here
CollectiblesChinaAndMore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was wondering if anyone here has confronted these scammers? Like asking them if they read the descriptions and terms...or asking for their address (complete with zip code, phone# with area code, and email addy? (Heck, one 'could' even say they will CALL them on their USA telephone! lol, that would be funny now.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 13 of 21

Jump to: