eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Deer Path Gallery - antiques, vintage, lots of pottery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Promote Your eCRATER Store
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deerpathgallery

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Deer Path Gallery - antiques, vintage, lots of pottery Reply with quote

Yippee! My store is finally open, and I'm really excited about it. I have much more to list, and will be adding a few things every day for a while.

I love American-made vintage pottery and glass, and seem to gravitate to it when I'm anywhere close, but I also love anything from the 30s, 40, 50s. . . .and, okay, the 60s, 70s and 80s. And some 90s.

I love dolls, too, but I have a hard time parting with them if they've been in my home too long. Right now I have 2 thumb-sucking Berenguers sitting on my bed, and I'm thinking they may be keepers!

But take a look, please. I'm open to any constructive criticism, of course.

http://deerpathgallery.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
stewartsdepot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good site but few items
acread

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, just took a look at your store. Looks great. I have a couple of small suggestions. You might want to move the second paragraph on your welcome statement to "about" section. No need to discuss those before the customer gets a chance to see the contents of your product pages. And try to keep consistancy on your category titles. Start all with capital letters or small letters. Right now some are starting with capital letters and some not.
Definitely seeing your store more stocked would be nice. I saw some items I like and like to see more of your stuff in the future. I wish you good luck with your store.
deerpathgallery

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions, ACRead. I'll fix those things.

And yes, my store will be stocked with more things very soon. I didn't want to put too much on at first, because I'm still learning about setting it up. I just added Google Checkout, for example, and I had to go through and add it in the description of every item, because I only had PayPal, MOs and CCs as payment options. I have the Google Checkout logo on all the items now, but it still needed to be added in the description.

I've also had to change a few other things, so I didn't relish doing it with such a huge number of items. But my store will never hold many hundreds of items, like some of them. I'm just small potatoes, and don't do this full time.

Thanks again. Smile
acread

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit like you too. I'm supposed to have a bookstore, but I have more bookmarks than books right now. Laughing I'm trying to think how I can best arrange things so it would be easier to brows before I post them. It doesn't help that I can't change the order of items that they have to appear in the same order I enter them.

I also spent a lot of time reading around here to learn. Have no clue where the day is going.
deerpathgallery

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, I've been adding new things every day, and I'm still clomping around here, learning something new every day! Having fun, too.

Lots of great sellers on this site. I predict great things for us all! Very Happy

http://deerpathgallery.ecrater.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Promote Your eCRATER Store
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: