eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello! All Former Ebay Sellers Sign in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DollsAndMoreCollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just can't seem to type these days! I left the "s" out of my store! It is dollsandmorecollectibles.ecrater.com

Thanks for looking and letting me know what I need to do to make it look like a store page!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
mainelybuttons

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
I go back as an ebay seller from 1998. Buttertownantiques is my ebay name, I came here during the boycott. People seem a lot more freindly here, and willing to freely give their knowledge. What a breath of fresh air...... Laughing
Happy to be here, and learning a lot more.
Mary
pcitum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: This just seems a nicer place. Reply with quote

Hi

Yep me too.

Over from Ebay. (Although I'm still listing but not as much) This just seems a nicer place.

Really weird, a company (Ebay) that don't seem to like their customers!

Really pleased to have found this site and I hope it gets as big as Ebay. Double plus I hope you give -us or we earn- a Brit connection.

Good luck to all of us
deerpathgallery

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Goodbye Ebay Reply with quote

CopperArts wrote:
Hello, just getting started.. Tired of the Ebay run around.. I hand hammer copper panels like mission roses, rose trellis, ginko etc.. and mount them in a hand made oak frames.. Really unusual. (and lots of work) ...

Hi and welcome. I love your copper pieces. I especially love the copper trees. . .beautiful! But I'm confused by this sentence: "Also being a new seller, I dont care to send the item out and the buyer can make payment after their purchase has arrived." What does it mean? You might want to make it a little clearer? Confused
barnhardtseasyshop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just moved over from ebay. I have only been selling on there for a little under a year. My husband and I have decided to branch out a business so the way ebay is now,we're better off where we have ended up. I am also leaving paypal. I have signup with google and like there checkout ALOT better already! I can make coupon codes and love it! I'd love to get to know new people who are serious buyers and sellers! I to LOVE to shop and to believe we could profit off eachother!
deerpathgallery

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnhardtseasyshop wrote:
I'd love to get to know new people who are serious buyers and sellers! I to LOVE to shop and to believe we could profit off eachother!

Hi and welcome. I think you'll find that most of us are very serious about making a go of it here. The hardest part for me is the promo, as I've never really done that before. But the learning process is fascinating, even as slow as it is!

I took a look at your store. You have some lovely items, but they're so washed out on my monitor, I can't really see what they are! That all-white background diminishes your items, in my opinion. Are you using canned photos? You might want to take your own, with more colorful backgrounds so that they look like real pictures. Good luck! Smile
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here's my ebay store

I joined ebay in March 1999. I printed off and read every rule and policy they had at the time - that's now impossible! Moved into our new home in September of 1999 and bought my first digital camera and started selling on ebay in October 1999. First thing I every sold was a cowboy hat they my brother got free for renting an apartment back in 1980 - moved that stetson around the states for 19 years and never once wore it, lol. Within the last minutes it went from $25 to over $60! It was so exciting!
Second item was another freebie - a wedding slip and simple veil. Again, the bidding at the end was a thrill to watch. Seriously, the whole family gathered around the computer and we kept hitting refresh and it would go up and up. We were all hooked!
The business grew from there. Finally in 2002, by that time I was the only one still doing things (the family got bored with it), I decided it was either I had to stop ebaying or stop working 50 hours a week in my accounting job. So I quit a great paying job to stay home and do this full time. I knew I could make it since I knew how much money I was already making on ebay - I just had to double that and the bills would get paid and we would have enough left to eat and everything! lol Of course a portion of every sale went to buying new inventory as well. Every item I listed on ebay sold! I knew I was doing something right because I read the forums all over the net and heard everyone cry about the sell-through rate on ebay. I didn't have that problem, so I was happy!

eBay really started to change - no more bidding wars. fees got higher and higher. more and more policies and rules. etc etc.

I always wanted my own store. eCRATER.com was that step I needed to see if my own store could survive. I bought domain names for my stores, forwarded them to ecrater.com and went to work. I still to this day list on ebay but nothing like that 100+ items I used to list a week.
My plan back in 2005 when I came to ecrater.com was a 5 year plan - advertise my domain name that way when 5 years was up I would make the switch to my own store on my own domain name. NOW, I don't see any reason to do that and my plans have been altered a bit. I don't plan to go anywhere! My domain names are all either just forwarded to my ecrater stores or a "doorway" page to my ecrater store.

So that's my ebay story!
SnowflakesBooksandCollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I began selling and buying on ebay in 2000. I was an infrequent buyer and seller on ebay for several years. My ID is rbsnowflake.
About three years ago, I began selling more on ebay and eventually opened up a Store. I closed my Store a few weeks ago.

At this time, I'll likely still sell a few items on ebay, but only to direct traffic over to this site. HA!

At the time I moved over here, I had 322 100%positive feedbacks. I put a LOT of work into those numbers.

I'm still working on listing, but plan to soon move toward focusing on Promoting.
I have a zillion more books to list here on ecrater, and lots of pottery and glass, too.

I love the no-frills ecrater.

Susan
barnhardtseasyshop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]I took a look at your store. You have some lovely items, but they're so washed out on my monitor, I can't really see what they are! That all-white background diminishes your items, in my opinion. Are you using canned photos? You might want to take your own, with more colorful backgrounds so that they look like real pictures. Good luck! Smile[/quote]

I Will have better pictures of the items with the white background, I just want to get all of our items on there before I do those other pictures. I haven't even promoted or advertised the store yet because I am waiting to get ALL 3500 products on there first.
Thanks
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I haven't even promoted or advertised the store yet because I am waiting to get ALL 3500 products on there first.

SUGGESTION - add some items and do some promoting, add some more, do some promoting.
Search engine will come back daily if you keep adding. You stop adding, they stop coming. Buyers are pretty much the same way. So work on adding items one day and the next time focus on promoting, then addint, then promoting. Keep them coming back.
barnhardtseasyshop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BigTallMensClothing"]
Quote:

SUGGESTION - add some items and do some promoting, add some more, do some promoting.
Search engine will come back daily if you keep adding. You stop adding, they stop coming. Buyers are pretty much the same way. So work on adding items one day and the next time focus on promoting, then addint, then promoting. Keep them coming back.

Thats a pretty good idea, thanks for mentioning that, MUCH appreciated! Now I just have to come up with my "Terms" page Question I really like it here you all are great! Would you also beable to suggest a good place to promote???
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would you also beable to suggest a good place to promote???

Read
Solutions to Common Questions - ADVERTISING and PROMOTION
barnhardtseasyshop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I bookmarked it, kinda noisy here right now to be trying to do all that at this second. But I will deffinatly be going through all of them!
Thanks again! I have some other WAHM groups I belong to also, that I haven't promoted with yet, I will get on that later too!
ElegantGlass

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I'm slowly moving items over from Feebay as they expire. It's ridiculous how much it costs to list and sell there now! I'm looking forward to a wonderful opportunity and time here at e-crater.

I specialize in vintage jewelry and elegant glass. From Fenton to old sating glass to carnival glass (my favorite of all!) if I don't know it, I know where to find it!

So, nice to meet you all!
yourworldmarketing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Hello to all Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi: I too am an ex eBay seller and trading assistant. My exit from eBay is financial but moral as well. The changes eBay is making are totally obscene and I just could not take it any more.

I miss the old fun eBay. Anyways....

I predominantly sell Rosewood gift items ranging from pocket knifes and compacts to clocks and inspirational wall hangings.

All the designs and personalizations are done by laser engraving and are truly beautiful.

It will take me some time to get everything up because I am building a couple of websites as well but I would love it if you would all check back often to see what is new.

eCrater.com seems like a wonderful site and I look forward to a long and happy relationship with them.

Wishing you all the best.

Sincerely,

Colleen
YourWorldMarketing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 7 of 22

Jump to: