eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I feel like crap
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seamless-Switchplates

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: I feel like crap Reply with quote

Buyer purchased a large order last Monday and left me negative feedback today. I get a sick feeling in my stomach when this happens. These items are handcrafted and for her to expect it 3-5 days later is so unreasonable.

Then the neg before that was because I made a mistake and shipped 3 out of 4 items. When she emailed me I apologized and shipped the missing item immediately.

I hate the fact that I cannot reply to these negatives. According to my feedback I'm a lousy seller and that hurts.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Seamless-Switchplates

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These make me feel better anyway http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=seamless_switchplates&&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&sspagename=VIP:feedback:2:us&iid=200198174548

great seller, fast shipment!

fast shipping, great items, A+ seller!

It's great!!! Much nicer than some of the others that I've seen.

So Cute!! Super fast shipping!! Thank You!! AAA+++

Looks great, thank you

Adorable! Love items! Will purchase from again A++

[/url]
acread

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, don't feel bad. I just took a look at your store. I will be bookmarking it. But that is beside the point. You obviously have a lot of satisfied customers. As a buyer I would look at the percentage of the people unhappy, and that is very low.

Now I assume you know that you could dispute and (if eCrater agrees) remove unjustly left negative feedbacks. Need to show proof and make your case to them. Here take a look at the section on feedback at FAQ and Solutions

http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2291

I have one suggestion that might help. You might want to put some info on your shipping methods and delivery times. And someone getting standard shipping will not expect expedited. Ask them to come to you with problems, returns etc. before leaving feedback. You could probably do that at the terms and contact sections. Then put notes in your product pages to check the terms before purchase.

I'd still say don't worry too much. Very Happy

Last edited by acread on Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
for her to expect it 3-5 days later is so unreasonable.

she got that right from your FAQ's
Quote:
ORDERING
Q: What should I expect once I place an online order? A: Once you submit your order, we will e-mail you with a invoice confirming that we have received your order . Since our items are all handcrafted please allow at least 3-5 business days for lead time. We will e-mail you a second time notifying you that your order has been shipped.

I KNOW and YOU know what lead time means but the average shopper don't. To them it means they will have it in 3-5 days. NOT that you need 3-5 days to make it before you ship it out.

Quote:
Then the neg before that was because I made a mistake and shipped 3 out of 4 items. When she emailed me I apologized and shipped the missing item immediately.

Well, you admittedly screwed up. Sure you took care of it AFTER they figured out how to contact you because there isn't any immediate contact just an email addy.
Hate to say it but if I order something and don't get what I order - missing parts, pieces, wrong item etc and there's no phone number on the packing slip and I have to take my time to go to my computer and email and wait for a reply dang right I would leave a neg.
debmode

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your feedback is not that bad , sure would not stop me from buying. I am really impressed by your sales !!!
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now I assume you know that you could dispute and (if eCrater agrees) remove unjustly left negative feedbacks. Need to show proof and make your case to them. Here take a look at the section on feedback at FAQ and Solutions

http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2291

this is over used by a few sellers in my opinion.

Ok this is getting ridiculous!
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4097

comfused buyer leaves me a undeserved negative!
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2831

OUCH! My 1st NEG on eCrater Undeserved!
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=709

How many have you had removed already????
acread

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I left that comment above I did not know about the other feedback problems. Something like that last one actually happened to me. I bought a book, got a tracking number from seller. It showed it arrived at the post office but after a week or so it did not get delivered. I went to the post office to check they couldn't find it. Had no clue where it was. I kept monitoring the tracking number. Nothing changed. I had notified the seller about the situation. Never heard from her either. Anyway, it does happen and people do have a right to get upset if what they bought never arrives.

I still say you are making too much of these feedbacks. I don't think they hampered your sales at all, just by looking at the quantity of feedbacks you got.
Seamless-Switchplates

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the comments and replies. I did get them removed yesterday as they should be. Thanks ecrater team

BT Thanks for your input as well. I am soooo glad you don't own and run this website because it seems your a pretty harsh and aggressive person. IMO If a feedback is unfair and left in haste it should be stricken from your record no matter how many times it happens. Razz
keechauctions

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Seamless, Wow, you have alot of feedback and nice feedback.....How long have you been selling on ecrater? I wasn't sure that many people who purchase came thru ecrater, lol....(Oooops, just kidding big)
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BT Thanks for your input as well. I am soooo glad you don't own and run this website because it seems your a pretty harsh and aggressive person

Seamless,I don't think that is fair.Just because you don't always get the answer you want that agrees with you doesn't mean it's not right.Everyone here is doing their best to help people out,whether you agree with us or not.
EarringStop

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BT I am soooo glad you don't own and run this website because it seems your a pretty harsh and aggressive person

If it weren't for this "harsh" person.... ALL of us would be sending emails to ecrater for every little problem we have!!! it was BTM that got this forum approved & volunteers to keep all the info flowing.
So realize ... especially since this new influx..
Imagine answering 100's of posts....IMs & emails AND running 1 bazillion stores & making a living EVERY DAY. It's no wonder BTM is still working dilegently at 4 AM.
I even get a bit harsh after working for 20 hrs in a day Mad
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seamless-Switchplates wrote:
IMO If a feedback is unfair and left in haste it should be stricken from your record no matter how many times it happens.

Well, hey, you removed "lead time" from your FAQ so you must think it was good advice. If it were me I would add one more thing -- I'd put something like "before the item is shipped" at the end of this sentence as I think a lot of customers are still only going to see "please allow 3-5 business days":

Quote:
Since 99% our items are all personally handcrafted please allow at least 3-5 business days for crafting.
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: ecrater is FREE Reply with quote

ecrater is FREE

Big Tall and all the Mods and others who try to help and give advice in the forums do this for FREE

If you do not like ecrater and the help and advice you get in the forums.

You are FREE to go somewhere where you might feel you get a better reception, but you might have to pay for this.

I understand there is a place called efee or something like that. you might want to give there a try Evil or Very Mad
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone old and new needs to remember that this forum is based on helping one another in a positive way. There are way too many stabs in the back recently and too many aimed at someone who spends many hours a day replying to often immature and inane questions from people too lazy to read FAQs, Terms, and other stickies.

Do I think BT is curt sometimes? Of course. But I keep in mind that when I get fed up I just avoid the forum. BT can't.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do I think BT is curt sometimes? Of course. But I keep in mind that when I get fed up I just avoid the forum. BT can't.

me curt? You got to be kidding, LMAO!

I am a very matter of fact person.
Don't try to paint the picture different then it is because I will pull out all the facts I can.
That's just me. That's how I am. That's how I have always been.
I will can it as I see it.
I will do the best I can to help every one succeed.

But in this case - don't try to make it sound like it's never your fault
time and time again.
As I pointed out already YOUR TERMS say 3-5 day lead time - that means to the buyer they will have it in 3-5 days,
Therefore, if they don't have it in 3-5 days you didn't hold up your end of the deal.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: