eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

ROYALLY TICKED!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teekerseekers2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: ROYALLY TICKED!! Reply with quote

I had a mention in my ABOUT ME page on eBay referring to this site. Big brother eBay decided I needed to either change or delete the reference or they would eliminate my ABOUT ME page. Well, I certainly do not want to offend the mentally deranged employees that monitor everything and everybody and every move people make so I did it for them.
What pompus a##es. They really think they are the end all and be all . Fortunately in My World they are not!

Good luck to anyone who decides to stick it out with them. They will certainly need it. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Now I Feel Better Wink
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
teekerseekers2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: And Another Thing! Reply with quote

Why is it when you put the search engine in on Yahoo eCrater.com the first thing that comes up is eBay??

It says " Looking For eCrater? Find exactly what you want on eBay.

What's up with that??? If I can not mention eCrater on my MY PAGE how do they get to butt in on ecrater's search engine?
acread

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you mean this?
"Ecrater Looking for ecrater? Buy direct from sellers and save.
www eBay com"

It appears eBay has a commercial at Yahoo. Prime location too. They must be worried about loosing business to eCrater.
debmode

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just put in ecrater it is first but if you put in ecrater.com your right. I cannot remember the specfics but yahoo and ebay have some lind of business deal. I do not sell on ebay anymore and the calm is worth it.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I had a mention in my ABOUT ME page on eBay referring to this site.

I only have a button on my ME page that say's... "check out my store"
& then it's linked to my ecrater store.
Onetime I offered $2 off coupon "If they use google checkout"...
Right away I got the same message... "ebay does not allow google checkout"
So they are looking for keywords.... just link a button without the words "ecrater"
Paleoplastic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My About Me page says basically see our home page or something like that...and links to our main website page and that, right now, just has an enter button and goes to a second page with the link to the eCrater store and the logo "Helping to build an eBay-free internet."
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: And Another Thing! Reply with quote

teekerseekers2 wrote:
Why is it when you put the search engine in on Yahoo eCrater.com the first thing that comes up is eBay??

It says " Looking For eCrater? Find exactly what you want on eBay.

What's up with that??? If I can not mention eCrater on my MY PAGE how do they get to butt in on ecrater's search engine?

Because EBAY pays for that sponsored link/
It's like adsense on google - you can pay for any words you want.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really has nothing to do with Ecrater. go to google and put any word in the search...say, painful hemmorhoids. You will get an ad on the side of the screen that says 'searching for painful hemorrhoids? Get it for less on Ebay'. I promise, we've played around with it quite a bit. They have some kind of deal to post that ad with any term you search.
kittenkat22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x

Last edited by kittenkat22 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:20 am; edited 4 times in total
theeclecticcollector

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

Teekers- I did the same on my old ME page, it is still there as of yesterday. Did they email you or how did you get the notice that they wanted you to change your page? I am just wondering for future reference:) I didn't put a hyperlink in my page but the message is clear on how to get here lol. I read some people are putting button links to their store here. Maybe if I get a cease letter I will go that route!
ToyTraders

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Here's What You Do . . . Reply with quote

(after the yank it)
Head straight over to BBB online. For those who don't recognize those famous inittials The Better Business Beaureau (sp).
Yep, head on over there ...BTW select San jose as the area of business. Fill out your complaint stating eBay STOLE your property. Yes, your listings are YOUR property! YOU paid for it! If it is not illegal to post legitimate items on any of your pages ebay has no right to take it.

Be sure your complaint is to the point, be nice, profanity or angry words won't help you here. The BBB is here to help.

HAH! You will be amazed at how fast you will receive an email from the ceo of ebay with a big fat apology.

try it.
Stop letting ebay bully sellers into abiding to unjust rules.[/b]
MysticPlusSales

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas...........
LOL that reminded me of a gag survey thing my daughter got in her email... you type in "your name wants a" and see what comes up.. there were about 15 ?? it was soooooooooo funny.....

FeeBay and PayPunk will do anything to have the monopoly!!

Melody
acread

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasTreasures wrote:
It really has nothing to do with Ecrater. go to google and put any word in the search...say, painful hemmorhoids. You will get an ad on the side of the screen that says 'searching for painful hemorrhoids? Get it for less on Ebay'. I promise, we've played around with it quite a bit. They have some kind of deal to post that ad with any term you search.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thanks
hoodat-teeshirts-andmore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll pull a link to your eCrater store but they allow links to a blog so start a free blog at blogspot and list some eye catching items from your store with a link to your store there. SNEEEEKY.
gigisconsignmentcloset

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do a link to your store on your ME page as long as it is 2 clicks from buying. Just don't mention the word ecrater and you'll be ok.

Linking to your ecrater store is not illegal even by Ebay's standards because the buyer has to click 2 times once they enter your store in order to see anything to buy.

lol I went rounds with ebay and they now leave all my links alone.

Hmmm... this may be why I'm on pink island over there. Question
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: