eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

This is not allowed -
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenostalgicnugget wrote:
I am also still waiting for clarification on this:

Quote:
You can not list priority mail as a service!

That just means we can't list Priority Mail (or insurance, etc.) as a separate item listing on its own. I guess some folks have done it as a workaround for offering insurance or shipping upgrades but it's not allowed (I assume due to Google Products requirements).
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php
3.3 What is not allowed to post?

- Body parts & organs
- Pirated materials and products
- Copyrighted Materials (images & texts)
- Counterfeit Designer Items (replicas or imitation of designer products)
- Fake Documents
- Illegal Goods and Services
- Personal Information about another individual
- Prescription Drugs
- Prostitution
- Currency Exchanges
- The same or very similar content several times (even in different categories)
- Miscategorization
- Meaningless title & description
- Test items unless your store is put on-hold
- Free items and items with prices that are not "real"
- Pre-order items- Tobacco and cigars for smoking
- Live animals

BOTH the bold items pretend to items not really available for sale.
Google does not allow items that are not for sale in the feed. eCrater.com has no way to pull out SOLD image items.
After explaining the issue of buyers not being able to view their items once they receive it in the mail ecrater.com agreed to allow us up to TWO WEEKS of a sold out item to be still in our store.
One thing no seller wants is for google to no longer accept feeds from ecrater.com due to too much trash in them. I think we will all agree with that.

Where is the 2 week rule written?

No one can expect people to follow this rule unless they can find it in the rules.

The 2 weeks removal not written in the rules - accept that items not for
sale are
so technically if you want it by the rules - a SOLD item is not allowed at all. BUT becuase a buyer can not see a hidden item ecrater.com agreed to allow a sold image on an item for up to 2 weeks - that's plenty of time for a buyer to receive it and view it to compare it to what was received.
If it's abused a store can be suspended.

There was recently a brand new store that had 5 items all marked sold. Obviously they didn't sell them from ecrater.com and that store is suspended.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also still waiting for clarification on this:

Quote:
You can not list priority mail as a service!

Obviously we can use whatever service we want, which means we can list what we use. But...

Do you actually mean we cannot offer multiple services stated in the listing; as in:

We offer 1st class for $3 and Priority $6"....

Since the matrix does not allow it in the input fields?

Again, where are the rules on this so people can follow the rules?

I personally have no trouble with a seller saying if you want a different service just email me. Again, a venue. It should not matter what service the seller is using or offering since it supposed to be up to the seller.

Where are the stated rules?

YOU CAN list it within a product description of an item you have for sale.
BUT you can not list it as an item itself. Because you are not selling anything in that listing. That's due to Google feed rules.
oneseller

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: questions Reply with quote

Hi sir,
I think ecrater is very good(heard from my friend),but why i can not find my goods from this website:www.oneseller.ecrater.com. And my products "hits"show like "0",pls tell me why?Should i give up this store or to wait you-ecrater to make my store free?Pls advise.Thank you so much!!!
chinesesilk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to post twice in different areas.

I replied you in the scammer warning thread. Have a look.
steeltowncomputers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone clarify for me if this is or isnt allowed i sell computer systems sometime in the past i offered upgrades larger hard drives, etc.. these could be purchased as a upgrade for a lower cost (difference between the standard item and the upgrade) or as a standalone item for the items full price. they were always listed as seperate items from the complete systems and would show up on the sellers invoice as such. i offer 26 different systems so upgrades usually arent an issue just want to make sure im not breaking any rules
eurotechav

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneseller, I can't find any products in your store. Maybe you haven't set up your categories in the right way. You may also want to get some help with your spelling, punctuation and sentence structure. With high priced electronics I would like to be confident that the seller would be able to spell my address correctly.
AdornItAll

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is a 50/50 lottery allowed? I think they are not even legal in every state (mine for example) and I think a gaming license is required in many.

http://usedgarden.ecrater.com/category.php?cid=439837

AdornItAll
kittenkat22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, could someone please tell me if the word "inspired" is allowed in a listing title or description.

For example if you are selling earrings with a CC logo and they are not chanel. Can I list them as chanel inspired initial earrings?

I could not find where it isn't allowed and did see listings- many with the use of the word "inspired." I just want clarification before I list any items that way.

Thank you in advance!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you can't. That is just plain fake Chanel. Same with any other item that is pretending to be or uses the logos or fabric of a copyrighted item.
When you see listings, copy the url and report it to ecrater.

We try to keep the sight clean but items sneak by and can be up for a while before being picked up. Guilty stores may have the items deleted if it is just part of their inventory but if most of the store is fakes/inspired or whatever you want to call them, the seller will be banned and the store closed.
kittenkat22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CC earrings may not be the best example but what I have found here it that it says you cannot sell counterfeit items not items that are insprired by other artists. There-in lies the confussion.

Maybe a better example would be this: I have some hair pins that are inspired by the work of Michal Negrin. They are not done by any desinger per se but look a lot like her work. What would be the problem if I say the work is inspired by her work then? Michal Negrin has a unique or vintage antique look to her work and to say she has that copyrighted- the look- is impossible. There are many known artists who also do this such as Liz Palacios and others. See how this is a gray area- it is not a copyright protected logo or fabric or even design- just a style of work.

With the use of the word inspired, it isn't like you are trying to pass off a fake item as the real thing- you are telling them up front it is not the real item by that designer by saying it is inspired by their work. If the design or logo is copyrighted then that is another thing and should not be allowed.

I appreciate your answer but I think I need clarification by the final authority here. Some places allow it and others don't.

If you want to check it just put in "inspired" in the search engine- there are 823 items. Sorry, and please I am not being rude in any way when I say this- I am just super swamped and I really don't have time to turn ads in - I am still trying to delist at the other place and list here and promote my stand alone store everywhere I can- it is not my business what other people do and don't do in their stand alone stores and it is not my responsibility for policing the other stand alone stores. I opened up my own individual storefront and I just want to know so I don't do anything wrong in my store and in my selling practices in my store.

Ok I have edited this four times trying to be as polite as possible. I still would like clarification in the sense that I aked this question in.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what you asked.
kittenkat22 wrote:
Hello, could someone please tell me if the word "inspired" is allowed in a listing title or description.

For example if you are selling earrings with a CC logo and they are not chanel. Can I list them as chanel inspired initial earrings?

I could not find where it isn't allowed and did see listings- many with the use of the word "inspired." I just want clarification before I list any items that way.

Thank you in advance!

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:

We try to keep the sight clean but items sneak by and can be up for a while before being picked up. Guilty stores may have the items deleted if it is just part of their inventory but if most of the store is fakes/inspired or whatever you want to call them, the seller will be banned and the store closed.

I was not trying to be rude. You asked a question and I answered it. That CC is a registered trademark of Chanel and you can't legally use it unless you are selling Chanel items. I cannot give a definitive answer about the designer you just asked about. If you are copying his work, that is illegal but if you merely puts hair goods together in a similar manner to his but not using replica pieces, you should be safe. However depending on how touchy he is he could take issue.

I believe we communicated about Tressables. Her finished product looked nothing like the patented product but the mechanism was the same so the patent holder put her out of business.

As for you not listening to my advice, if you didn't want advice, don't ask for it, just do what you intend to do anyway and pay the consequences. Ask whoever you want. Get a hundred different opinions. Please don't PM me, email me or expect me to answer you again.
noadi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the energy to go into detail about copyright, trademark, and patents (I have the flu and I'm exhausted) but I'll try to sum it up in a few words:

Creative works like paintings, music, jewelry and fashion designs are copyrighted and directly copying that work isn't allowed but you can create work similar that is inspired by an artist or designer as long as you are not trying to pass it off as that creators work. Individual works are copyrighted not styles. There are also fair use exceptions that cover editorial use, satire, and parody.

Names and logos can be trademarked and you can't use them without permission if they are. No exceptions here, if you don't have permission it's illegal.

Patents apply to inventions and if an invention is patented you can't copy how it works (however you can create an invention that provides the same result but works in a different way). Patents cover how things work not how they look so a product can look much different but if it works in the same way as a patented product it's not allowed.

Check out these links for more in depth info:
http://www.uspto.gov/
http://www.copyright.gov/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

Of course eCrater can make stricter rules than these if they want. I'm only talking about what US law says about copyright, trademark, and patents.
scratchoffgames

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
fabric of a copyrighted item

check out here about this...
http://www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/HallOfShame/HallOfShame.shtml
TheHouseofW

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG in another forum I am on, the Love Potion lady is really heavy-handed on ebay. A person started a thread about it because she was selling some BPAL imps(small fragrance oil samples for the non-BPALians) and one of them had a name that was "_______ in Love" and another one was "Potion ________" or something of that nature. Well, she flagged it and got it pulled. It was unbelievable and literally that obscure in the usage of the words "love" and "potion". So, extensive discussion ensued about copyright and some of the lawyer-types put forth that if you copyright something, it is necessary to defend it to some degree. In addition, it at least isn't applicable to music, which is slightly redeeming on her part. So I found that interesting, and yet slightly purposeless and odd. Coldwater Creek used to be very tightly wound about people selling their items on ebay, which is odd as I've never known of CC fakes running about, not that it couldn't happen, but they seem to have become somewhat weary of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: