eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I don't understand why my store is being suspended.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
authentic-only

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: I don't understand why my store is being suspended. Reply with quote

I don't understand why my store is being suspended. I've checked and rechecked, and don't know what I did wrong.
All my items are authentic.
Pictures are from some of the stores on the internet, but they know I'm selling their items and thus using their pictures.
Please give me some idea. I might have missed something.
Would Appreciate it.
Thank you.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pictures are from some of the stores on the internet, but they know I'm selling their items and thus using their pictures.

You must have WRITTEN permission from the manufacture to use their images. If you have that permission then contact ecrater.com

To prove your items are authenic be prepared to fax your receipts to ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
savewizard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: it's nice to see communication Reply with quote

I had a problem because I was selling products which were trademarked brands not imitations or copies from the designer brands, but could be considered inspired by, on Amazon. Although I thought this was ok with the Amazon rules, it was not, probably not ok with the ecrater policy which is more clear than Amazon's policy.

It is good to see though that they are willing to work with sellers in the event of a suspension. Amazon is overly strict I feel, I asked them to please specify which items they would like me to remove, since I know all my products were legit, but I will remove anything they don't want me to sell, and they just banned me for life! Not to mention they are holding my money for 90 days.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are/were selling items labeled with luxury designers names and did not get them from those designers you aren't selling authentic items. It is that simple. These designers don't drop ship and don't use distributors. Many distributors have long song and dances about how they get their products they then urge you to sell for them. These distributors are frauds and fronts for counterfeiters.

Ecrater does not allow any replicas, inspired by, etc clothing/shoes/accessories items. Having these items included in an otherwise legitimate store will cause the whole store to be suspended. It's not worth it folks.

And if you don't sell fake goods and just shrug off their presence on ecrater as not your business, think again. eBay is regularly sued by designers for copyright infringement. They still turn a blind eye to the fakes being sold because they make millions of dollars from the sales and can afford the lawsuits.

Ecrater makes $0 from the fakes or any other items. If the same designers go after ecrater for allowing the items to be listed and the owner can't afford to fight them, the suer can close down all ecrater for good. They have done it to other sites less powerful and rich than eBay.

So it is every seller's business to help keep ecrater free of illegal merchandise.
savewizard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify, the trademarked brand I was selling was trademarked by the manufacture who's item I was selling. It was not a trademark owned by any other brand, but this gray area can invite lawsuits, which can be heard in court, which cost money to defend, which is why the policy should be clear, which ecrater's policy is!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save wizard are you and authentic-only one and the same person? When people are vague about what they sell or want to sell and have empty stores, it is difficult to know how to respond.
savewizard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I just opened my store today, and I set all the shipping settings for every country except Cuba, because I'm not sure US citizens are allowed to ship anything there. That took about 2 hours to do

Created custom image for the store, added first category, sunglasses, and subcategories, unisex, men's, women's, which I currently only have about 5 different models of non-inspired by sunglasses, but I will be expanding my offerings with more non-inspired by sunglasses, and I will sell my inspired by sunglasses somewhere else hopefully(I have $4000 in wholesale value worth of inventory to get rid of)

Just figured out how to make images not be cropped(make them square), and how to get featured categories to display.

Also figured out google products attributes and read about how all items in google products look like the seller is ranked 3 stars even if you haven't sold anything yet. That almost made me stop right there, but it looks like the issue is being worked on.

Our household has been full time online sellers for 2 years, part time longer than that. We hope to bring a lot of traffic to ecrater to create more competition in the area of solution providers for sellers such as Amazon and eBay
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF I am reading this correctly - Lords knows I might not be -- but if I am

You have INSPIRED BY designer purses that you want to sell on eCRATER.com

is that correct??

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
IF I am reading this correctly - Lords knows I might not be -- but if I am

You have INSPIRED BY designer purses that you want to sell on eCRATER.com

is that correct??

I think the wizard has changed its mind about selling them on ecrater. If I read it correctly.
jabbasyacht

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

savewizard wrote:

Created custom image for the store, added first category, sunglasses, and subcategories, unisex, men's, women's, which I currently only have about 5 different models of non-inspired by sunglasses, but I will be expanding my offerings with more non-inspired by sunglasses, and I will sell my inspired by sunglasses somewhere else hopefully(I have $4000 in wholesale value worth of inventory to get rid of)

Does inspired sunglasses mean that they are counterfeit/replicas? If they are exported from China they probably are, because China really doesn't enforce copyright laws. Is this why Amazon banned you?
savewizard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I actually wasn't even selling inspired by, per se, but they could be considered inspired by, what I was selling was the reason I was banned, but it is a gray area, The manufacture I worked with holds the copyrights for the design and logos, I am legally ok, and Amazon was not clear on their policy. Ecrater is clear on their policy, since they can be construed as inspired by, I will not take that chance at ecrater.
jabbasyacht

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

savewizard wrote:
No, I actually wasn't even selling inspired by, per se, but they could be considered inspired by, what I was selling was the reason I was banned, but it is a gray area, The manufacture I worked with holds the copyrights for the design and logos, I am legally ok, and Amazon was not clear on their policy. Ecrater is clear on their policy, since they can be construed as inspired by, I will not take that chance at ecrater.

If your products are imported from China or another country, that country may have different rules for trademarks and copyrights than the USA. I remember hearing that in China there are shopping mails packed with counterfeit or inspired items, which the chinese government allows, many of these products are illegal to sell in the USA. So just be careful, just because a factory holds copyrights for the design and logos in China, doesn't mean it doesn't violate US copyright and trademark laws.
savewizard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, the distributor could be lying, but the distributor claims they own the China factories and they are a US company who holds exclusive license to the designs / logos they sell. I don't think they would still be around if otherwise. They are a huge company, with not huge profit margins, they would be shut down long ago. It is just the issue of being able to get heard in court that major online retailers, and ecrater (an up and coming major retailer) can't afford to deal with, and it is not profitable to deal with.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get info from the distributor, do the item descriptions say sunglasses inspired by Gucci or Porsche or Chanel? Or do the descriptions say designer inspired sunglasses?

If they use the designers' names in promoting their items and the items are identical to the designer products, then your distributor is promoting counterfeit goods whether they make them or not.
savewizard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do not mention any designer names
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: