eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

can you have 'local pickup only'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MerrittQualityEmporium

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: can you have 'local pickup only' Reply with quote

Hi all,
Another question.
Can you list an item for 'local pickup only'?? If so, how do I set it up?

Thank you for all your help.

Edie
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way to specify that except for in the item description -- but you have to count on the buyer actually reading...
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a few sellers here that do local pick up only --- just clearly mark it in each description and hope they read.

You might think about craigslist on local only items.
OldHouseCollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edie I enjoyed looking thru your store and hope you have many sales.

The pictures of your antique rocker were great. Do you have any clue to the age of the rocker as I would think even a general dating would help to sell it? Then, out of curiosity, what is the red item tied to the rocker?

Until I read your rocker description I didnt realize a person could enlarge eCrater pictures by clicking on the picture! Embarassed

Another big thank you for the link to www.uship.com as I wasnt aware of this unusual shipping site! Now I can think about selling some antique pieces too. Very Happy

I'm glad that I read your listing! . . . Joyce
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Until I read your rocker description I didnt realize a person could enlarge eCrater pictures by clicking on the picture!

Jeez Joyce, that's a good point! Confused I didn't figure it out right away myself until I passed my cursor over one, LOL ~ I sure hope buyers are aware of it! Rolling Eyes

Now I'm wondering if I should mention it in each item's description, because most of my jewelry pics are 450 to 600 px, out of necessity to show detail, and I'd like them to be able to see that. Egads that's a lot of editing! Shocked

Chewing on that piece of food for thought Cool Cher
OldHouseCollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JewelryDesignsByCher wrote:
Quote:
most of my jewelry pics are 450 to 600 px, out of necessity to show detail, and I'd like them to be able to see that.
Cher

Yup Cher that would be a lot of editing so unless you need to be perfect just put a note in your new listings.
I have done that type of editing several times and it wasnt worth being perfect! Shocked

I just checked my pictures and they arent enlarging so I am sending too small of a size to eCrater. Sad
I am selling books so its not important like it would be to jewelry but still click/enlarge is available and it should be used.

I looked at my pictures and most are listed by width (235) X height (300). No mention of px on the screen.

Idea This is another area that is confusing but I will try and see if this works: My next listing will have a picture with a height of 450 so it will be much, much larger. Then eCrater will reduce the 450 size for fast viewing and then just click to see the 450 size. That does sound a bit too easy

Thanks for mentioning the size of pictures that you use! Very Happy
Joyce
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had never checked before, but the standard eCrater size for our photos seems to be 300 px ... so make your width the size you want, Joyce...rather than the height, the it will give you a square image proportionately square image...(I think, lol) Wink

You can always check the size by right clicking & choosing properties ~ the 1st number is always the width, 2nd is the height and it's usually measured in pixels. Cool Cher
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: can you have 'local pickup only' Reply with quote

Cher - Thanks for your help! Smile Attic Treasures
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: