eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello ~ Just moved in eCrater - love it.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cherryempire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Hello ~ Just moved in eCrater - love it. Reply with quote

Hello:
I want to drop by to say hello to everyone. Not surprisingly, I am a 2 years eBay seller. As I am slowly developing my own webstore hosted by 1and1.com, I realized that those so call "easy setup web stores" are not so easy. Yet, I am still paying $39.99 a month. Then I found ecrater.com, and I love it. Its so easy to post a item, and have a inventory management control!

Shipping is still a problem area, and I am working on it. I am wondering how everyone setup their shipping matrix. Between now and until I figure out how to setup shipping matrix, all purchases will have free shipping.

I am a sales working in a lingerie company. My company imports a wide range of lingeries and sell it to distributors. If you owns multiple stores, and have items that's constantly repeat order. You can come to me, and I get you a better price. My store name is Cherry Empire Online Store - in that Store I will sell 'Pantie', ' Body Shapers', 'Babydolls', and 'Regular / Plus size Bras'.

That's it... come visit my store sometime...

I am open for any suggestions on how to improve the store.

Oh,... does anyone know the best display resolution for picture to put on ? My pictures for feature item is always cropped.

Best Regards,
http://cherryempire.ecrater.com/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, welcome to eCrater Very Happy
mswagsandcrafts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome! Very Happy
deerpathgallery

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yes--Hi and welcome. But I'm SO confused! Why on earth would you say that all purchases are FREE?? (If they're free they're not "purchases", by the way.) For how long? And what's the catch? (Questions any buyer would ask.)

You also have free shipping right now, so this is really going to cost you if you go ahead with it.

I would suggest you put your store on hold until you get everything worked out. I'm guessing that English is not your native language, so you might want to have someone who is English-speaking edit your listings, "About Us" and "Terms" pages. You also have repeat paragraphs in your Terms.

I don't understand what you mean by "keeping your email open". Your email is always open. I'm not sure it's a good idea to limit the times when your potential customers can contact you.

But I think when you're finished, you'll have a very nice store.

Good luck. Smile
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't understand what you mean by "keeping your email open". Your email is always open. I'm not sure it's a good idea to limit the times when your potential customers can contact you.

email is NOT always open.
You are not always tending to your email.
So to give specific times you look at your email is not a bad thing,
NO ONE is up 24/7 so unless you have a 24/7 staff there is no way your email is always open.
deerpathgallery

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Quote:
I

NO ONE is up 24/7 so unless you have a 24/7 staff there is no way your email is always open.

Your email is always open to the sender. You can certainly choose the times you read it, but it makes no sense to tell potential buyers they can only SEND emails during certain hours. Yes, you could say you only READ emails during those hours, but that's not how he put it.
cherryempire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Quote:

Thanks deerpathgallery and BigTallMensClothing, I corrected some errors.
No, English is not my native, Mandarin is my native language. I will google an official template for T&C, About US, and contact us tomorrow.

I am actually having trouble to configure shipping rate. eCharter won't let customers' choose shipping method, so what shipping rate should I base on? USPS Priority Mail ?
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
what shipping rate should I base on? USPS Priority Mail ?

That's up to you.
deerpathgallery

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cherryempire wrote:

I am actually having trouble to configure shipping rate. eCharter won't let customers' choose shipping method, so what shipping rate should I base on? USPS Priority Mail ?

Are you based in the US? The shipping matrix is a problem for everyone because it's complicated and never accurate, no matter what you do.

If you don't want to use it, you can either set a specific rate for each item or include shipping in the price of the item. I set my rates, and try to set a middle rate, which means that I'll probably lose on long-distance shipping but be okay with closer locations. I set my shipping rates at First Class, but often I ship Priority without charging extra. Many of my items are breakables, and I just feel better shipping that way.

The shipping matrix is a problem right now, but I think they're trying to fix it.

Good luck.

Smile
1733Shoppe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater cherryempire!

Smile
kawaiibobo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and yes eCrater is a great place! Very Happy
bednarskifamilypolishstoneware

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: New Store Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater.

Wishing you lots of Sales.
cherryempire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deerpathgallery wrote:
cherryempire wrote:

Are you based in the US? The shipping matrix is a problem for everyone because it's complicated and never accurate, no matter what you do.

If you don't want to use it, you can either set a specific rate for each item or include shipping in the price of the item. I set my rates, and try to set a middle rate, which means that I'll probably lose on long-distance shipping but be okay with closer locations. I set my shipping rates at First Class, but often I ship Priority without charging extra. Many of my items are breakables, and I just feel better shipping that way.

The shipping matrix is a problem right now, but I think they're trying to fix it.

Good luck.

Smile

Thank you for you suggestions!! I have modified the term and condition, shipping, and about us. Please please please let me know if I made any more mistake. The only thing left is FAQs. I will continue to post on it. I decided to use $5.00 Flat Rate shipping for all purchases, and hopefully this will shift my ebay customers to echarter. I was gonna reply this morning, but I couldn't log in the forum. It kept sending me back to login page no matter how many time I type the password.
You have a excellent pictures!! Nice backgrounds, and settings. I wish I know how to take crystal clear pictures like yours.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but I couldn't log in the forum. It kept sending me back to login page no matter how many time I type the password.

Try using a different browser. I am guessing you are using AOL and it don't work
makusan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Moon!
Enjoy your stay Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: