eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

an ebay questions
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChocolateBubbleGumBoutique

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: an ebay questions Reply with quote

I have heard many of you talk about emailing all of the customers who have bought from you on ebay and telling them about your new store. How do you compile all those addresses?? Where can I find them. I mean I have a lot of them, but the ones that are older, are they still there somewhere?

Thank you!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
stewartsdepot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They would be on your paypal account. Logon to paypal and hit history towards the top

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay..thank you!
movinon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen the history section of my PayPal account, but how do you just get a list of e-mail addresses? Or do you have to go through each transaction one at a time?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking you have to go through one bay one...blech, but it's worth it in the long run. I hope someone who has done this will clarify though.
movinon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOPE . . . you can go through PayPal and request a history report that includes ALL the information in a spreadsheet format!!! YEAHHHHHH!!!

Just requested mine from the beginning of the year to now and it's a lovely thing to behold.

Tried to go back for 2007 and it says the system isn't currently working but . . . I'll try again later!

It sure will make all sorts of things easier to track.

Hope this helped.

Kelly

www.movinon.ecrater.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah! That does help!!!
HeyDiddleWoolies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you had a store, and people signed up for your newsletters.. you should have an automatic mailing list that way too! Granted the ratio to those that sign up, vs those that buy from you is hugely different! But you can send up to 5000 emails thru greedbay per month - and it goes to their ebay in box! Very Happy
blessings, bren
stewartsdepot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another thing to do is to go to all your feedback that you have given and follow up on it advertising your ecrater site i did that with every single feedback i have given to everyone that i have ever dealt with on ebay.

HAHA
bonkersbeautybuys

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,
I was thinking about that, but don't you think Ebay will put you in Thumb Screws or some similar torture when they catch on? I made an honest mistake in the interpretation of one of their 1000 rules & they made 386 listings disappear. I'm Scared! Shocked
stewartsdepot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i dont have anything listed and i dont plan to list anything so its no big deal to me. I have left about a thousand feedback and every single one of those i have followed up with my site url. And ebay hasnt noticed yet and i did that over a month ago. Plus they have bigger stuff to deal with like loosing traffic and money. Hahahahah
bonkersbeautybuys

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey-
More Power To You! I am Actually Hoping Sink Slowly Like the Titanic, so they can feel all the terror they have inflicted!
makusan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great idea having the list of email addresses from ex-buyers via Paypal and emailing them.

As a buyer, I wouldn't mind reading an email that brings me to another site. Well it gives me another option and choice. ")

But will others considered it as a spasm e-mail? even though they remember your ID...

how good is this method?
Creekers-This-And-That

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just completed an e-mail marketing campaign. If you used Auctiva for your listings on eBay, you can compile a list of emails from the last 3 months I think. I sent approx. 200 e-mails, all of which included an opt-out clause at the bottom. I don't think I will be using that method anymore, or if I do, I will educate myself fully on email marketing. I have recieved about 7-10 opt out messages and 1 customer was concerned that a mass email like I sent would open her up to spam. In my limited knowledge, the only way that would happen is if one of the other customers on the list was a spammer. My point is that you should really do some research on email marketing techniques and go into it knowledgable....
kittenkat22

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not allowed to spam your former clients and yes that is spam. You are using their e mail address to send them unwanted information. They can report you and if ebay finds out they can take action against you- if you care that is. If they wanted mail from you they would have signed up for a newsletter. The best way to contact them is by snail mail and only when you send a package. Put a note in the package when you ship it from ebay with a business card with ecrater on it.

Also, when a customer e mails me from ebay to ask about special items they don't see listed, I send them a reply outside the system and tell them I have it listed here- what they are looking for. I then RUN and list it here- and a bit cheaper than I would have listed it there, to draw them in! Sometimes you gotta do what you can.

You CAN put on your about me page a link to here- it is NOT against ebay rules as long as it is more than two clicks to buy there. I linked mine to my about me page here. I find the sales here VERY slow- I have done everything mentioned and working on more but I have to literaly drag customers here to buy. They say you get what you pay for and this is free- lets hope we get better than nothing! I am working my fingers off putting this name out there everywhere I can promoting it and it is slow going.

You just have to be careful how you approach your former ebay customers so you don't get into trouble with them or paypal.

Creekers I would have been furious if my name was on that list- I had someone do that to me once and I got so much junk it wasn't funny. Did you use blind copy? Even with that some mail forms pick up that you are included in a list of many. There are ways you can find out too that it was sent to more than you so that is not a solution unless you send them out one by one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: