eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

This is not allowed -
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kittenkat22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all the replies

Maggie I did not say you were rude (there is NO mention of it at all), I was not trying to be rude to you either- that is why I tried to word it carefully so please again do not put words in my mouth. The question was not worded right the first time so what you answered did not apply to what I needed to know. I said I was not trying to be rude either in asking for clairification from someone in authority since this is a gray area. It seems you did not read my second reply when I changed the scenero and asked in the style of. That is why I wanted the clarification from an authority here. I won't even comment on your response except to say- you did not read what I wrote and it was uncalled for.

Thank you but I know all about copyright- I have been plaigierized that is why I ask about this since it is a grey area- I would never take work, IP or otherwise. I was just asking about a "style of" situation.

The person you mentioned should have looked into what she was selling and see if it was legal or not. She knew they were a hot ticket item to make and sell. I have seen those sold at fairs and I bought one- they came with patent informatin- I find it hard to believe that she just thought she could copy one. She got caught and that was her fault- she did something wrong or she was just lazy in not finding out before making them to sell. She was goning to sell online where the whole world would see. Surely she should have known she would be caught (if in fact she knew ahead of time it was protected). I totaly agree with the owner of the patent she had every right to shut her down.

I will leave it to "designer style" and mention no one. That is a safe description. Thank you again for the replies.

Noadi, thank you and feel better!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
kittenkat22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi W, as they should be. Many companies frown on reselling their items. Let me clarify I should say many retail stores. The original company could care less since they got paid. The reason the retailers are upset is that employees are re-selling merchandise cheaper than they would normally sell items for. I ran into that scenario on ebay too. I asked a woman about a pair of Judith Jack earrings and asked if they had the JJ logo since I was not familiar with the pair in question. They were $160 earrings and NOT on clearance any where near me. I know I check every other day all my stores for sales etc. I also asked how she can sell them for $9.99 starting since most JJ I purchased with all my coupons and customer rewards were at least $45. Her answer- I work for the company!!! This is illegal and every company tells you this. You become your own employers competition. She even used her real name on ebay and in her e mail and it said what city in her ad. How hard would that be for Macys to find her???

Hard enough trying to find good things to sell when the competition is cheating.

I can also tell you that a LOT of samples- perfumes and cosmetics- meant to be given to the public- make it out the back door at work by employees and onto sites to sell. When I do snag a freebie I run to list it- they are really hard to come by now. When you ask, or worse have a store sent flyer they look at you like you are a martian.

Nice to meet you!
ballroomjewelry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!

I have several dresses that I want to list with a BUY price or a RENT price. In a nutshell, if the customer wanted to rent the gown, they would pay the buy price with the understanding that they would be refunded partially upon return of the dress in good condition and within the agreed time period (deductions taken for damage or late fees) and if the customer kept the gown for 30 days it would be understood that they purchased the gown. Is this allowed on eCrater?

Thank you!
mycraftstoreandmore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand are you saying that I can't post in my description that I will be shipping it Priority mail? Because that's what I ship all the items in? I'm very confused I've never herd of such a thing. When I sold on eBay everyone always states what it's going to be shipped in as a matter of fact per eBay rules we have to state how the item is being shipped and everyone always puts insurance is an option and lets them know how much extra shipping insurance would be?

I understand this is a different site (not comparing you with eBay) just explaining why I'm confused. I just want to make sure I'm doing right because I certainly wouldn't want my listing being deleted I've spent a LOT of time on them. So, please I would appreciate if you could explain a little better so I can fix it if there's a problem.

http://mycraftstoreandmore.ecrater.com/

Here's the link to my store if there's something wrong please let me know so I can fix it but please do not delete it with out allowing me to fix the problem (if there is one) first Thank you.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Craft Store and More

What's not allowed is having a listing just for shipping charges.

Some people were listing 0 shipping or very low shipping and then having a separate listing with no item but for priority or express shipping. That is not allowed. Your shop is just fine.
mycraftstoreandmore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness OK thank you. For a moment I thought I was going to have to edit all my listing. Now I understand thanks again. Laughing
Baseballcardsandmore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong ---

I have my listings with a set price but would like to offer potential buyers the opportunity to make an offer on items they may be interested in. Is this allowed??

Thanks for your help.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baseballcardsandmore - Yes you can type that into your description area.
Something liek use ask the seller a question to make your best offer
or whatever you want.
Baseballcardsandmore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your help. I appreciate it !!!!
ClothesAtHand

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I am wondering if ecrater allows the sale of "information" For example: is it against the rules to sell online coupon codes? If I have a code for free shipping at www.target.com or something like that... am I allowed to have a listing for that? What about selling links? On ebay, you can get around certain things by saying the buyer is paying for your time to gather and email the information to them. What are the rules here?

Thanks.[/quote]
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to have the LEGAL right to sell it.
ClothesAtHand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why they say you're paying for their time... technically they're not selling the code. Is that allowed?
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClothesAtHand wrote:
That's why they say you're paying for their time... technically they're not selling the code. Is that allowed?

I won't think so - since you have no legal rights to sell that code.
Time? is not a product.
Not sure how well that charging for your tiem would hold up in a court for selling somethign you don't have a right to sell.

Personally, I would think it's not allowed.
ClothesAtHand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand... thank you.
artdoodads

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are we allowed to state we accept offers on our items?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: