eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Frustrated...No sales yet. All help appreciated.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mysoutherncloset

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Frustrated...No sales yet. All help appreciated. Reply with quote

I have my store set up and have gotten a # of hits...but no sales. I have read through many posts that talk about how to build traffic. I have limited computer knowledge. I'm not stupid but general answers aren't helping me. I am at the point that I think I should head back to ebay. I can't afford to waste more time.

[/url]http://mysoutherncloset.ecater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, don't mean to discourage you but I just took a look at your store and the first though that went through my mind is "this store is empty". Since I knew it wasn't I proceded forth to look more. But others may not have. You need to fill out your home page. Put a photo to "your image here" even if it is one of your products it is better than seeing that comment. Make 5 of your categories featured category so it will fill up the bottom.

Your product pages are very short (there are a lot of them with just one line). You need to provide more info for the items. Use a lot of key words that could get picked up by search engines.

Did you submit your URL to search engines?

Did you open a Google Analytics account (free) to monitor the traffic, where it is coming from, what keywords lead to your pages, etc.

I first opened your book category (well for obvious reasons), and saw a bunch of items with not photo. It would be very helpful for buyers to at least see the items, they will be buying. Especially the product description is 2-3 lines at most and some of which has nothing to do with the item.

Your terms page is almost empty. Need to add info. You could add info on shipping methods, shipping time, delivery time estimate for shipping methods used, return policy etc.

In any case. This site requires you to do a lot of promoting and advertising, which is constantly done at e Bay by e Bay. It is not the appropriate venue for some. It is hard work. My question is do you want to improve your site or you think it is too much of a hassle to fix things?
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what EXACTLY have you done to get buyers into your store?

How long ago did you submit your URL to all the search engines? THat alone can take them weeks, months to find you AFTER you submit to them.

You home page is not complete - I know as a buyer I would move on.
No FAQ's - that don't help you either.

Selling everything from Beauty Products to Window Treatments don't make your store SEO friendly therefore it's creating even more work for you.
Your 2 main categories - Books and Clothing and Shoes
have no relevance to each other.

106 items is a good start but not what most people expect to find in a store. So keep listing those items. Categories with ZERO, 1 or 2 items don't give the shoppers much of a choice.
Anniesattic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did a great job with the photos and your site, but I would say maybe people aren't all that interested in a 4 or 5 dollar item. I personally don't put anything up for sale for less than $20, it's just not worth it. And maybe customers feel the same, that it's just not worth it for such a small $ amount. Maybe try more $$ products, especially if you are frustrated and worried that you won't be getting any hits. Good luck.
mysoutherncloset

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Agree with your comment Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I agree, I need to post higher dollar items. My main problem however is getting traffic to my site. I have spent many hours trying attempting to do this. I am willing to put in the time. I realize that this is what it takes to be successful. But I have limited computer experience with creating links to my site. I have tried to place a photo on my store page and have not been successful either. I have read all of the posts concerning traffic and still am confused. I need specific instructions on how to do this. I know many sellers will find this easy to do but if you don't have comp.knowledge it is not easy.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are issues I saw.

You don't have a banner. Once people are in your store they have no idea the name of it so if they come upon one of your items in google and click on it without noting the name of your store, they will not see it again. That banner tells shoppers where they are and who you are.

Get a picture in the space below the banner space.

A lot of your photos are turned on their sides. That says to me that you don't really take care of your site and maybe not your items. Some items don't have photos and they aren't items you listed yesterday. Some photos are quite dark or have flash glare. Offer additional pics if the item is difficult to photograph.

You are not consistent in giving condition and measurements and materials.

Shoppers have nothing to go on except what you provide them with. If it is not enough, they will pass you by.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have tried to place a photo on my store page and have not been successful either.

click on color template
see the one you have selected already - the BLUE one
put your mouse on that image of that globe looking thing
Click your mouse
that will take you to a page to upload an image from your pc.

This is the one thing that alot of people have troubles with.
ASK and we will help you.

If you can't get it done. I have another option for you but try that first.

Quote:
I have read all of the posts concerning traffic and still am confused. I need specific instructions on how to do this. I know many sellers will find this easy to do but if you don't have comp.knowledge it is not easy.

We all want to help you and everyone else as much as we can.

Gymboree is one of your title tag words - yet you only have 5 Gymboree items. Relevenace of your keywords, meta tags, meta description are all very important. Since you have a variety store it's much harder for you to get good placement on a search engine that means you have to do alot more work in finding forums and boards and classified ads to post in.
You have 106 items - BUT they are not all related products.

You have a bunch of brands listed on your ABOUT page that you don't have any of the items in your store. That is keyword spamming - search engines read the about us page and don't find product to relate to it.

Your books are lacking in descriptions for sure.
DBA-Nyblaque

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: sorry to hear that Reply with quote

sorry to hear about your situation... i wish i could give yuoadvise but i am in the same boat and i dont want to "piggyback" of your thread...sounds like you are getting somes good advice. good luck to you:)

nyblaque
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed that it has been 10 days since you last visited your store. You still haven't added pictures to your book listings. Doesn't look like you are very serious about ecrater. If you have abandoned your store then shut it down.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: