eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Can I post a link to my eCrater store on eBay AboutMe Page?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fynderskeepers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Can I post a link to my eCrater store on eBay AboutMe Page? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if I can use my eBay About Me Page to Promote my eCrater site ? I'm transferring my eBay inventory over to eCrater & want to put a button on my Aboutme at eBay pointing to my eCrater store.

Their policy reads :
"Links from your About Me Page

You may link to your own Web store or Web site. However, you may not directly offer any non-eBay merchandise on the About Me page itself.

eBay does not permit its users to place the following types of links on your About Me pages:

Links that directly offer any non-eBay listing or merchandise on the About Me page itself.

Links to other online trading sites or pages, including auctions and fixed-price formats.

Links to sites offering the same merchandise for the same or lower price (including the Buy It Now price).

Links to sites offering merchandise or information not permitted on eBay

On your About Me page, you may link to your own Web site or individual Internet store where you are offering to trade, sell or purchase your goods or services. However, you may not link to any page within online trading sites that offer goods from multiple sellers either in a fixed price or auction format."

Has anyone done this, or know if it's allowed ?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay rules change daily
BUT the way I understand it
you can have ONE link to YOUR home page ecrater.com
You can not say more items for sale at
Quote:
you may link to your own Web site or individual Internet store where you are offering to trade, sell or purchase your goods or services. However, you may not link to any page within online trading sites that offer goods from multiple sellers either in a fixed price or auction format

do NOT link directly to www.ecrater.com
but you can link to you individual Internet store
so make sure the link goes to www.fynderskeepers.ecrater.com
fynderskeepers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much. That's how I interpreted it also. I had posted the question on a "eB" board & they argued that eCrater was an online trading site. But as you pointed out, the link to fynderskeepers.ecrater goes ONLY to my web store, with no links to other sellers.

They may pull it, but I'm going to give it a try.

Thank you for your helpful link of places to post & promote your store for free.

Tracy
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I had posted the question on a "eB" board

that was your first mistake.
gurlz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the middle of a debate right now w/ebay over this... it's been going on for nearly two weeks, both of us have locked horns...

I have even pointed one of my URLs and masked it, just to try and get this guy to put it to rest...

They keep quoting:
"On your About Me page, you may link to your own Web site or
individual Internet store where you are offering to trade, sell or
purchase your goods or services, however, it may not promote off eBay
sales.Your About Me page may not contain links to commercial Web sites where goods from multiple sellers are aggregated by a common search engine"

And I keep saying "my individual internet store" does not offer items from "multiple sellers", nor does it share "a common search engine"... it stands alone and only offers only my items.

They keep coming back with the same thing and now he even said that "if you look at properties it shows as an eCrater store"... oh my gosh... according to their own guidelines, I didn't even have to point and mask, using one of my own URLs in the first place and still I would've been within the way their own guidelines are written...

I'll try to keep you all posted on the outcome... I hate fighting w/ebay over this stuff... they get like a rabid dog, even when they're wrong, and just won't let it go w/o a major fight... Shocked

I've beat them before, but it's soooo time consuming... I wish they would stick to their own rules and not make them up as they go...

I think I may just change the link to my blog anyway... ack! lol Rolling Eyes I have more important things to do, like list items here and not on ebay! Laughing

Have a great day! Very Happy
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have even pointed one of my URLs and masked it,

Masking your domain name to your ecrater store can cause issues with PayPal.
See Solutions to Common Questions - PAYPAL post of Posted: 11 Mar 2008 12:49 for more information
gurlz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much BigTallMensClothing! I had no idea!

The only hits I rec'd from the link were from the ebay employee and the crazy individual who reports any and everything I do on ebay (and I haven't even sold there for 6 months... I want to tell her "Life's great! Get one!" lol Laughing )...

I don't care about linking from ebay to the eCrater store anymore, it's not worth wasting valuable eCrater listing/advertising time on Very Happy , so I simply linked to my blog instead...

Thanks again for your info, it is very much appreciated!

Wishing many, many sales to everyone!

Take care and have a great day! Very Happy
TFCN-Broadcasting

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There Is A Back-Door End-Around The Ebay About Me Page Issue With Linking To Your eCrater Store. You just need to be creative Very Happy

I have a link on my Ebay About Me page that goes to another website where I have absolutely nothing for sale and is not part of any group of mass sellers, etc. The only thing I have on on that website is information about our company. Nothing is for sale on that site. However, on the home page there is a LINK called LINKS TO OUR STORES one of which will be my WWW address and it will not be masked and it will point directly to my eCrater store.

If Ebay want's to go on a scavenger hunt to investigate where that link goes then let them but I don't think they are going to waste their time going past the home page to see what link takes them to what link that takes them to HERE. They have better things to do right now like trying to see how many sellers they can run off their site before May 1st.
gurlz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the info TFCN-Broadcasting!

I'm glad some people are able to get around it... as I mentioned above, I haven't even bothered selling on the ebay site in six months now, so it's not like I'm driving customers from there to my stores here! lol Laughing

But that's great for others to know, who have to keep listing there for now!

Yeah... May 1st will sure be interesting! lol
(I wonder if we'll all "break" the PSU counter again! lol)

Thanks again for the info!

Take care and have a great day! Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: