eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Don't know whats going on, but

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
camelotgiftshop

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Don't know whats going on, but Reply with quote

I am listed on two other sites and I sell items daily, but here, I don't know, I purchased advertising from google, listed on so-called free sites, used my web promoter every two weeks for my ecrater store, you name it, I've done it and yet not one sell.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
dakotaexchange

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You have a nice store and your items are sharp.

Part of the problem for those of us that deal in jewelry is the economy.
People are having problems making ends meet and we are not selling items that people need. When times are tough, jewelry is not a high priority.

Sales were not that great during Christmas, as compared to previous years. They have been dropping off badly since.

I know this is not what you want to hear but unless buyers have plenty of disposable cash, jewelry is not going to be near the top of their list of got to haves.

Sorry
hoodat-teeshirts-andmore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another problem with jewelry is all the cheap carp flooding in from China, especially over on the Bay. It looks great in pictures but when you get it (if you get it at all) it looks like the trash it is. Kind of sours buyers on buying jewelry online.
knotartwa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoodat-teeshirts-andmore wrote:
Another problem with jewelry is all the cheap carp flooding in from China, especially over on the Bay. It looks great in pictures but when you get it (if you get it at all) it looks like the trash it is. Kind of sours buyers on buying jewelry online.

Now It's time for handmade don't you think so ?
Even this - i don't sell a lot of Smile But I'm ok with this - each "baby" need about 9 month for better result Wink!
bonkersbeautybuys

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using Goggle Attributes on each listing? My sales have doubled since including them, and I'm not even certain if I get them all correct. I signed up for Adwords and since I had a very limited budget, I believe I just wasted my little money. If you can't afford a budget that will get you page 1 or 2 placement, I don't think it is the most effective way to advertize, but I went to Google Shopping and entered NARS lipgloss, then entered $10-$15 price range. Only One Listing was shown. Mine. I found several others out there, but I'm sure Mine came up because of the Attributes. Smile
knotartwa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonkersbeautybuys that's great - but cxan you shere information about Attributes - and how it works? Thank you!
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

knotartwa wrote:
bonkersbeautybuys that's great - but cxan you shere information about Attributes - and how it works? Thank you!

Read -
Solutions to Common Questions - Google Attributes

As with most questions
if you look in the FAQs and Solutions section of this forum you will find the answers.
bonkersbeautybuys

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for feilding that one BT! I never could have figured out Attributes without the link Big & Tall just gave you. But it has really made an amazing difference in traffic AND sales! Very Happy
knotartwa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you BT Off to read !
LittleBirdhouseStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Big Tall, question regarding the attributes. I have read everything here regarding google attributes and cannot somehow figure it out. I make and sell handcrafted items and it just does not fit in there anyway. I need some explaining here to figure it out. I too like the start of this topic have great sales at two other sites, but nothing here. Can you help me??

Thanks, LBS
LittleBirdhouseStore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleBirdhouseStore wrote:
Hey Big Tall, question regarding the attributes. I have read everything here regarding google attributes and cannot somehow figure it out. I make and sell handcrafted items and it just does not fit in there anyway. I need some explaining here to figure it out. I too like the start of this topic have great sales at two other sites, but nothing here. Can you help me??

Thanks, LBS

Anyone help me with this please??
Thanks.
acread

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, LBS

Anyone help me with this please??
Thanks.

Have you seen these threads on attributes?
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5937
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=10012

I' suggest you try these:
[!product_type:bird house!] (if ecrater does not have an exact match for your product)
[!color:light brown!]
[!department:home and garden!]
[!height:36 inches!]
[!lenght:36 inches!]
[!width:36 in!]
[!style:handcrafted, rustic!] (casual, fancy, etc.)
[!size:medium!]

But you can always select other on eCraters list if you think will suit your products.
BookwormBargains

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget:

[!artist:LittleBirdhouseStore!]

I add that attribute to all of my handmade items...after all...we are the "artist" who created the item! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: