eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New Items

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bayonlinesales

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: New Items Reply with quote

I am thinking about adding new items with my consignments. Do many of you keep inventory or do you dropship? I have a couple of companies that I have dropshipped with and have been pleased with. Just need some feedback on this. Looking forward to getting things going here!
J
wahm922

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course most people will yell "no no no" at you if you mention that D word. However there are people who have success with them. So if you have something you already know works then I say go for it.

If its something like SMC products then I would stay away, they are overpriced and the market is flooded with them. And that's why eCrater won't even index SMC products.

I have used a dropshipper in a sense, not a company but rather directly from the manufactor that offered the service. I was successfully selling on ebay when I wanted to expand my line and get a website. It's next to imposable for me to keep that large of an inventory on hand so it worked.

Ideally I would like to keep some stock on hand at all times and use the dropship option if needed.

Yes, sometimes an item will go out of stock but not often and when it does I just refund the buyer and offer them 10% off their next purchase. I even had one willing to wait the 4-6 weeks for the item.

I know people who have had very bad experience with dropshippers so it all depends and what and who you have as a supplier.

Hope that helps Wink
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
aspencounty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using dropshipping for year with SMC being the most successful by far.

Since the internet has become commonplace the use of drop shipping has expanded greatly. While it is still a major tool used by large companies (e.g., Kohl's, Costco, Kmart, Circuit City, Sears) supported by companies like Commerce Hub, it has also become a form of business for small startups and eBay businesses.

Dropshipping is arguably the fastest growing retail phenomenom in business history so why not leverage the buying power and resources of a large company.

Choosing a company depends a lot on what kind of products you are looking for. It also requires lots of research to find good companies with a proven track record.
OldHouseCollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: New Items Reply with quote

wahm922 wrote:
If its something like SMC products then I would stay away, they are overpriced and the market is flooded with them. And that's why eCrater won't even index SMC products.

What are"SMC" products?
bluedragonsgifts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious about something here. How does eCrater know who your dropshipper is?? In order for them not to index a product this is something that the site would have to know.

Just a curiosity question..

We are new to eCrater and are one of those who sell the S products but we have been doing it for 15 years before the market was flooded. Not sure if flood is the right word unless you are talking about the 40 days and 40 nights flood. Laughing
aspencounty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is any way to tell if your using dropshipping. It would have to be certain recognizable products are being singled out. Even so, there's no real way of telling the origin of those products or if your shipping yourself or using a dropshipper.. They may come from SMC, they may not. Many vendors carry the same or very similar products.

"Flooded" is a relative term. You might say the market is floooded with Ford automobiles. Just about every town has a Ford dealership. Larger cities seem to have one on every street corner.Despite the market being "flooded", most of these dealerships flourish.

I think the difference is the way you market your business, your products and your sevice.
bayonlinesales

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not be selling the SMC products. I was a member for a while and found out there were alot of others selling the same thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: