eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Store thesecrethill suspended ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesecrethill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Store thesecrethill suspended ? Reply with quote

Hi there

little question - sorry if this is the wrong section - but can anyone of the mods here tell me if my store is suspended or not ?

The thing is, none of my customers are able to find my products back in the general listing .. ??

At my knowledge, i haven't broken ANY rule ....

- All of my products are original
- I only use pictures that i have taken myself
- i have NO feedback, my account is only a couple of days old so i haven't had sales yet

I am afraid that, IF i got suspended, it will be for the same reason as on Ebay ... i am UNfortunate enough to be living in South Africa .. and it seems that 99% of the world population doesn't know that Africa counts more than 1 country (many people globalize Africa and Nigeria .. but there is app 6000km of difference between us and them ..)

So could somebody check this for me and perhaps let me know what i am doing wrong ?

Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a mod but I looked at your store and it is suspended (I see google ads only when I click on your categories. That is the sign.)

I don't think this has anything to do with you being from South Africa.

I see you have some wholesale items, were they listed in the "wholesale" global category? Miscategorization could be a reason. I don't know how your titles look. Did you have the same exact title on more than one item (would be considered multiple listing). Were your descriptions only a few words (would be considered meaningless).

Check the terms page on eCraters home for what is not allowed and try to see what you have violated.
thesecrethill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
I'm not a mod but I looked at your store and it is suspended (I see google ads only when I click on your categories. That is the sign.)

I don't think this has anything to do with you being from South Africa.

I see you have some wholesale items, were they listed in the "wholesale" global category? Miscategorization could be a reason. I don't know how your titles look. Did you have the same exact title on more than one item (would be considered multiple listing). Were your descriptions only a few words (would be considered meaningless).

Check the terms page on eCraters home for what is not allowed and try to see what you have violated.

- Wholesale are my own categories in my shop .. so i assume that we are allowed to do that.
- My descriptions are super complete, and i even mention WHERE i purchased my items (without handing out address details) and how many i purchased ..

I know for a fact that we are having a hard time even BEFORE we can make a sale .. for the simple fact that we ARE from South Africa (read : Africa .. so we must be Nigerians) so i make my adds as complete as possible ..

Highly annoying .. i had a couple of requests from potential customers . now my store is offline .. Ecrater just tagged us as scammers ... would you buy something from a webshop that has been suspended ?

Don't think so
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Customers don't know it's suspended. They can still see your store but not your actual items for sale.
acread

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you correct the stuff that got you suspendes and apply to eCrater and get it reinstated, no one will be able to tell you were suspended. So you need to figure this out fast.

If what you had in the wholesale local category (your categories) were items that were being sold by bulks then you would need to list them in "wholesale" global category.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't get suspended for being a wholesaler. You will just have your shop moved to the wholesale category or if you are part wholesale and part retail, those items that are retail will show in regular categories.

If you copy and paste a couple of your items including titles and global categories into your post here, perhaps we can help you identify the problem but as is we cannot see your items.
acread

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, my eyesight must be deterriorating. When I first looked I saw some computer's and boxes, thought that's all you were selling. Now that I lookes again you got some guns (the Airsoft stuff). That is not allowed. Look at terms of eCrater.

Quote:
3.3 What is not allowed to post?

- Body parts & organs
- Pirated materials and products
- Copyrighted Materials (images & texts)
- Counterfeit Designer Items (replicas or imitation of designer products)
- Fake Documents
- Illegal Goods and Services
- Personal Information about another individual
- Prescription Drugs
- Prostitution
- Currency Exchanges
- The same or very similar content several times (even in different categories)
- Miscategorization
- Meaningless title & description
- Test items unless your store is put on-hold
- Free items and items with prices that are not "real"
- Pre-order items
- Firearms & ammunition
- Tobacco and cigars for smoking
- Live animals
- Mod chips or mod chips accessories

Last edited by acread on Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I viewed the store in the MODS feature. I can only see titles and the first image there along with the global category.

Since he is NOT a wholesale - appears most of his items are a stock of ONE - the items shouldn't be in the wholesale category and from what I see they are not. There are in the proper categories.

I can't see the descriptions. So I am guessing that must be where the issue is. Since he claims he hasn't sold anything it can't be a bad feedback or alot of complaints issue.

This is what I am wondering ---
On the About us page it says -
Quote:
The production and distribution of luxury items in the leather industry. Using leathers such as Crocodile, Ostrich, .

Could it be that Crocodile and or Ostrich can't be sold in the US? I think it's alligator that is illegal here for sure but don't know about the others.
acread

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTall look at my comment above yours.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was crocodile that couldn't be sold...shows how much I know. I thought all those cowboy boots I see running around down here are alligator! But if it's guns he's listing, that could be it. I wondered about that think (rocket launcher?) that I saw on the home page and decided maybe it was for paint ball or something.
Glad I don't have to figure that stuff out-I know deer rifles and shotguns for birds..that's it!
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I had to go look. Seems you can buy boots of crocodile or alligator. But you have to be a liscensed exporter in order to export crocodile and some other animal products. Could that be the problem, since he is exporting from SA?
I have no idea why he was suspended, this just made me curious enough to go look, since the boots are so popular down here.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airsoft guns are not firearms and last I new there were tons of them for sale on ecrater.com.

hhhmmm maybe I am confussed and it's the croc that is illegal and not the alligator. It's at least one of them reptiles!

Quote:
you have to be a licensed exporter in order to export crocodile and some other animal products

AH HA!!! Seems like that might be the issue then.
If that is the case thesecrethill needs to provide ecrater.com with prove that he is a licensed to ship this stuff to the US.
acread

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked up airsoft and they look like real guns but are not. I thought they were real guns.

OK. So I guess it is the crock thing.

(BTW I also saw a photo of a half covered nipple. Would that create any issues?)

Last edited by acread on Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airsoft guns are pretty well known so I doubt that is the problem. More likely it is the export of the croc.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BTW I also saw a photo of a half covered nipple. Would that create any issues

As long as that item is in Sex Stuff it's not an issue
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: