eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

What does this mean?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: What does this mean? Reply with quote

Phishing filter is checking this website.

I have had nothing but trouble in recent weeks when trying to work on ecrater.

1. In listing when it is time to update, add item or add photos, this little green screen icon at the bottom of my screen comes on that the phishing filter is checking this website and it won't change the page.

2. If I get it to work after 3 or 4 attempts, then when I click add photo, it goes through the motions and then I get the Cannot be displayed screen.

3. Sometimes it never does anything. I think my computer is frozen but if I try to go to a non ecrater site, all is fine.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
aspencounty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you are using IE7. The "Phishing Filter" is a tool but it acts crazy most of the time ( typical buggy Micro Soft stuff). I keep it disabled when I'm using IE.

If you are using IE, click on tools and you should see it in the drop down menu.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. I had a choice of turn it off or disable it. I turned it off. Is that the right choice?
ANightOwlsTreasures

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed over to Mozilla Firefox a month ago - I am so LOVIN it Smile My hubbie tried to get me to change over a year ago, but I stuck with IE. I'm Never going back Smile The final straw was almost daily crashes, sometimes taking the whole system down with it. Granted, Firefox has it's own little oddities, but I feel way more secure, and it's anti-phishing works well. Stops annoying ads too Smile It also doesn't suddenly blow up for absolutely no reason at all.

Not everyone loves Firefox, but the difference to me feels exactly the same as the day I moved from using DOS to using Windows. (I balked at that change too, but I was hooked as soon as I tried it)

You can always go back to IE if you don't like it. You can have both installed, and can even run them both at the same time. There are some sites that Firefox won't work with, but you can set up FF to automatically open an IE window when you go to any site that you discover is not set up to work with FF (I only have 2, it's uncommon)

It doesn't exactly answer your question, but it could be a solution to your problem.

BTW, is that a tortoise shell kitty you have? I have a tortie named Pixel.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use both. Firefox used to be a lot better but I think the more they mess with it the worse they make it. It seems to freeze a lot and I have to shut it down lately. I have been having trouble with all my browsers in the last few months.

Joyce
noadi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your firefox extensions, those cause most of the problems people have with firefox especially when it comes to freezing.
WireWrapandBeadedJewelry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Suggeston to problem: Reply with quote

Hi, I also have IE... .6
I had so much trouble with IE 7 that my support told me to take it out as they said it is a piece of junk(Their words). Since then everything is ok but I do have to turn off the pop up blockers to do postage............I would change but I like this and I am not too computer savvy./

For what it's worth....it may have been you IE 7/.
Dorothy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: