eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

My store is on hold but I'm getting hits?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
debandricksstore

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: My store is on hold but I'm getting hits? Reply with quote

Question I'm sorry if this is a repeat question & really appreciate any help! I am trying to set up my store with all my items so I have it on hold and I see there are hits on some of the items. Is a store shown while it is on hold and am I possibly missing sales? Also, can you find out who the hits are from? Thanks again!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you store is visible. Just click on the "Preview" on your admin page to see your store site. When the store is on hold only the buy now buttons are disabled. So you get hits. Everytime you yourself or anyone opens one of your product pages your hit count increases by one.

Just because you are getting hits does not mean they are there to buy. It could be the eCrater bots, or mods looking at your products, people browsing, or you looking.

If you don't want your items visible on your store site (or anywhere else), you can edit the product pages to check the "hide" option and "update".

The more important thing is why do you have the Google Attributes on your product titles. They are supposed to be at the end of the description portion.

You might also want to get a logo where your store name is readable.

Last edited by acread on Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:59 am; edited 2 times in total
debandricksstore

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I appreciate the help. I'm a grandma with grey hair & my kids tell me I'm just a goofy platinum blond. Guess they're right! LOL
I guess I didn't understand where the atributes actually went!
Can I change the store to have caps in it to make it readable? If so can you tell me how to do this?
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caps are very hard to read for most people and are considered yelling on the internet. Most shoppers won't go past the first line if they see all caps.
Double click enter between sentences or short paragraphs to make it easier.
debandricksstore

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, didn't mean I was going to put the whole thing in caps, just the begining of each name. Can I also change my URL to make the change or do I have to start over. Computer savvy I am NOT, that's why I was scared to start a new store off of ebay.
acread

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

debandricksstore wrote:
Sorry, didn't mean I was going to put the whole thing in caps, just the begining of each name.

You can type things on your admin page like you are typing them here and it would be fine.

debandricksstore wrote:
Can I also change my URL to make the change or do I have to start over.

Changing your url means changing your store name. Which will cost you $10 (because asking eCrater to do that takes up the owners time). To bypass that you can open a new store with the name you want and close this one. But that will cause you to set up a whole new store and then copy and paste contents of listings to that new store (piece by peice). And you cannot have double listings. It is a headache and time consuming thing. Personally I don't think having capital letters on your url is worth that (which is basically cosmetic). But you can do it if you want to.

For more info on changing store name see: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=8985

debandricksstore wrote:
Computer savvy I am NOT, that's why I was scared to start a new store off of ebay.

You don't need to be too savvy. Just have courage and go for it. Did you know that if you learn new skills your brain develops new links and grows regardless of your age. Think of this new experience as brain food. Very Happy

And when you get stuck, ask.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

debandricksstore
If you are referring to your store name
NO you can not make any changes to your store name once you register.
debandricksstore

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. Someone above mentioned mine was too hard to read. Honestly didn't think about it when I did it.
I call all my mistakes a college course- Selling 101
LOL
acread

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

debandricksstore wrote:
Thanks everyone. Someone above mentioned mine was too hard to read. Honestly didn't think about it when I did it.
I call all my mistakes a college course- Selling 101
LOL

That comment wasn't about your url. That was about your logo. That's the image that you put at the left top corner of the page above the photo. This one:

It's very tough to read your store name (I'm assuming that is what is there). If not you should definitely put your store name there. It should be easy to read for customers. It appears on all pages of your store. And tell people where they are, so in the future they will know what your store is named and will be more likely to return to it. It's one of the most significant promoting you could do for your store.

It would help if this image is elongated (like a banner) instead of a square photo.

You could try a free online logomaker like

www.cooltext.com

It's not that tough to use.
debandricksstore

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for all the great help!
debandricksstore

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about posting again, but when I try www.cooltext.com, it says "page can't be found"
acread

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They may be temporarily shut down. Try again later.
debandricksstore

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally got it. WoW that's great! Now I gotta see what I can come up with!
BONEYARD2U

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: ITEMS ON HOLD??? Reply with quote

I HAVE JUST STARTED LOADING MY STORE ITEMS...AND THE ITEMS ARE ALL "ON HOLD"...WHY, AND HOW DO I MAKE THEM AVAILABLE FORSALE.

THANKS,
LEE
acread

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: ITEMS ON HOLD??? Reply with quote

BONEYARD2U wrote:
I HAVE JUST STARTED LOADING MY STORE ITEMS...AND THE ITEMS ARE ALL "ON HOLD"...WHY, AND HOW DO I MAKE THEM AVAILABLE FORSALE.

THANKS,
LEE

You probably put them on hold. That's the only way it would happen.

In your admin page click on "On-Hold" (on the left side under: "More Options") and remove the hold there.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: