eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Support for Google Checkout (aka gbuy) has been added!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=514&start=0
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bargaintown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=514&start=0

Fancyflappers, is this a reply to my question about whether to choose XML or name/value pairs as the callback method? If so, Ive read through this entire thread and don't find the answer. Am I missing something? I see in the google checkout settings where to enter the callback URI https://www.ecrater.com/google/response-handler.php , as posted at http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=671, but then there's an option to select either XML or name/value pairs as the callback method, and I'm asking which method should be selected.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bargaintown --- I believe that portion is only if you are adding it to your own site.

Once you register at google and get your merchant ID and Key
then you come to ecrater and log in and go to payment options and add the info you will be set.

DO NOT FORGET that you need to check your google account daily for orders. You will NOT receive a copy from ecrater.com like you do on PP payments.
For that reason - I stopped the google buys as an option - I never think to go there and check for orders!
bargaintown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank for the reply. The XML option is selected by default, so I just left as is.
Re:
Quote:
DO NOT FORGET that you need to check your google account daily for orders. You will NOT receive a copy from ecrater.com like you do on PP payments.

In the Google checkout settings (Integration page), there's an option to receive email notifications, from Google checkout whenever there's an order, cancellation or other transaction. I guess I'll try that feature and see if it works.

Regards, Bill
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fancyflappers, is this a reply to my question about whether to choose XML or name/value pairs as the callback method?

Sorry for the4 vague answer. I didn't remember thhe options that you are referring to and figured your answer would be the merchant ID & key that BTM is referring to.

I love Google, and have taken PP off my site for the holidays, since Google isn't charging fees. I get e-mail notifications. Very Happy I'm also invoicing through Google for auction items.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never ever go to the email that google has.
I only go to my business email accounts. There fore it just don't work for me.
I have enough business emails accoutns to check I don't want to check that google account too.

If ecrater.com would send me an email then I would be fine with it.
BUT they don't when the buyer uses google. Makes no sense to me since it's still an ecrater.com order.
My system is just not setup for they way google is set up.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have enough business emails accoutns to check I don't want to check that google account too.

I don't have a special e-mail account for Google. It comes right to my Hotmail account, like most everything else. I think you may be missing a setting or something? Very Happy
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No to avoid having my name appear on every google base uploaded item I had to get a google email and it uses that for everything now.

And unlike PayPal from what I can see you can only have one email go into one google account.
I use a different email for every store and business I have.
Each pays into the same PP account using a different email addy. I can't do that with google.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Need more of the nitty gritty about Google checkout Reply with quote

I have gbuy installed and it shows as an option on my listings. Now I need to know if I can do certain things with it that I can with Paypal.

1. When people buy several items and want a combined invoice I send them one via paypal whether they pay with paypal or not. Can I send Google invoices?

2. When people buy more than one item and pay for the total via paypal, I send them a paypal refund for the excess shipping they have paid. Can I do that with Google?

3. Some items have insurance built in to the shipping and with others it's optional. Buyers don't have the option to add it with paypal because I can't enter an optional insurance amount in my listings. Will Google offer more flexibility? (Why can't we have an insurance option on our listing pages? I used to sell on Ruby Lane and buyers could opt for it on Paypal checkout.)

4. If I understand it correctly, Google sends each payment to my bank account. What if I need to do a refund? Will they debit my bank account?

5. Is there a way to put Google checkout above Paypal on the listings?

6. I want to put that I accept Google checkout on my homepage blurb. Do I use gbuy or Google Checkout?

I know this is a lot of questions but I really want to make this site work for me. Thanks
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have read within google checkout - and of course my interruptation of it

Quote:
Can I send Google invoices?

Yes there is a place within google checkout to send an invoice. HOWEVER, there is also a place where you confirm that order and you can make adjustments there for out of stock items or incorrect shipping.
So you wouldn't send an invoice to someone that did indicated they were paying via google checkout. You would correct the order before confirming it.

Quote:
2. When people buy more than one item and pay for the total via paypal, I send them a paypal refund for the excess shipping they have paid. Can I do that with Google?

You would correct it at the time you receive the order in google checkout. BUT if you have it set to automatically confirm the order then you will have to refund. Google does NOT refund the fees charged like PayPal does. BUT with google being free that won't matter til they state charging.

Quote:
3. Some items have insurance built in to the shipping and with others it's optional. Buyers don't have the option to add it with paypal because I can't enter an optional insurance amount in my listings. Will Google offer more flexibility? (Why can't we have an insurance option on our listing pages? I used to sell on Ruby Lane and buyers could opt for it on Paypal checkout.)

Most states have laws that govern mail orders - which selling online falls into. The law states it is the sellers responsible to get the product to the buyer in reasonible condition. So if an item gets broken in transit - it really don't matter if the buy paid for insurance or not - the seller is responsible. Why not get a policy or do it item by item with your own insurance policy. Package insurance is about 40 per $100. You might ask you insurance agent sometimes you can add that on to your business insurance for like $10 more a year. Otherwise check out www.U-pic.com or www.dsi.com

Quote:
4. If I understand it correctly, Google sends each payment to my bank account. What if I need to do a refund? Will they debit my bank account?

The way I understand it that would be charged to your cc on file.

Quote:
5. Is there a way to put Google checkout above Paypal on the listings?

NO

Quote:
6. I want to put that I accept Google checkout on my homepage blurb. Do I use gbuy or Google Checkout?

That's a personal choice. I have seen people calling it many different things. why not use both?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Big and Tall. Now all I need is a buyer to try it out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BigTallMensClothing"]

Quote:

When I was filling out the forms, I filled in to be notified of sales, returns, and refunds, etc. at my email address. Nothing indicated that I would have to check anything but my email.

By the way paypal is not notifying sellers of payments made right now or at least they aren't notifying me. Just went to pay for a purchase and found two payments made two days earlier.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiet - when an order is placed on ecrater.com and they select PP as the payment ecrater.com sends you a copy of the order. If the buyer selects google as payment type you will NOT get that copy of the order from ecrater.com

YES, PP is broken again. I check my PP everyday before doing the shipping - always have. I never trust those emails - too many scammers have learned to make great copies of them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Just had my first google checkout purchase Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:

For that reason - I stopped the google buys as an option - I never think to go there and check for orders!

I'm wondering what you mean by this. I had a google email when I turned on my computer today notifying me of a purchase and when I went to ecrater the details were there in my order list. All I had to do was click charge. It now shows as paid in my ecrater orders. Am I missing a step?
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm wondering what you mean by this. I had a google email when I turned on my computer today notifying me of a purchase and when I went to ecrater the details were there in my order list. All I had to do was click charge. It now shows as paid in my ecrater orders. Am I missing a step?

Did you receive an email FROM ECRATER.com??
No you didn't, did you. THAT is what I am referring to.
I have been here long before the orders list was ever in ecrater.com/admin
My system is not set up to go there. It's sent up to work off emails sent to me.
I get an order from ecrater.com when I get a PP order. AND I get an email from PP telling me payment received.
With google it's not like that. You get an email from google - sent to your google email addy - not the same as my store addy - to confirm that you can and will fill the order.
That is NOT the same thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: