eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Lots of hits, no sales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
somethingforeveryone2008

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Lots of hits, no sales Reply with quote

I have been promoting my store a lot more this month and I have a lot more hits than last month, but still no sales. Mad Is there something wrong with my store that I don't see, or am I just not giving it enough time? I see a lot of people are have great success which it GREAT!! I would like to join in the success. Any feedback would be much appreciated!! Laughing Thanks!
Jenni
http://somethingforeveryone2008.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had any sales this month through ecrater either and usually do a lot. Maybe it's just the economy. I had one sale but never got paid so I guess that's considered a non-sale. I have patience though as it will get better and no FEES here.

Joyce
thepatternpalace

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This store hasn't gotten any sales yet...lots of hits though.

The www.ldbmediastorage.ecrater had sales that were growing every month except May they seemed to have slacked off quick a bit.
DazzlingDesignsbyDina

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am experiencing the same thing. I get more hits everyday but no sales. Sad Not sure what I can do to change that.
www.DazzlingDesignsbyDina.ecrater.com
asaneagifts

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there guys! Very Happy

At least there are hits means people are looking, which means we're getting noticed. Takes time for buyers to feel confident buying from smaller retail stores as opposed to Macy's or something! Very Happy But I'm sure with the strong Ecrater community and dedicated sellers here, we will be able to grow together!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason this month is just plain slow. Not just on ecrater. I've been getting whines from friends who sell on other sites and it is as dead or worse other places. I think $4 a gallon gas and rationed rice is taking a toll.
bailanbooks

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's like window shopping I think. My store, too, has a lot more hits than previous months but no sales yet.
In Thailand the price of instant noodles (one of the cheapest food we could buy) and bus fares are seen as indicators for inflation. The instant noodles price is raised the second time since January this year ! and the bus fares are waiting to get a raise, too.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hung up from speaking to someone in Los Angeles. Gas is $4.35 a gallon there today. Depends on what you sell online, but non-essentials like I sell will not be at the top of any shopping list.
barkrock

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sales here, on website, and that-place-we-don't-want-to-mention have all been way down, next to zilch.

I have to agree...it's the economy. Gas and food prices have got everyone scared!
zickit

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an earring store that up until April averaged 10 pairs a day. April and May average about 4.5 pairs a day.

Today, from my ecrater earring store I have two orders - one for 10 pairs and one for 8 pairs.That certainly is helping with the average sales.
somewhereinmymemories

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to deliberately bring up the "E" word, but just a point - It's slow everywhere. If you go to the Ebay boards, sellers are crying no sales there too, only it's worse there because there are listing fees that must be paid whether it sells or not! I was appalled when I did some really reasonable buy it nows on 'Ebay and didn't even get hits. The same items listed here had double the hits when I had them on!

I'm going to continue to build up my store no matter what because I'm getting pretty consistent sales (2 to 5 a week between here and 'jay) but not for the "big" stuff. But that's okay - I got plenty o' junk to move! Very Happy

It's a different economy now than it was even a couple of years ago. Heard on the radio that they are predicting gas to be $5 a gallon by the end of summer. Some farmers interviewed are going back to mules and horses to plow since they cannot afford the fuel.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I sent an invoice from PayPal and the buyer paid through that. So at least can say I got one sale on Ecrater this month.

Joyce
somethingforeveryone2008

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your feedback! Since this is my first store, I wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was doing wrong or that I missed something. Hopfully a new President will bring new changes and a better economy!! Good luck to everyone and have a great holiday!!
[url=http://somethingforeveryone2008.ecrater.com]
rhpepsi

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy you want sales....????

invest in SYPHON HOSES and LOCKING GAS CAPS!!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: