eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Paypal shipping has been down since May 19th for creating la
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andreasSecondChanceRomance

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Paypal shipping has been down since May 19th for creating la Reply with quote

I have been unable to create a shipping label using paypal multi-order shipping tool since May 19th. I get an error that paypal shipping is not currently available. I have called customer support 3 times and emailed them twice, and they keep telling me that this is a known problem that they're working on. (NO response to emails Sad ) HOWEVER, I can't find anyone else in the world that is having this problem. Surely if this were a problem with everyone, it would have created a bigger stink somewhere in forums... I have encountered this problem off and on with an address here & there, but this is ALL addresses for the past 10 days. I am SOOOO frustrated! Is anyone else having this problem? (just FYI, I have cleared cache, cleared cookies, rebooted, tried different browsers, tried changing up the fields & shipping methods, etc. I have used this for YEARS and suddenly, it's dropped dead on me.)If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
pipes

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use the multi-order, but they have been having problems for sometime:

paypalblog.com
YardSaleBargains

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used their "single" label printing yesterday with no problem. I've never used the multi-order printing option so I can't help you there. In the mean time.....have you tried the single printing option? Does that work for you? I hope so......I love to be able to print my labels online and just drop them off at the Post Office. Smile Good luck!
Gems4all

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, I used multi order this morning and it worked fine for me.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither the multi or the single label printing works for me. I can print labels using the shipping assistant from USPS, but if it's over 13 ounces and I have to put stamps on it, then I have to drive to the PO & drop it off - can't leave it for my carrier. I sell mostly books, so no priority or express mailing for me . PayPal's customer support is the worst! Crying or Very sad
Creekers-This-And-That

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I print appx. 15-20 labels per day using Multi-order shipping. While I do have problems with it at times, I have never had an issue like you describe. If I were you, I would visit a friend or relatives house and try to sign on and set up a Multi-order shipment from there to verify that it is not your computer.
Creekers-This-And-That

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention, Most of my packages are under 13 ounces, but when I get one over, I just use Parcel Post. An employee at the Post Office told me there is not any difference in the delivery time, the only difference is the weight. How true that is, I'm not sure, but I have never had a complaint about shipping time...
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creekers-This-And-That wrote:
Most of my packages are under 13 ounces, but when I get one over, I just use Parcel Post. An employee at the Post Office told me there is not any difference in the delivery time, the only difference is the weight. How true that is, I'm not sure, but I have never had a complaint about shipping time...

I think that may depend on how far it's going. For example, shipping Priority to the next city over probably wouldn't get it there any faster than First Class or Parcel Post.
asaneagifts

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andreasSecondChanceRomance wrote:
Neither the multi or the single label printing works for me. I can print labels using the shipping assistant from USPS, but if it's over 13 ounces and I have to put stamps on it, then I have to drive to the PO & drop it off - can't leave it for my carrier. I sell mostly books, so no priority or express mailing for me . PayPal's customer support is the worst! Crying or Very sad

It's odd that both the single and multi-order shipping tool doesn't work. Paypal's Customer Service is usually of little if any assistance. Have you tried to pay and print many times? Sometimes if you try it enough times, oddly enough it will eventually go through. It's time consuming to keep trying, but if that is your only resort at this time, you can give it a try.

*DELETE* Sorry I thought you could print media mail using USPS.com but unfortunately you cannot. Sad

Hope everything gets fixed for you soon!

http://asaneagifts.ecrater.com
http://www.squidoo.com/asaneagifts

Last edited by asaneagifts on Fri May 30, 2008 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asaneagifts: You write "But you can print a label for media mail (books, CDs) and should be able to leave it with your carrier since it has a postage paid label (no stamps required)."

Please let me know how you do this. The click n ship option only lets me pay for express or priority mail. I thought I knew the USPS website in and out, and would love to be able to do this via USPS!
asaneagifts

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andreasSecondChanceRomance wrote:

Please let me know how you do this. The click n ship option only lets me pay for express or priority mail. I thought I knew the USPS website in and out, and would love to be able to do this via USPS!

OOPS, Sorry, you're right you cannot print media mail via USPS.com. I've had to look it up before but have never had to use it. Apologies for the confusion! Very Happy

Ps. I tried to respond to your PM but your username is too long so it won't allow me to do so. It says user does not exist since your username is truncated automatically.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please remember that there are alternatives to Paypal and USPS for shipping labels. I have used endicia.com for years and it is fabulous with live customer support if needed. You can ship via any mailing category. And all items with an endicia label can be left for your mail carrier, although to be nice, I wouldn't leave 10-15# worth of stuff if you have a mailman that walks his/her route!

The lack of media mail is what made me leave the Palpay/ebay/usps label site when I first checked into it as at that point I sold just about exclusively books. Having a good postal program is worth it's weight in gold for the time savings alone of not having to stand in line at the PO.

Gail
asaneagifts

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of that program before too. Thanks for the recommendation. Could help resolve Andrea's problem immediately.
somewhereinmymemories

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've shipping many Media Mail items using Paypal's Multi Order ship and it was never a problem. I use the Multi-order shipping so that I can print a scan form. I take it right to the post office, and they scan it and it gives me proof of mailing of every box that I printed labels for.

I have had a LOT of problems with Paypal's shipping when I had dial up. Since we went high speed, those problems have disappeared. Paypal has always answered me pretty promptly when I've had a problem and reported it. Once I had labels double print and it refused to give me a refund on them! It said "This label is not eligible for a refund". Shocked I contacted Paypal and they straigtened it out pretty quick.

You might try printing the label directly from the order details page, or go into Multi Order and try it from there (I'm not sure which you are using, but maybe the other would work.)

I looked into the other label printing programs but I was turned off by the cost. My buyers already pay enough for postage and I would hate to pass an extra cost onto them especially with the postal hike.
thepatternpalace

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - I went to endicia.com to check that out - would love another option! I clicked on the help me pick and answered some questions - they referred me to the program that is $35.00 a month. I see the standard plan is $9.95 a month....that would be acceptable maybe but I'm wondering what options I thought I needed that I wouldn't have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: