eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Help! Confused with Google Attributes and Values!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonkersbeautybuys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Guys!
I am Totally Stunned! Shocked
All they have done is remove the necessity for all the crazy punctuation. AND now they will tell us if our attribute is not recognized, Before we waste time reusing the ones that are no good.
I've said it before. I'm an idiot with all technology. This is even easy for me! I was practically jumping up and down, I was so excited. The new system Rocks! It's Basic, Straight-Forward, and it tells you if you make a mistake. I made adjustments & additions to all of my items in 20 minutes. And most of mine were Wrong before.
If a MORON like me can do that, anybody can.
Maybe you guys are so use to working so hard that You are thinking to hard. No insult intended! If all your Attributes were entered correctly before,(even in 17 stores). You don't have to do a thing.
Don't worry! Be Happy! Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
kjscreations

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this may only be a rumor so PLEASE don't quote this as gospel!
I have a Feeling from all this attribute stuff & a few things I've read out there.....
Google may change the "search rules" (I know... what's new)
Anyway... I think, google web searches will soon be "info" searches & product & shopping searches will come up with products that contain attributes. So if you are not prepared with attributes.... you may end up on page 50 or not at all.
I have noticed on google websearch that my items that have attributes come up on top .... when I change my search to an item without... I can never find it as of page 3 or 4...

So just having it in the title & description is all good but for Google...
Attributes are even better!

I am swamped with ceiling fan orders right now Razz
tootalltom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjscreations wrote:
So if you are not prepared with attributes.... you may end up on page 50 or not at all Razz

Good to know. Probably the kick in the a$$ I needed to take this attribute stuff more seriously.
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Postage stamps Reply with quote

One of my stores is totally devoted to postage stamps.

I look at the attibutes.

Would I use

Country made in, as the country issued,

Year, as the year of issue

and type and condition as FDC (First Day Cover) and Mint Unused.

I sure coin and baseball card sellers will have the same questions, as they have very specific grading systemsfor their items.
booksnthings

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very glad they have added this feature. But, it's going to take me a loooong time to update my items. I have books and cds, so I will have to copy the isbn from my listing, update, go back to the listing and copy author, update, and so on. Hopefully I will get lots of sales to make all this worth it! Smile
movinon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead - THANK YOU for making the explanation on this so easy to understand. I followed your steps and realized this is something I CAN do!!!

Like others have said, I hope it now brings me more sales. It's been rather slow and I haven't known what else to do.
funoutsidethebox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to the poster who supplied this information! I am still very much a newbie (though I'm just now billing for my first sale here), and now that my store is stocked, I'm taking the time to read about promotion and stumbled on this. Naturally, I had not a single attribute, and I was scared to death, but this was all very easy, if a bit boring and redundant to have to go in and add all this.

sojo
MarionGundersonArt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: What if I don't have the following: upc/ean/jan, brand, mpn? Reply with quote

For all of my products eCrater says: "Missing required attributes for this product. Please include: at least two of the following: upc/ean/jan, brand, mpn"

What I am selling are gicle prints of watercolors. The artwork is my mom's, and I'm just selling the prints with the profits going to the local library.

So, I don't have any of the following but eCrater two of the following are required: upc/ean/jan, brand, mpn

How do I get around this? Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Louise
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you sign into your store, the News tab has an explanation of what google is requiring. There is also a link called 'file an exemption'. Since your items are handmade, the attribute rules you are concerned with don't apply. But you do need to apply for an exemption.
MarionGundersonArt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: If I don't use attributes, will my items be found? Reply with quote

Thank you so very much for your easy-to-understand explanation. I will file for an exemption.

Since I will not be entering any attributes (since my items are prints that I have a printer make and so attributes are not applicable), does that mean my items will not be found when someone does a search?

For example, if I don't use the attributes but if I have a print titled "Ear of Iowa Corn," and in my eCrater description I say that it is a gicle print of a watercolor of corn, if someone did a Google (or other engine) search on the three terms "print" "corn" "watercolor" (without quotation marks), would they find it? Or would they only find it if they opened up eCrater and did a search of the eCrater site using those terms?

I'm sorry to be so ignorant about this. Thank you, again, in advance for any help.

Louise
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, they will find it - at least today (google is always changing something). when I searched corn, print, watercolor - your item was top of the 2nd page. you can always check out how your items are pulling up by going to your google account and checking your analytics. Also watch your hits on your products in your ecrater admin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: