eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

NON Paying Bidder
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samanthascorner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: NON Paying Bidder Reply with quote

Has anyone had a problem with non paying bidders? If so how are they being handled? Buyers claim they will pay with PayPal but after invoice are never heard from again.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
EtchingsandCollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We give people 10 days to pay and send 3 invoices.. during that time frame. The last invoice reads if not paid in 48hours the item will be listed for sale again to the public.
After 10 days an e-mail saying the item is back up for sale if they should purchase the item, please go through check out again.
If you have not reponse by then, they are not paying.
So far we have had 1 buyer who didn't pay here.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First - buyers on ecrater.com are not BIDDERS.

Just remember it's not sold until paid for.

When I get an order that is marked PayPal and there is no payment - I go to PayPal and I send them an invoice. 3 days later I send a reminder, 3 more days another reminder. After that I just forget about it.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, be sure to actually check your PayPal account. I like to rely on the e-mail notifications but they don't always come...
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
Also, be sure to actually check your PayPal account. I like to rely on the e-mail notifications but they don't always come...

I never rely on the emails - why because over the years I have had several PayPal payment LOOK A LIKES emails --- yep fake ones!
I ALWAYS go by the money on my account.
peaksislandsilverco

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here big and tall...Fake paypal has been sent to me before. Always check your paypal before you check anything. Not much you can do about non paying buyers, I dont see the satisfaction of not paying, whats the point.
ledwarning

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: NON-PAYERS Reply with quote

Has anyone talked with ECRATER administrators to see if the checkout system can me modified to require payment if we have selected PAYAPL or GOOGLE checkout. Kinda like how EBAY does it, you can require immediate payment to complete the purchase - BEFORE it is emailed to your store. Obviously this would NOT apply to the other payment catagories since instant payment would be impossible.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: NON-PAYERS Reply with quote

ledwarning wrote:
Has anyone talked with ECRATER administrators to see if the checkout system can me modified to require payment if we have selected PAYAPL or GOOGLE checkout. Kinda like how EBAY does it, you can require immediate payment to complete the purchase - BEFORE it is emailed to your store. Obviously this would NOT apply to the other payment catagories since instant payment would be impossible.

Personally, I don't want INSTANT PAYMENT. Many of my customers like to order and pay LATER with PayPal and that's fine with me. If it was REQUIRED I might lose those sales.
If a buyer wants to pay instantly they can with no problem but I prefer it not be mandatory.
noblehousetrading

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i sold something, and they didn't pay. I sent a paypal invoice, and they cancelled it. So, apparently they purchased,with no intention of paying.Which i don't see the point of!Anne
perfumelady

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL I KNOW IS when I sell something I expect payment, period, just as if someone walked into a physical store to make a purchase. No money no product.
KidCovers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: What's a seller to do? Reply with quote

Hear hear, perfume. If they're gonna buy, they'd better pay. I received an order on 11/20/06. E-mailed them, and sent them an invoice through PayPal. Nada, nyet, nothing, zip, zilch, bupkis. I HATE THAT. Mad
zeldasemporium

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to block future sales from a previous scammer?

Last week I had a sale that was bogus, and I'd like to be able to avoid future sales to this person/bogus identity. Rolling Eyes

I've often wondered why these Nigerian type scammers don't find someone who writes really well in English to develop their e-mails, etc.? Or are most of these scams just mom-and-pop operations?

Donna
Zelda's Emporium
rainbowsandsmiles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had 4 sales in the last few days and only 1 has paid thus far. All of them indicated PayPal, I sent invoices and nothing. First time that has happened. They usually pay right away.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeldasemporium wrote:
Is there a way to block future sales from a previous scammer?

Nope. Besides which, if it happens again it'll probably be somebody different.
babyfrankieshop

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've received 2 emails from scammers last week. one was asking for my paypal account info, i told him to order it through either one of my websites and then he never emailed back or paid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: