eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Greetings Fellow Sellers! Ready to introduce myself-JUST ASK
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Quote:
With so many cookbooks, would you be better SEO wise to have one store just for cookbooks and kitchen wares and put other items in another store or more.

I don't agree. Since all the items in the store are related I think it will be fine.

Hmm...I know you have stated that you don't cook, BT, but when was the last time you sauteed in a Springbok puzzle or watched anyone else do it. I'm sure Justask knows this as she has so many, but cookbook collectors are a breed unto themselves. Going into a cookbook store is like ascending into heaven. And we don't want to run into a Joan Collins paperback as we browse.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
AlmostAntique

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best wishes and god's blessing on your store. You have some awesome items. I may be stopping by to purchase soon.
cuppatea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, nice cookbooks - I get hungry just looking!

A little oops? No shipping posted on Rare 1st Pillsbury's Bake Off Grand National Baking Contest 1949 1950 Cookbook, might want to check.

Wishing you sales early and often!
Heather Ellen
chardicraft

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater Very Happy
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I don't think I have a thousand things altogether that are related to cooking...other than take out menus! Very Happy
Maggie is absolutely correct. Kitchen in one store, t-shirts in another. B&T even puts socks in their own store, so I'm surprised at that comment.
Best of luck with your store!
justask

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Thanks for saying hello and the suggestions! Reply with quote

Well I won't go too crazy adding all my T-Shirts until I have a few more cookbooks posted. (A couple of hundred.) This whole process has been an adventure! Thanks for dropping by and saying hello and the suggestion.

(I don't even HAVE a take-out menu!) Thanks for the Razz
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SORRY - I didn't notice the t-shirts - guess my eyes were closed

SO I changed my statement
Rare Cool T-Shirts
Non-Fiction Books
>> Craft
>> Gardening
Quilt Books
and all the other NON-KITCHEN items WILL hurt you in the long run when it comes to SEO.

Your meta tags and meta keywords just can't focus on everything you currently have in there. That's what will KILL you in terms of placement within the search engines.
BUT there are many "department" type stores that can pull it off.

You have the volume - so you have what it takes to support several stores - a t-shirt, a book store, a collectible store (including your holiday items) and of course your Kitchen store.

Quote:
B&T even puts socks in their own store

AH but that's because a major deal never pained out. Was suppose to get a contact with a sock supplier for some great socks and the store would have supported itself. Just haven't closed that one and moved them into my mens store yet. It's on the list of things to get done.
justask

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: A New Store it is! Reply with quote

Okay...okay... Better I start a new store now and only transfer a bushel full of T-Shirts than the whole collection--AND I just realized that I have cool Hawaiian Shirts too, so a new store it is!

PLEASE! Tell me to stop collecting!

Thanks to all! Any more ideas and suggestions are, as always, welcome!
Anne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: