eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Ummm...weird sale and do I have to delete items?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can take this one --

http://bigtallmensclothing.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=48542

Just put your mouse on the image, right click and select save as and then it's yours!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Cascade-Coin-and-Collecti

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Great suggestions for items that are Pending or Sold.

QUESTION: Once a week I take some of my eCrater listings and list them at eBay Auction. Do you know if it is OK to have a default image for these items that states something like "Current eBay Auction Item" or similar wording?

Thanks.

Doug

[/img]
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug - everything in my ebay store or auctions is also in my ecrater.com stores.

I do not mark them on ecrater.com in any way UNTIL - they sell or get a bid - then I mark it sold on ecrater.com. But until it's sold there it's available here. I figure if I sell it here, I just go over and change the item there to be a different item - or if I dont' have time to do that I just end the listing.

I certainly don't want to send a customer from here to there and have to pay fees to sell it!
Cascade-Coin-and-Collecti

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTMC,

I agree, I certainly don't want to give eBay any more $ than I have to. I use my auctions as a loss leader, starting at .99, and as advertising to get them to eCrater. I just thought if someone visiting my eCrater Store saw that an item was currently at auction, they might go there and drive up the bidding trying to find a bargain. Just another idea to break up page after page of images.

Doug

babyfrankieshop

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ummm...weird sale and do I have to delete items? Reply with quote

desertvintage wrote:
Ummm... well I just woke up to my second sale! Yea! Bad news is there is an email but just nonsense for shipping address. Sad Says they will pay through Paypal and haven't yet. I invoiced them through Paypal (Paypal says they don't have an account yet). Is this a bogus sale???? I also accept other forms of payment and emailed the customer. Hmmmm????

My other question is: Do I need to delete items once they have been purchased so they don't get purchased a second time??? I notice that items aren't noted as "SOLD" even when someone already paid through Paypal for it, they still remain on my product list.???? Please help--confused.

DESERTVINTAGE, so was this a bogus buyer? somebody is trying to buy a product from me and i just want to be cautious. thanks.
zeldasemporium

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

desertvintage -------

Was the shipping address something like this??? (I put in the xxx's in case of the off chance that the sale I got today is legitimate.) Rolling Eyes

j_____ h_____
rotexetc
4658 york road, on cold spring lane
maryland, Washington, DC, 20880
United States

Donna
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna, bogus orders will come in -- sometimes with real-looking info, sometimes with obviously fake info.

If you don't receive payment right away it's probably best to invoice (assuming the e-mail address is good) and wait a pre-determined amount of time. If payment doesn't arrive by that time, consider it canceled.

I've gotten a few here and I get them at my own site as well. I don't really know why people do it. If they're just testing the cart you'd think they'd have the decency to say so in the comments field.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: