eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Suspected Scammer/Bogus Sale?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thevboutique

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Suspected Scammer/Bogus Sale? Reply with quote

Hi, I received a large multiple order 7 days ago which I suspected as bogus from the beginning. Today I received a personal check from the supposed buyer-address on check doesn't match the address given to ecrater for shipping. Buyer had noted they would pay by money order-I don't accept personal checks. Tried emailing them-told no email account existed under the name given. Tried calling the number given on the order, and this was also bogus( recording stated no incoming calls accepted). So I very much doubt this is legitimate and have no intentions on going through with this order. Should I keep this check as evidence of fraud or mail it back to the address it was mailed from. Should I report it to the local post office as fraud? Any suggestions on how to handle this from more experienced sellers? Sad
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Buytime

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We recently received a check that was very suspicious in nature.
What I did was scan a picture of the check (pdf), and contacted the Bank the check was issued from.
They wanted the picture so i emailed it and they verified it was fake.
If also gave them the rest of the info i had and they took it from there.

Hope that helps.

Kenny
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too say contact the bank it's drawn on.
I too agree that it's all a scam.
I too would not mail anything out or deposit it as that will only cost you money when it bounces.

Contacting the bank is the easiest and fastest thing to do. If in fake it's a stolen check or a totally fake account etc - the bank will then be able to get the ball rolling, if they haven't already known about it.

ALSO, use the contact us form at www.ecrater.com and make the ecrater.com team aware of this scammer. give all the details. It might be best to contact the bank first so you know 100% for sure.

When you contact the bank ask for the fraud department to avoid having to tell the story over and over to 100 peopel before getting to the right department.
thevboutique

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Thanks for your help with ? Scammer Reply with quote

Thanks for your help. I will follow up on your suggestions. HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Smile
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: