eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Make sure you get paid BEFORE you "ship"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theebookcellar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Make sure you get paid BEFORE you "ship" Reply with quote

Coming from eBay as an ebook seller...on eBay I required immediate payment through Paypal and the ebooks were automatically delivered. So....not thinking when I sold a "nice" man from Canada an ebook on golf, I immediately sent him the ebook along with two bonuses. Well he hadn't paid yet, and still hasn't paid. I guess I took away his incentive to pay me. Embarassed
Anyway...I sent him a very nice email today telling him this, and simply asked for his opinion of the ebook since I was not a golfer, and I try very hard to make sure the ebooks I sell are of value to my customers. Hope he answers so the "sale" will not be a total loss.
So busy setting up the store I guess overlooked the little things like payments. Rolling Eyes

I will say in my own defense that I had one other sale and she paid through Paypal immediately, and I sent the ebook. My mistake was that I did not look at orders to see if paid was checked. I only read the email from ecrater about the purchase, and sent the ebook. In that case, (not paid yet) I suppose I would have to contact the buyer to see how they intended to pay....Paypal, or money order etc. BEFORE sending.

PS. Forgot to say I think this is a great place for a store. I realize some are still setting up, and of course I hope sales improve. But overall I've been looking at stores and think they are great...and I can't complain about the fees Smile

An Update...The gentleman in Canada wrote to say he did pay, (and also gave me a nice review of the ebook) however his receipt (he sent me the info) shows that he paid someone in the UK. Totally different name. All I can think of is that he purchased the book from two sellers (me being one of them) and only paid the other seller. Crying or Very sad I don't think it was intentional, just one of those things. Told him I didn't want him to pay twice for the same ebook, and that I appreciated his feedback. Next time I'll check the Paid column. Wink
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to make "immediate payment" required through the PayPal account? I really don't know but that may be the way to go if it's possible..
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theebookcellar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: I'll have to check on immediate payment... Reply with quote

Immediate payment does make things easier. Great comics by the way. Wink This is interesting...Canada wrote back to say he only bought the golf ebook once from somone on eBay Question And he did pay someone from eBay for the eBook, he sent me the paypal email...so he bought it twice and paid once. Just payed the other seller. How does he think I got his name and email Question It's kinda funny actually. Donna
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, maybe they went through checkout for some reason and decided not to buy it (this sometimes happens) but forgot about it? Or thought they'd done it somewhere else?

Or maybe they're just playing dumb so they don't have to cough up the dough. Who knows!

(Thanks for checking out my shop!)
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theebookcellar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Last post about this... Reply with quote

The unpaid eBook...Remember he told me he only received it once? So I asked him about the bonuses...and he said... "OK... I remember now." He did get them. He "bought" it from me, and then decided to check out eBay. Said he thought because he didn't pay...he didn't buy it, which is technically true. But being that he only received it once and it included my bonuses, I'd say he paid someone else for eBooks that I sent him for "free." Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: