Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
acread

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Quote:
BTW I also saw a photo of a half covered nipple. Would that create any issues

As long as that item is in Sex Stuff it's not an issue

I think it was a nipple ring. Since the store is suspended don't know exactly where it is located. I saw the pic on the featured item on homepage.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thesecrethill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody

I trust everybody enjoyed this wonderful and rather hot weekend .. batteries completely recharged.

In meanwhile, i contacted the owners of this place with a not-so-nice email (i admit, i was rude, but so is suspending somebody with NO warning AT ALL .. even Ebay has the balls to warn you .. and please, the thing off "they have to much work" .. doesn't fly .. if they can take the time to suspend somebody, they can send a short email as well) .. and i am waiting for a reply.

I'm not going to bother to send another one ...

Thank you all for your input in this whole thing, i know that it isnt going to help a lot, but it is nice to see that people still take the effort in an attempt to help others out.

I would still like to add following comments to some very strong points that have been made here

1) Yes, we are (part of the company that is) manufacturer of leather goods and small leather articles .. we even have 2 stores located at tourist spots in Cape Town (you know, the one in South Africa), but we did not advertise Crocodile or Elephant leather items .. the only things advertised here were KUDU leather wallets, KUDU is NOT a "restricted" animal since it is a standard, high quality South African cow. (if you dont know what i mean with Quality .. wait until you get that leather in your hands). So this should not be the reason

2) The nipple .. was in the correct section (sexy stuff) and believe it or not, that is the actual nipple of my wife .. so this is our own picture .. (and im still puzzled on HOW they verify what REAL and COPIED pictures are ... anyway)

3) I'm selling AIRSOFT, not weapons and indeed, it is filled with them here. It was also specified MULTIPLE times in the add that i was selling TOYS, not weapons .. and TOYS that could NOT be modified to be used with real ammunition. It was also marked in the add that airsoft is an ADULT game that should be played BY adults and that the stupid use of airsoft utensils could lead to issues with law enforcement. Like airsoft or not, i did my share of warning and alerting people.

So this leaves me once again on my initial point ... my location.

Allow me to demonstrate with a real-life example, the very first reaction i received here on this site, via email, not even 4 hours after my first products were put online.
I quote - straight from the email of this potential AMERICAN customer

"All you African scumbags are nothing but scammers. We all know the tricks you Nigerian monkeys play. I am in business myself and i cannot buy products that cheap. And why are all you bushmen so afraid of Paypal ? Scared that people might realize they are dealing with scammers. Piss Off"

Very educating, don't you think ? Unfortunately also very basic and the ultimate proof of the ignorance of some people.

It is sufficient that this guy contacted Ecrater to report a scam and they will react without verification.

- South Africa -> Africa -> Nigeria and this IS how most people react .. face it and lets not be hypocrite on this.
- The man obviously did NOT read that most of my stuff is second hand (thus the lower price), purchased at local auctions and liquidations (please go and visit www.aucor.co.za and you will see the high amount of auctions there are EVERY WEEK .. we have people attending those things on DAILY bases to purchase products) and his own incapability to READ an auction simply confirms his own hyped-up suspicion of us being Nigerian scammers.
- Paypal ... as stated before, does NOT work here and even WITH the thousands of complaints they have against them for fraud and theft, they are STILL considered to be THE reference of trust. This is how stupid some people are. If you do as much as MENTION a different payment processor, you are considered to be a scammer.
Should people be doubting my words, please read this as a reference
http://imod.co.za/2008/02/13/i-called-paypalcom-today-from-south-africa-and-asked-wasssup/

So in the end ... and to put it very short and rude ...
Some moron reported me as a scammer because his puny little brain wasn't programmed for functioning outside of Ebay and Ecrater simply didn't bother to check up.

This is life unfortunately, on TV and in the media, people are all "this is 2008, open economy, open for everybody, blah blah blah" but in real life, they don't even trust their own neighbour.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mention crocodile products on your "About Us" page, one of the parts of the store we can still see.

I hate to tell you this but an admittedly rude e-mail to eCrater might result in no reply at all. Maybe it's the "Africans are bad" thing but maybe it's not.

Anyway, the disclaimer about not being Nigerian on your About page is pretty easy to miss. It might be a good idea (since it's a concern) to put it up top. Also, I think I'd include a South African address (or at least a clear reference) on the Contact page too.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you painting the whole world with the paintbrush of one bigoted emailer who probably spends his day searching the internet for people he can harass? I assure you the owner of ecrater would not suspend you on the basis of a non-buyer's vicious email. He doesn't even suspend stores immediately when there are legitimate complaints against them.

I think it is much more likely you were suspended for all wrong universal categories or something clearly laid out in the terms and conditions.

I would advise you not to send rude emails to ecrater admin. People who have harassed him have been banned from the site.

What it all boils down to is that you are getting a free place to sell that is managed by a very tiny staff. Phones aren't manned 24/7 nor are there a bank of computers with a staff devoted to customer service. You send a request and wait your response. They come pretty fast considering the size of ecrater now and the small staff. If this is not a situation you can live with I think you are in the wrong place.
thesecrethill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your remark, but let me play the ball back

How would YOU react if time after time you are being kicked off a site simply because you are from "Africa" ?

I think you would get agitated rather fast as well, wouldn't you agree with me on that one ?

And indeed, in the end, you DO tend to look at everybody from the same perspective .. simply due to the fact that i haven't been proven wrong YET.

I arrived here on this site via a page on the powersellersunite website .. they have some kind of stats running there with the biggest auction-trade sites in the world.

I tried to register with ALL of those sites .. and out of that complete list, i end up with only 3 that still allow me. (i haven't made a sale yet !!) Besides Ebay, i will not use names since i don't want to create troubles where not needed and i do not want to bring shame to the sites that actually allow me to be there.

- Ebay charged my creditcard for $500 (a little bit more to be precise, but lets keep it simple) simply to block my account after 6 days .. so i payed listing fees for nothing at all
- Tried another one on that unite-website : charged my creditcard with $10, i could register as South African but AFTER they charged my creditcard, you simply get a message that they DONT accept sellers from the African continent anymore .. (does it come any more clearer that this ?) so $10 down the drain
- Another website that offered free service kicked me off after i received 3 inquiries .. reaction to my email (and this one WAS polite) still has to arrive
- 2 of the sites in that list simply mark in their terms and conditions that "If the seller of a product is located in an African country, you are very probably dealing with a scammer" ... so far my chances, so why even BOTHER to pay $8 of registration fee.
- Another site allowed me to register, but doesn't allow me to verify my creditcard (thus activating my status as seller) since they have no "safety" within the African continent (yes, once i switch off my notebook on broadband internet connection, i take my spear and go hunt for some lions and monkeys ... we have no civilization here)
- Recently registered on an NZ site, payed a stunning $10 verification fee, accepted, started posting, after 10 posts account blocked .. the $10 wasn't enough, now i needed to pay another $2 for a postal verification .. payed .. postal verification never got send .. started nagging and complaining .. finally got send (still not arrived) but they already indicated that they aren't to happy with my presence there so there will be trouble (and lets not forget, not 1 sale made)
- .... must i continue ??

SO yes indeed, i do tend to paint the whole world in the same colour - who wouldn't ? I am but a puny human with human emotions and reactions.

And allow me to once again confirm the reason WHY we are looking outside of the South African borders ... the Rand (our coin) ain't all that strong compared to the Dollar, the Pound and the Euro so if we manage to create revenue in that currency, we win Smile

Thanks for listening to my griefs ..i do appreciate it and i do appreciate your feedback
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It don't matter what any of us posters / other sellers think.

What does matter is that there is something within your store that isn't following the terms of selling here.

What also matters that the you admittedly sent a rude email to the own of the site that was providing you with free space.
Now, I hope you don't expect them to answer you. I know I certainly would just click on delete and it would be gone.

Sellers are not suspended because of where they are, or because of one email. Sellers are suspended for not following the terms of listing here. Your rudeness in an email is not going to help you at all with your case.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have to say that your assuming that Ecrater banned you for being in Africa is just as bad as anyone assuming you are a crook because you're from Africa. Do you see what I mean? Wouldn't it be nice if you could give Ecrater the benefit of the doubt, just as you are asking buyers to do for you? I assure you, if you got banned, it is for a reason listed in the terms...and no one can tell you what it is but him.
thesecrethill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ain't honesty and reality a b1tch ... it also serves as a slap in the face to many of the people out there.

I frankly don't care about people calling me rude .. i think if you would walk a mile in our shoes (and go through the experiences we have been through .. as described here) you would react differently.
So i am glad that my voice and my frustrations are being heard - nice or not .. that is of lesser importance.

It is unbelievable how nearly ALL the sites claim that they have NO objections towards people from the African continent, yet once the creditcard has been popped out .. a different tone of voice is being used.

So in that perspective, Ecrater still isn't anything different than all the rest.

And if i happen to step on peoples toes with that .. so be it .. this is my opinion and my opinion is based upon repeated experiences ..

I would LOVE for Ecrater to prove me wrong, to just contact me saying "this and that and there and you are online again" but until that has happened ... sorry .. not a cent of difference.

And please - do not use the argument of "free" ... if service should be reduced because of the price (in this case none what so ever) than OR charge people for it OR don't do it at all .. but don't go around suspending peoples accounts without further notice under the motto that it's for free .. (if this would be the case, the extremely cliche expression "you get what you pay for" should have to be correct .. and i hate cliches)

And last but not least, before people start getting all agitated here, i am posting this in the most calm and respectful way possible as i do think that i am entitled to have my own opinion - just as all of you are entitled to have yours.

I just like to question the perfect world we should be having from time to time .. it keeps people awake

Peace out !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter who you are or what color, sex, religion, size, shape, age or country of origin, someone will be out to get you. That's how the world has always been and probably always will be. As one minority gains respect and acceptance, another reaches the top of the totem pole.

Those who own or run websites have an obligation to protect users from scams, just as they are supposed to protect children from predators, etc. If it means some innocent people get dealt a bad hand then that is the hand you have to play with.

I really have no idea why you got suspended but think you have nothing to gain by singing the everybody hates me song over and over.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Maggie said...you are not practicing what you preach, but jumping to conclusions. Why don't you wait for Ecrater's response before condemning them?
I teach school. Teenagers are always ready to holler 'you hate me!' or 'Freddie started it!' rather than admit they broke the rules...it's never their fault, but always someone picking on them. I would hope mature adults are beyond that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesecrethill wrote:

In meanwhile, i contacted the owners of this place with a not-so-nice email (i admit, i was rude, but so is suspending somebody with NO warning AT ALL .. even Ebay has the balls to warn you .. and please, the thing off "they have to much work" .. doesn't fly .. if they can take the time to suspend somebody, they can send a short email as well) .. and i am waiting for a reply.

You brought up the rude part. We are just quoting your own opinion.
thesecrethill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received a message from Ecrater this night (it was night time for us, don't know what time it was on that side of this planet)

Hello,

We apologize for deactivating your account. Thank you for explaining your
point of view. Based on that email and your posts in the community we decided
to re-instate your account.

Sincerely,

eCRATER Support

So it seems that Ecrater DOES read what members post, it seems that Ecrater DOES read the emails (instead of giving the same automated replies over and over again) ...

My store is back open for business again (without changes to categories)

So with this my congratulations to Ecrater for a) proving me wrong and b)showing that they are the FIRST site that actually means what they are saying.

I now also think that my apologies for my possibly rude (but i still believe that it is understandable) behavior and a thank you to the members of this community for their input.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: