eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

No email notification of orders
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bentocrazy

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: No email notification of orders Reply with quote

HI, I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I had two orders placed today and didn't receive email notification from ecrater. The only way I knew about it was that I saw the money in my paypal account. I have never had this problem before, I am going to test my email to make sure it is receiving mail ok.
*ok I tested it, it seems to be sending mail ok, but not receiving. Strange.Wonderful hotmail anyway...
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotmail will no longer pull into Outlook - they sent out a notice recently. So if that's what you are doing - that's the problem.

ALSO - check your junk/spam mail

Don't remember if Hotmail has a ALLOW email from
but if they do - be sure to add noreply@ecrater.com to that list.
Might just need it in your address book.
thepatternpalace

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's helpful to know...here I thought I messed something up and couldn't understand why my email wasn't working right.
bonkersbeautybuys

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually recieve a Noreply Notification of my ecrater sales, but I have learned never to count on it. Before I found ecrater, I listed a couple of items on Amazon Marketplace. When I set up my business here, I forgot all about those listings.
That is perfectly acceptable since I had decided that I did not want to work from there, but My Store is here. I can't afford to set it up and wait for sales. I am on my store page every day, so every day I click on "orders", I have had 16 sales, two did not use the checkout, but of the other 14, Google only notified me of 9 of them. What I did find strange was that the ones they did not notify me of were all Google Checkout orders. I don't rely on being notified when it is so simple to check on the orders myself. If I count on a third party, I could end up with unhappy customers. If I rely on myself, I know I won't miss any incoming money! I'm greedy that way! Laughing
acread

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonkersbeautybuys wrote:
I usually recieve a Noreply Notification of my ecrater sales, but I have learned never to count on it. Before I found ecrater, I listed a couple of items on Amazon Marketplace. When I set up my business here, I forgot all about those listings.
That is perfectly acceptable since I had decided that I did not want to work from there, but My Store is here. I can't afford to set it up and wait for sales. I am on my store page every day, so every day I click on "orders", I have had 16 sales, two did not use the checkout, but of the other 14, Google only notified me of 9 of them. What I did find strange was that the ones they did not notify me of were all Google Checkout orders. I don't rely on being notified when it is so simple to check on the orders myself. If I count on a third party, I could end up with unhappy customers. If I rely on myself, I know I won't miss any incoming money! I'm greedy that way! Laughing

eCrater does not sent email notification when the buyer uses Google checkout. You need to open your Google Checkout account and go to "Settings" "Preferences" and check the option to sent you an email notice there. This way you will get notified when you have a GC sale at eCrater.

Did you enter your API call back url and callback method at Google Checkout?
zickit

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What I did find strange was that the ones they did not notify me of were all Google Checkout orders.

As AC says -- you have to have the API callback in AND you have to have GC set up to email you.
The terms of using GC prevent ecrater.com from sending out the notifications.
asaneagifts

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:

eCrater does not sent email notification when the buyer uses Google checkout. You need to open your Google Checkout account and go to "Settings" "Preferences" and check the option to sent you an email notice there. This way you will get notified when you have a GC sale at eCrater.

Ah, that explains something for us. Then, we will still be able to track the order in Ecrater if the buyer chose GCO?
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never rely on hotmail for important emailing. It doesn't look professional either, to have hotmail as a business email. If you want a good free email, try gmail from Google. Most internet service providers offer several email addresses per account. Create one just for your ecrater store.
acread

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asaneagifts wrote:
ACRead wrote:

Ah, that explains something for us. Then, we will still be able to track the order in Ecrater if the buyer chose GCO?

Yes, if you set it up properly. I think you can even enter a tracking number for your package if you have one. (I never tried it. Wonder if it searches status automatically if you do that.)
LittleBirdhouseStore

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seaking of emails, does the customer get an automatic email from my store confirming the order or do you manually do that?? If its automatic, please let me know where so I can make sure its being done.

Thanks!!
acread

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleBirdhouseStore wrote:
Seaking of emails, does the customer get an automatic email from my store confirming the order or do you manually do that?? If its automatic, please let me know where so I can make sure its being done.

Thanks!!

here, take a look at this:
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=3759
LittleBirdhouseStore

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AC.. thanks, I know about the emails from PP and GC, but is there a way to have an automatic email sent to the customer confirming the order that is from my store, not PP or GC. I hope I am explaining this correctly.

You've have been such a great help to me AC,

Thanks, Mary
acread

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AC.. thanks, I know about the emails from PP and GC, but is there a way to have an automatic email sent to the customer confirming the order that is from my store, not PP or GC. I hope I am explaining this correctly.

You've have been such a great help to me AC,

Thanks, Mary

If you scroll down that thread BigTall says
Quote:
Both the buyer and the seller receive an email from
noreply@ecrater.com that looks exactly like this

The copy of the e-mail is there where the seller is identified clearly.

You want to send the buyer an additional email, you can do that on your own.
LittleBirdhouseStore

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something must be wrong with the email system because I "the seller" have not gotten an email. Was I suppose to check this somewhere when I was setting up my store?

Thanks, Mary
zickit

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something must be wrong with the email system because I "the seller" have not gotten an email. Was I suppose to check this somewhere when I was setting up my store?

Thanks, Mary

NO you need to CHECK it on Google Checkout.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: