eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

product options?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theginghamgiftcompany

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: product options? Reply with quote

Hi all!

I JUST started making my store, and this is so exciting and EASY! I LOVE it. I have a question though...

It doesn't look like I can add product options, like scents, etc.? Am I missing the obvious here?

I have to make this quick, sorry...kids are screaming at me, otherwise I would search these forums for an answer! Thanks for your help!

meljen
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It doesn't look like I can add product options, like scents, etc.? Am I missing the obvious here?

You can list each item/ scent separately avoiding the trouble of having to keep communiticating with the buyer
or you can put the list of scents into the description and ask them to besure to include the scent in the notes area when they place their order.

Look at some of the candles and soaps and other items that would have scents and see how they have done it to get ideas.

YOU MIGHT wish to put your store on HOLD well getting it ready to open so the crawler won't close you down.

YOU MIGHT want to read this thread
What to do AFTER you register
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=301
theginghamgiftcompany

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! lol, sorry I'm totally new to this. Wink
Yeah, I've read your guide...helped me quite a bit last night. Wink
I'll be sure to print it out!

and I'm not sure what the crawlers do or why they would close my site down? thanks..
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not sure what the crawlers do or why they would close my site down? thanks..

If your store is NOT ready top do business you should put it on hold. That is one important step that was left out of the guide. And it's a forum that I can't post it to add it, therefore I mentioned it.
theginghamgiftcompany

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay thanks. Took your advice and put it on hold. Wink
Solarcell7-Guitars-and-Mo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hey there, welcome to eCRATER! I think keeping it as simple as possible is your best bet. I would also suggest it may be easier for you to make each scent of something a seperate listing. ie; Lavender Soap Bar, Peach Soap Bar, Patchouli Soap Bar, etc... I do have items listed in my store where I do offer a choice. Most often the buyer does let me know which color they would like. But, if you feel that more often than not they forget to mention what they would like, then having seperate listings takes any guesswork out of it.
Brian/Solarcell7
theginghamgiftcompany

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi! Thank you for the kind welcome. Smile

Yes...my hubby always tells me K.I.S.S. Lol. Wink
(keep it simple, stupid!)

And I had thought of doing a separate listing for each product, BUT some of the products have over 100 scents available. Yikes. I suppose I could simply offer the most popular scents...but who knows...I'll take a look at the other stores here and see what ideas I come up with. Wink

Again, thanks you guys! Very Happy
Solarcell7-Guitars-and-Mo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink Here's an idea.... If you have up to 100 or so scents available for an item maybe you might want to enter into the listing something like this.......Post all of the available scents and throw a disclaimer in there. It could read like this....
If no scent is specified for us to ship, we take it that you would like the (whichever is the most popular scent posted here) Soap bar to be shipped.

Smile At least this way there is nothing they can say in regards to an exchange if they wanted a different scent but neglected to tell you.
I've done this on some of my listings in the past and it has helped.
Brian/Solarcell7
theginghamgiftcompany

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOoooooh, good idea. And I just had a thought...I *could* list the scents in the FAQ section...and make a note under the poduct descriptions that the product is available 'in our most popular scents..' and list those scents. Like 6 or so. Then say 'for additional scents, please see our FAQ section for a complete list'.

Oooooh, I'm so excited now! Thanks for your help. Smile
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked to see how other sellers are doig this? Search candles, soaps, etc. I know some of do them as you meantioned putting hte list in FAQ, others put it in About US.
But you might learn alot looking at others on ecraters and on other places.
BargainBarn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Use the Categories Reply with quote

I would list all the scents as categories, then list sub-categories for the products you have availble for that particular scent. This way the customer will be able to find the product they like in the scent they like easier and there will be no confusion as to what they ordered as long as you list the scent and name of product in your tittle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: