eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

195.00 Buyers should be required to register - Heres Why
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BargainShoppersHaven

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: 195.00 Buyers should be required to register - Heres Why Reply with quote

Hi Everybody and a great day to all ECratians

Bargain Shoppers Haven here .

We have another sale and another BOGUS buyer !
Sale totals $195.44 and the purchase was made on 5-9-08 !
After not receiving payment within 48 hours we decided to do the normal followup notification via email ... result ... Yahoo EMails all bouned back as nobody with that email address is registered etc etc etc .
So we decided to place a phone call via the number provided and phone number is bogus as well .

WELLL, this is rather irritating as well as frustrating .
So thats 195.44 of just wasted time !

Buyers should be required to go thru a verification/registration process , so we can all avoid this type of thing .
I dont know about the other sellers , However, we take our various businesses and sales VERY serious and dont't take kindly to what we call DeadBeat buyers wasting our time and efforts .
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ballroomjewelry

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have what appears to be my first (annoying) deadbeat buyer. The money order does not seem to be on it's way.

It set me back some time because I crafted an identical item to relist. So, now I have two. It will save me time in the long run, but it is annoying nonetheless.

It could be worse! People register on places like eBay and still won't pay. You can recoup your final auction value fees but you are out insertation fees.

At least at eCrater we don't have to pay for deadbeats. Smile
BargainShoppersHaven

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI There , ballroomjewelry

Yeah you're right "At least at eCrater we don't have to pay for deadbeats."

Oh by the way despite the deadbeat sales we've gotten so far , we still Love it here at ECrater ... so ECrater team keep up the great work !!!

If the info was provided to ECRater would they illiminate this buyer from the ranks here to save another / other sellers the hassle of someone who is obviously doing nothing but playing games ????

Oh, by the way ... I keep seeing this name " Big and TaLL" , exactly who is that ???

Last edited by BargainShoppersHaven on Mon May 12, 2008 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
acread

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BargainShoppersHaven wrote:
Oh, by the way ... I keep seeing this name " Big and TaLL" , exactly who is that ???

BigTallMensClothing is eCrater's forum moderator.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a good idea to use the forum to direct things to ecrater.com - I don't know for sure but it is very very doubtful that ever topic within this forum is read by Dimitri. Just not enough hours in a day.

Buyers don't register and that's what many sellers and buyers like about it here.
Buyers don't like to have to put in their information to be stored on some server that they have no control over especially if they plan to make a one time purchase.

Sales that are not paid for instantly
it's totally up to the seller has to how much time they want to chase the buyer.
Personally, I send one email or invoice - if it said PayPal as payment method I send a PP invoice - If it said money order, I send them an email.
If it bounces - I am done with it.
If they don't pay the invoice, I am done with it.
So it took me least then a minute to attempt to contact the so-called buyer. Worth it for $195 sale - in my opinion.

OH by the way - I am "Big and Tall". Just another seller on ecrater.com. I been here since March of 2005 and volunteer to watch the forum, help when I can asking questions etc.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Deadbeaters Reply with quote

Hi,
Although I do not sell expensive items, I occasionally get a bogus buyer. If they don't answer their emails, I also just chalk it up and move on.

PS, I appreciate you Big and Tall! Thank you for spending your time helping everyone understand things around here.
BargainShoppersHaven

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"BigTallMensClothing"]It's not a good idea to use the forum to direct things to ecrater.com - I don't know for sure but it is very very doubtful that ever topic within this forum is read by Dimitri. Just not enough hours in a day.

Buyers don't register and that's what many sellers and buyers like about it here.
Buyers don't like to have to put in their information to be stored on some server that they have no control over especially if they plan to make a one time purchase.

Hi there Big n Tall ... BigTallMensClothing ... nice to meet you and also Thanks for your time/efforts here on the boards .
Apologies if we stepped over the line directing a post to ECrater on the board did not realize that wasnt a good thing to do ( will remember that )... and Thanks for letting us know that .

As for the buyer registration thing ... didn't look at it from that standpoint and guess thats a good point ... now looking at it from that point of view .
AS for that buyer , was sorta heated when I posted , However, we've been around since 95,96 much longer if ya wanna count the good ole BBS days (boy O boy those were the days ) and have had our fair share of DBB's so at this point we've just moved on ... they'll be other buyers ...besides at those prices it is their complete loss .

Good and prosperous day to all .
zickit

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Apologies if we stepped over the line directing a post to ECrater on the board did not realize that wasnt a good thing to do ( will remember that )... and Thanks for letting us know that .

No apology needed. I just wanted to make sure you realized the powers that be at ecrater.com most likely won't see your post in this forum.
UNLESS it's in the suggestion forum - that they do read for sure.

BargainShoppersHaven - please read your message --- top of screen it should say You have 1 new message (as long as you are logged in)
silverscreenbooks

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only had one "bad" order and I think the person actually just had a problem with their credit card. It was disappointing (particularly because sales have been slow), but I was glad to see that Google Checkout worked to identify a transaction they beieved was shaky.

Had my first sale in a long time on my TSCSALES account, still nothing on my new store, but I'm hopeful. I did register a domain name for it.

http://tscsales.ecrater.com/

http://silverscreenbooks.com/
kawaiibobo

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a person ordering the same item 3 times and never paid. The first and second time I tried to communicate thinking maybe he just forgot to checkout but when it happened the third time, I didn't bother and just deleted the order.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the time it's just somebody testing out the cart. Maybe they want to see what the shipping total will be, maybe they're considering opening an eCrater store...
kjscreations

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, we take our various businesses and sales VERY serious and dont't take kindly to what we call DeadBeat buyers wasting our time and efforts .

When you've been around for a while, you will do the same as BTM suggested ... send a quick email & go on with listing... marketing or life.
If they pay ... cool
if not ... life goes on.

I've had a few that never paid.... no biggie
& a few more that said "sending a check" ... my thought was "yea right"
& was pleasantly surprised to see a check a week or so later.
I never delete any of the "non paid" cuz just maybe you will see the check. Otherwise just ignore them if not paid.
hoodat-teeshirts-andmore

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO requiring buyers to register would result in fewer buyers. Many people just don't want to be registered on a site for any one of many reasons.
Jewellery-India

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was lucky not to have any such problem. All my buyers were genuine and paid voluntarily and were happy with their purchase. I love this place and the format in which it works. If anything about ecrater changes i wouldn't like it.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non payers are a bother, and a disappointment. But I'd rather a non payer than one who pays with bad checks or bogus money orders. At least I still have the merchandise! Laughing

Edited to say that in over 11 years, I've never had but 2 bad checks and both were covered by the sender, and no bad money orders. My only large loss came from a paypal abuser!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: