eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Maybe a dumb question about Categories....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MinnesotasHighway169

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Maybe a dumb question about Categories.... Reply with quote

First of all, hello all. I registered a few months ago and have decided it is time to do something with my store because I am getting very tired of the "E Alternative" if you know what I mean.

Here's my questions: I know how to create categories on my store site. But how do you get things to show up on the main site? Is it automatic? Should one use standard categories or can you create your own unique categories and have them show up here? Should I browse the categories that are shown here and use those?

Virtually everything I will be selling will be vintage or retro in nature and some true antiques. Everything I sell with be used or new old stock (NOS). Have been selling at the "other place" for three years and have a "brick and mortar" antique and collectibles shop.

I appologize if this was covered somewhere else. I did look and didn't find anything that seemed to cover it. Thanks for any help.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two types of categories: Global and Local.

The gobal categories are the ones created by eCrater that organize all the products listed on eCrater. eCrater uses them on the eCrater homepage. You need to select the closest possible that describes your items.

The local categories are the ones each store owner creates on their admin pages. They appear on your stores home page (which is different than eCrater's homepage). You can name them and organize them in any way you like. Hopefully in a manner that would make it easy to find items in your page. (You can also create sub-categories. Those work the same way categories work).

Every item listed (product) on here needs to have one local category and one global category picked for it.
MinnesotasHighway169

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the global/local selection will become clear when I actually list a product then?
acread

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, pretty much. They are listed as drop down boxes where you can select each. It's really simple.
MinnesotasHighway169

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok....thanks ACRead Very Happy
acread

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem. if you have any problems with it, or anything else, feel free to ask.
cuppatea

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see more about categories and how they display in my little book
http://www.h2mweb.com/Selling-on-the-Moon_cuppatea.ecrater.com.pdf
under Categories
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: