eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Listings are Sky-Rocketing Today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtnmemories

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Listings are Sky-Rocketing Today Reply with quote

Hi, didn't have anything better to do,tired of listing product & put in a good day, so counted all the listings in each category, if my count isn't too far off, they're approx.426,560 items currently listed.
Think of the efees were not paying___wow oh wow !
It should be something with the Holidays fast approaching.
Stopped & looked at a lot of items,merchandise is nice & prices are good.
Well, off to bed,tomorrow's another work day.
kk
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
kcskorner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the counts at PSU, there are 241,453 items on eCrater.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
so counted all the listings in each category, if my count isn't too far off, they're approx.426,560 items currently listed.

WOW That number is alot different then the number you pull up if you click on more categories and then click on filter. That way shows -
163494 results found
Which don't included the Sex Stuff category with another 4850 items.

Even the "filter" count has risen from the other day when I looked and it was something like 141,000 - it's posted here somewhere.

Froogle is at about 149,643 for ecrater.com

Still as you say --- look at all that money ebay isn't getting a part of!
kcskorner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, eBay is losing out! According to the numbers at PSU, eCrater's counts have been steadily increasing. When other sites showed a loss, eCrater showed a gain! It's great news. My sales are increasing as well.
maxxgraphix

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: listings Reply with quote

might help if the admin could automate the bulk listing. I run mysql on my own site. I use the odbc connector to link the tables in MSaccess. This way I can write fast SQL queries using a GUI to add and export my item data. One could just about write a self exe VB that links via a TCP socket to the ecrater database. Like TurboLister (it sucked) but you get the idea.
springlering

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxx, fancy loaders or not, this is a thrill for me. I have put in about a dozen listings in fifteen minutes. It would have taken me an hour on my old, lumbering, mega-auction site. I am blown away by how easy this is to use, and how nicely the photos show up.

The same photos look just awful on the Yahoo site. I don't know why.

This just has such a professional look to it. I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope this site catches on.

Kudos to whoever put this site together. It sure seems friendly to use!

My husband came in and I was like a little kid. Look at me! Look how fast I can list!!!! Wheeeee!
Laughing
maxxgraphix

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: listing Reply with quote

Yes the listing page is easy. No doubt about that. At one time I had over 5000 items to manage. What if you want to do a global price change? Or change wording in one product category? A lot of my new products have only one difference. The photo and size. Other than that it's the same description, just another title. It's easier for me to list in bulk format. I'm working with the tech here at ecrater to bulk upload. I think I got the last batch right.

That's who I really thinking of. If this site takes off big, then the tech coulnd not manage all the bulk listings. I'm sure they will write an automation script.

If they gave the parameters I could write SQL files that would execute from a terminal.

Sorry to get techie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: