eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Many hits--no sales.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bettysclothesline

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Many hits--no sales. Reply with quote

I am working on building my store. I get hits---no sales. I have been told that I needed the minimum of 100 items listed before I would make a sale. Correct???? Any suggestions? I want to be good at this and make money and have satisfied customers. I am listing a variey of items, especially Avon products and Avon jewelry along with a few clothes.

Bettysclothesline
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your store is really nice. I read all your about us, terms etc. In you terms you say the nasty word "auction". No auctions here - thank God. Otherwise I think it is very nice. It's hard to say why you have hits and no sales. It could be the economy or anything. I used to get a lot of sales every month but lately not so much. Like I said it may be the economy and people are not buying like they used to.

Joyce
noadi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need 100 items to make sales, but you need a reasonable number. As of me writing this you had only 12 items in 13 categories. That isn't a good ratio of items to categories. I think you need to have items in every category, most of your categories should have 5 or more items in it and at least a few should be in the double digits. So even if you only have 35 items if they are in 3-4 categories the store doesn't look as empty as if they were spread out among 12 categories.
victorianrose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had many hits too, but not many sales at all to speak of. I have over 4000 items listed and No business. I try to promote as much as I can, but that doesn't seem to work either.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can sell with only one item listed if someone wants that item. But 12 items is not putting much out there to be picked up by search engines. Unless you have really sought after and rare items, it is a numbers game. Search engines do not pick up all items all the time. 12 doesn't give you very great odds.

Lots of your current hits are probably ecrater sellers who are checking you out.
victorianrose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you about that, but what could my problem be. I have over 4100 items listed and I am still listing. I get hits, but no sales. I promote my store everyday, but very few if any sales. This is hard to figure out.
Last week at my other store I had 3 sales in one day. That was at the end of may, but I was thinking that day My items must of been on google or something.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you all have google anilytics? you can see just where you hits are coming from & especially the keywords that are used. That alone is great info. use those keywords everywhere.
Now... also... realize this is the start of summertime & sales everywhere are down. People are not inside as much. Alot of stores that have used items... customers are out at yardsales themselves.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have been told that I needed the minimum of 100 items listed before I would make a sale. Correct????

NO WAY!

Your sales depend on the work you put into your store, adding new product, promoting your store, your meta tags, etc etc
somethingforeveryone2008

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the same happening to me. I'm getting tons of hits, but I still haven't made even 1 sale! And from what I've been told, I'm selling my handmade pens way too cheap!! So i'm gonna keep on truckin till the economy gets better, (hopefully!!), and finally get my first sale! Hang in there everyone!![url]somethingforeveryone2008.ecrater.com[/url]
somewhereinmymemories

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was getting a couple of sales a week up until about a week and a half ago, then it came to a screeching halt, BUT not just here, also on my own website, Evil-bay (yes, I had to drop some stuff on there for fast cash - pool expenses! Shocked Anyway, same thing for my blujay store too. Just dead stop.

Hang in there - my husband reminded me that June is ALWAYS a slow month. Kids are getting out of school, people are spending money for vacations coming up, etc., etc., and nobody thinking a lot about online shopping.
Plus with gas hovering at $4 a gallon and rising, I think a lot of people are tightening their belts.

I've seen ups and downs before though, and I believe it will get better again. Smile
secondhandsal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had over 100 hits yesterday according to google analytics but no sales either Sad

Folks are finding me on google too, but still nothing
cassiescloset

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Hits Reply with quote

I just stocked my store today and plan on adding more items throughout the week. Already I have more hits in one day than I got for an entire 7-day auction cycle at Ebay.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I say this alot... but make sure you set up google analytics so you can see where those hits are coming from. Alot may be from us just checking out your site. I look at the search engine hits the most.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: