eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Block Buyer Feature
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZanesPlace

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Block Buyer Feature Reply with quote

Do we have Block Buyer feature?

Someone purchased a book from me with a PayPal E-check on 6/8 which I received notice that it cleared on 6/12. I shipped the book on 6/14 (Saturday) via UPSP media mail. I get an email on 6/16 complaining that the book hadn't arrived yet. I informed her AGAIN of the shipping date. I now get an angry email 6/18 that she wants a refund because she doesn't have her book yet and how she is going to "report" me to PayPal etc. She must be new to purchasing online since even if I shipped the book priority which would have been three times the shipping fee, she wouldn't have it over night or in two days. This sale will probably generate a neg feedback due to her lack of experience with media shipping and time allowed for an e-check to clear. I would prefer to block such buyers so I don't have to risk a neg feedback that is unwarranted.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no such feature at eCrater.

What you should do however is clearly state in your Terms of Service that you do not ship until payment is cleared. And indicate how long it would take for payment to clear for different payment methods you accept. Then of course, give how long it takes for order to reach the customer based on the shipping methods you use. You cannot expect every customer to be savvy. You need to cover your backside ahead of time to deal with such cases. So when a customer complains to PayPal you can direct them to your stores Terms of Service.

Of course an email explaining these details to the customer is always useful. You could tell her how long echeck's take to clear. How you need to be careful online because there are people out there who are always willing to take advantage of merchants. That you know the customer is not such person, but the situation causes you to act very cautious especially with first time customers. Plus how long it would take for her to receive the order. Direct her to USPS (or whoever you used as carrier) to see how long it takes for packages to reach destinations (with the specific shipping method you used). Remind her that the estimates are always average time, which means it could take longer (which they often do). Just write a nice calming, informative email. If thing deterrirated a bit, state you want to start over, handle this calmly, that you value her business (butter her up a bit. it never hurts and is always easier than the hassle with PayPal. and arguing to state you are right. what is more important to be right or to make money?).

I wish you good luck.
ZanesPlace

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi AC

I actually did do that. I informed her at the day of the sale that as soon as the e-check cleared that I would ship off her book and notify her that it had been shipped. I also explained that media mail can take as little as 5 days but as long as 14 with the average being 7-10. I covered everything but still received the inquiry after two days from ship date then the threat. I offered to give her a refund if she wished if she returned the book once it arrived. It's just frustrating since I do my best to pride good service. It's a half an hour drive to the post office and with gas prices I don't do the daily trek anymore but I always get an item shipped within 3 business days.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like she is just a fearful first time buyer. Probably has friends or mate telling her she'll never see the book etc. They often turn into pussycats when the package arrives.

But I would never write an email to a buyer that included reference to being careful due to scams. No matter how carefully you word it they will always infer you mean them and then you really will be in deep doo-doo. Never suggest negative posibilities. Our brains are just wired to see the worst. The media has trained us to be that way.
momsretro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to sound too pessimistic, but it sounds like someone trying out the old Feedback Extortion / PloyPal scheme to see if it works over here.

Just keep copies of all your stuff especially the delivery confirmation and print out the PP stuff in case it ages out of the system. It sounds like you have done everything correctly; letting her know it shipped, the times, etc. Let us know what happens.
heavenlycollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject: Blocking Buyers Reply with quote

I have someone that keeps loading up on items in my store and then does not pay. He has made 3 of the same exact orders in the past few hours. I wrote to him and no reply. I sent a PayPal request and no response... How can I stop him?
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Blocking Buyers Reply with quote

heavenlycollectibles wrote:
I have someone that keeps loading up on items in my store and then does not pay. He has made 3 of the same exact orders in the past few hours. I wrote to him and no reply. I sent a PayPal request and no response... How can I stop him?

If you sent him an email asking if maybe he had a problem checking out and needed some help but he did not respond, just let it go. We do not have a block buyers feature here as ecrater tries to create a more calm atmosphere here than what they have over at ebay. So, just ignore it. If he responds needing help, good you saved a sale. If not, just ignore. He may just be new to ecrater and does not understand the checkout process, maybe it makes him nervous having to go to another screen to pay with paypal?
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he thinks things will stay in his shopping cart if he leaves it, returns to find it empty, shops for the same items again, and on and on. Whatever until he pays the items are still for sale in your store so you aren't out anything but the aggravation.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just send her this

"Please be as patient for the book, as I was waiting for the "E-Check" to clear. You would have had it much sooner if you keep some money in a paypal account for payments and not use an E-Check.

Thank you for your order."
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hope she has the book. She ordered in 2008. Razz
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Twisted Evil Laughing
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent a message and a PayPal invoice. If the buyer ignore my messages. I just continue with my life. In eCrater, if a buyer doesn't pay. He/she is nothing to the system.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-Better-Way wrote:
Just send her this

"Please be as patient for the book, as I was waiting for the "E-Check" to clear. You would have had it much sooner if you keep some money in a paypal account for payments and not use an E-Check.

Thank you for your order."

That's the original topic from 2008. Heavenly Collectibles reopened this topic a few days ago and is asking about someone who keeps creating orders with carts full of stuff but doesn't pay and is doing it repeatedly. That's who I was responding to above.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, no skin off your back if they don't pay (other that not making any money) as the items stay in your store until paid for, there are no fees to recoup, etc.

You also have a weird rule in your FAQ about cancellations. Where depending on when they cancel based on when they bought, you will take out a 10% fee. Allowing a free cancellation prior to shipping would give more confidence to the buyer. I'm not even sure if what you are doing is even allowed by ecrater so you might want to check with them. Wouldn't you rather someone cancel an order before you ship than they ask for a refund after the fact which you will refuse according to your terms. So they are unhappy and leave you a negative.

But as for blocking a buyer here, it can't be done and no reason to do so. Are you signed up for PP express? Since I've had that I've rarely gotten an unpaid for order.
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing you should never do is tell a buyer on when something is going to arrive. You give them a tracking number and give them a date range and make sure you tell them its an estimated time period or the shipment could take up to x amount of days to arrive.

You tell a buyer something you have no control of (a third party - that is shipping your package) and 1 second after of the date you told them, they will use it against you. They will file a dispute and use that "so called" against you.

Once that package or packages leaves your hands, you have no control over it. There could be something wrong with the shipment, the buyer could have a wrong address, there could be a misdelivery, etc etc. If by any chance that happens, the buyer is going to use what you told them against you, especially a dispute. Regardless of the event if the package is misdelivered, you told the buyer on this date, the item is going to be there.

And in the case of an "angry" buyer they will definately use it against you. Find it mysterious (just read the first very few lines) that she would immediatley pretend to be angry the second you give her shipment information, which to us sounds like your about to be scammed or have been. The so called "angry customer" is nothing but an act so they can get their way. To see how much they can get away with and test your "customer service".

Its always to put in your policies, a shipment time frame, and put a disclosure that says, unforseen events, holidays, etc. that shipment times dont include weekends holidays etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: