eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Block Buyer Feature
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the calculation is really harsh. Man I was looking at one seller, all good, had ONE bad feedback brought it down to 92%

Can't remember the amount of sales but it wasn't super low.

I seen the formula someplace, but it seems a little overkill.

At our shop we may have had one bad customer every 3 months or less, but between that tons more accomplishments, no complaints, we certainly were not 90, 95% cruddy business. LoL
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The feedback feature on this site is nothing but a bunch of BS. Ecrater doesnt remove feedback

According to the feedback now, it shows that you didn't ship for 14 days! I know that isn't what the original feedback said, so I can only think that is what ecrater posted about the issue. I'm surprised that they didn't leave the negative up. Ecrater WILL take off negatives if it is a case of the buyer being in the wrong, but a buyer complaining about slow delivery and an item taking 14 days to be shipped is a whole different story.

Quote:
Always hated feedback systems and this is the perfect reason why. We're just going to abonded our store and say F it! Rather pay for a store and not put up with the BS from idiot people!

That is of course your choice, but you may want to delete the store rather than abandon it since if you leave it open you will still possibly get orders. Do you plan to ignore them?
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ universalcomputers

Also you only need to list the sales tax of your own state. Unless you have businesses in the other states.

I wouldn't complain too much you racked up 20 sales pretty good. but early on you should have been on it, if indeed you took that long to ship.

Plus one could blame the customers for not leaving feedback(s), dang you should have at least got 5 from the 20 sales.

Maybe appeal to ecrater one more time since it is your first feedback.

Dunno man.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe appeal to ecrater one more time since it is your first feedback.

I seriously doubt if that would work.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can proof a feedback is unfair. eCrater remove it. I saw it, but obviously you need to have proof that the feedback was unfair.

If you ship using some Delivery Tracking number. It is easy to proof.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that was the problem. No matter what he said, the DC proved that he hadn't shipped for 14 days and the buyer had every right to be unhappy. In his terms or elsewhere on his site, he had mentioned the mail order rules and I guess he expected that as long as he shipped to get it to the buyer within 4-6 WEEKS he would be golden. That is not what buyers expect anymore nor should they.
namebranddealz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: shipping issues.. Paypal and payments Reply with quote

I think you can play around with your Paypal settings, on receiving funds? I think you can 'not accept' certain types of payments... like, from Unconfirmed Addresses, or from currencies you don't hold, and I think you can decline eCheck payments as well.. might help filter some of it out?
Sometimes I get emails from people in far away lands, asking if they can buy from me, and at first, they say things like 'OH, I have been looking everywhere for this item, I will pay whatever you want in shipping..' I tell them I just don't have the time for the extra handling required to ship INTL.. then they beg. So then I quote them based on Priority Int'l and they suddenly don't want to pay that much.. (because I won't ship out of the country without some sort of Tracking.)
My every day shipping is economical because there is minimal handling but they expect economy shipping abroad and I won't risk my items when they won't cooperate.
Zonkers-Collection

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OP was from 2008.
Anybody know how that turned out?
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The OP was from 2008.
Anybody know how that turned out?

As far I can see. The OP doesn't have negatives:
http://zanesplace.ecrater.com/view-feedback.php?storeid=35344

It is an old topic. Like I said before. In eCrater, if the buyer leave a non-sense Negative. If you can proof the buyer was wrong. Depending the proof and decision. eCrater erase the feedback or change it to Neutral.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why should we have a block buyer button, I just let google do it for me. Razz
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Universal, at least they changed it to a neutral. Most of the time they will not do that unless you can prove the negative was unwarranted but that it was still partially your fault. If not your fault at all, they will remove it completely and in your case, taking 14 days to ship is at least partially your fault in my opinion. I would have left a negative too for taking that long to ship if the item is being shipped from the same country and especially if being shipped directly from the seller without some kind of middle man drop shipping service. I understand that's it unreasonable for a buyer to complain about shipping taking 3-4 days, but the seller taking 14 days before shipping is very UNreasonable on the part of the seller.

I once had a buyer whose package arrived 4 days later, I shipped it the same day he ordered it. I am located in Ohio and he was located in Montana. 4 days is actually not half bad for going all the way to Montana. I expected it would at least take 5-6 days. To my surprise, I find a big fat negative in my feedback section stating "Seller waited 11 days before shipping, took over 2 weeks to arrive. Ridiculous!" I quickly looked at the DC info for that order and thought, maybe the P.O. just got hung up and his package has been sitting in a shipping center somewhere being overlooked for the last several days and he got the dates mixed up thinking I didn't ship it until 11 days later when actually, 11 days later was when it left the shipping center or something.

Nope, checked the feedback. It showed that I shipped same day, item was taken from my P.O. to the local sorting center then made 2 more stops along the way before arriving to him, and all of this took place in 4 days. I had no idea where he got his info. from. I emailed him and sent a screenshot of the DC stating, did you get me mixed up with another seller or something because according to this DC, I shipped your order same day and it arrived 4 days later yet you left me negative feedback stating I didn't even ship your order until 11 days later. Your order arrived to you 11 days BEFORE you left me that negative, so why did you feel it was deserved and can you please contact ecrater and explain that it was a mistake.

His response "I don't know, maybe it did only take 4 days I ordered alot of stuff online so it's possible I got you mixed up with someone else"

I asked again, can you please contact ecrater and ask them to remove it?

His response "Nope. why would I waste my time doing that? It's just feedback not the end of the world, I checked your scores just now you still have a positive 100% score so why do you care? One negative out of the what like 50 other positives you have ain't gonna hurt you so stop crying over spilled milk."

Yeah my score did not go down, but it was the principal of it all. I did not deserve that neg, and he even admitted he most likely made a mistake and left the wrong feedback for me and he said I was crying over spilled milk. It doesn't matter if my score still reflected 100%, my problem was that I now had a big fat negative stating I had no concern over shipment times at all, that I keep my customers waiting for weeks before shipping. It's the negative comment that future buyers will pay attention to, not the overall score. I wrote him back again and explained that and told him he was very rude and selfish, that because of his admitted mistake I was expected to have my sales suffer from here on out for something I didn't even do? Luckily ecrater removed the negative when I showed them the DC info and the emails the buyers sent me admitting to his mistake.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wrote him back again and explained that and told him he was very rude and selfish, that because of his admitted mistake I was expected to have my sales suffer from here on out for something I didn't even do? Luckily ecrater removed the negative when I showed them the DC info and the emails the buyers sent me admitting to his mistake.

Glad ecrater handled that. I've gotten one negative here. With no notice a buyer left a negative saying they didn't get their item after 3 weeks or something to that effect. I didn't even bother communicating to her, just sent ecrater my tracking info that showed I had shipped and the order arrived within 3 days, 18 days before she left the neg. Ecrater took it off. I generally don't even bother with neutrals although even some of them are undeserved like the lady in the UK that order a vintage Vogue pattern that had an original price of $5.00 and I had charged $25 (going price for a Vogue that old). She was furious that I had overcharged her so much. I do believe that pattern had a photo of the back of the envelope with the $5.00 original price showing so she should have known. I suspect she is one of those that if you send her a vintage paperback book that had a 10 cent price on it she would have wanted it for the 10 cents and not the $5000 it might now be worth! Rolling Eyes The nice thing though is that almost every time I get a weirdo like that, I get someone else falling all over themselves in gratitude for how quick, how reasonable priced something I sent them was within a day or two Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: