eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

My sales experiment and a new place to promote your store
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all Done-I got your message John, and appreciate it! Laughing
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
meemawscollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just now getting around to trying to promote my store & don't have all my items listed yet but is it ok to join????

jeannie
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course!
meemawscollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, will try to figure it out later in the evening when I return from church.
puppia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, so let me see if I understand this clearly. You have joined around 20 yahoo groups. You go to these groups DAILY, and post something about your business? What do you post? an ad of some kind? The same thing, or soemthing different each time? I surprised that yahoo moderators dont' give you a hard time about this? Is there some secret to loking for groups where this would be acceptable?

n
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some groups are for discussion. Some are strictly for posting your store listings, and some allow listings only on certain days.
You can take advantage of both, but be sure to follow their rules. Go search for some groups and look at how they are done. Go to Yahoo groups, enter say, 'matchbooks' in the search, and see what groups come up and take a look at them.
And yes, I have been doing it everyday that I'm home since school was out. It's not that much work, I do it while I have my morning coffee, when the rest of the house is asleep. I'd say my sales this month will be at least 5 times what they were last month-maybe higher by the time the month is over.
puppia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!! Ok, I'm on my way..

Oh, you didn't say what you post? Do you post the same thing every day, something different every day? a chat topic, information or an ad? What do you post on these boards?

Thank you so much!

n
DazzlingDesignsbyDina

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Texas, thank you for sharing your ideas. I am glad you are getting results from all your work. I just started getting into the yahoo groups as well as groups on myspace. I am working summer school this summer, so I am not able to put in the time I would like to Sad
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just pick something randomly, unless I have listed something new that I want to promote. This morning it was Wylie Coyote, with a little blurb about Wylie and a link to my Wylie subcategory. For jewelry groups, it was an old plastic pin from the 40's...just whatever happens to catch my eye that early in the morning!
partsanthings

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do a c/p plug for one of my stores and post it in every yahoo group I belong to.

if I'm reading this right you just keep using the same plug over and over

[/quote]
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get that idea? Nope, something different every single day.
puppia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm.. ok.. I see. BUT I am having a hard time personalizing this for my product line.. and I really want to do it. Here are my issues:

1. What yahoo groups do I join. I sell Puppia Soft Harnesses. There are no harness or pet supply groups on yahoo. (except for maybe some freecycle gorups? and 1 or 2 swap groups. Maybe I can start one?)

2. What on earth do I post every day? I don't have various products like you do. I have basically 2 projects - Harnesses & leads. (and sometimes pet beds).

any ideas? Confused

n
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think there are lots of sites about pets! Don't limit yourself to Yahoo. Look in google and find groups about raising pets, showing dogs, etc. Many of them will have places where you can place a link to your store. Or they are discussion groups where you can 'casually' mention your product.
And by all means, start a Yahoo group. There are several sellers of pet supplies here that you could invite to join.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I made up a sample post for you to see what I'm talking about. You could use this one over and over, just changing the specific url to show a different pattern.

Puppia's feature product is the soft mesh harness which is acclaimed as the best selling harness for small dogs in the world. The harnesses are double stitched for strength, and softly padded under your furry friend's chest. The Puppia Soft Harnesses come in a wide variety of colours - all with matching leads and accessories.
Check out this adorable version in pink plaid for your favorite girl!
http://puppia.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2634320
And for the really stylish lady, a matching lead!
http://puppia.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2638076
somewhereinmymemories

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great idea to post on Yahoo lists. I have gotten many sales from my Ecrater store through certain doll lists that I belong to. I keep trying to encourage my doll dealer friends to open a store here, (as they watch their Ebay store fees getting sucked away with no sales.) But alas, I guess I'm alone in my Ecrater sales because they are just reluctant to do so (I dont' get it.)
Anyway, yes, research the yahoo lists - join and post. You dont' even have to get daily digests or any emails!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: