eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

For or against 4 day workweeks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned this last night to my Bingo buddies. One of them is a teacher and her eyes lit up. She was all in favor of a 4 day week. Others raised the same question - what about sports?

Didn't think of it last night, but a 4 day school week might force some practises to be under lights and in cooler temperatures. We had intense heat (100 degree days) and football practise still went on, even after a student collapsing with heat exhaustion. The School Board is still discussing a policy.

BTM, I walked to school too. No one in town was bused - elementary or high school. There was a private bus service to the high school that ran and charged by the ride - the high school was on one side of town. The middle school was on the other side of the town and there was a bus service parents had to pay for. NJ would give busing aid only for students bused who lived more than a mile from school (elementary) or 2 miles from school (high school) if there were sidewalks. Since the town was 1.5 square miles and sidewalks on just about every street, nobody qualified. In NJ, you didn't build a development without sidewalks. I've noticed here in TN that doesn't seem to be the case. And everyone is bused - except for the huge lines of cars for kids who are picked up. It will be interesting to see if parents will give that up with the high price of gas.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or if they'll give up sitting there with the engine idling and the air conditioner on!
kawaiibobo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 9-5 office job and I am all for it. I always think weekend is too short Very Happy
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ain't that the truth-by the time I buy groceries, clean house, do laundry, go to church, and cook...the weekend is over and I never did get any rest.
asaneagifts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, with a laptop, everyday can be a workday. Wink

That's why we're soo busy. Finally catching up here. Cool
JunesGreatStuff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: 4 day workweek Reply with quote

If I were still employed, I would definitely be for a 10 hours workday four days a week. You can get more done and always have 3 days off. Also, if you need a different day off, you can always work it out to trade with someone.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: