eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

No items showing! But have a question???
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
virtualmakeover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: No items showing! But have a question??? Reply with quote

This is the third time that this has happened to me where all of my items have disappeared in my store! I had to relist them. Now I read that when maintenance is being done the crawler goes and takes what it doesn't recognize out or whatever... I would like to know that if each time the crawler does this maintenance check will my items be wiped out again?

I really need to know this, because it affects my business and customers who will click on a link for items to not be there really hurts me! All of this re adding is a bit much and if there's no way for there to be an automatic restore after that "crawler check" can someone please let me know, because I'll probably have to close my account Sad

Sorry, but I'm really frustrated right now!
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only one that can really help you is Dimitri. You need to go to www.ecrater.com and click on contact us and ask these questions there.

UNLESS you read the terms - especially 3.3 - and can see that you have broken some rule.
Test items
Listing for non-products (such as offering a discount only type listing)
Listing the same item more then once

Those are a few of the most common ones I know of.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FineGemsJewelry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing

Can you please check mine to see if I messed up somewhere. I worked on everying in both of my stores, till 3:30 this morning, TRYING to straighetn things out. If you can check them for me and see if I'm still in need of changing anything, that would be awesome.

I emaild CS yesterday morning, and STILL have not heard back from them.

Jackie

http://finegemsjewelry.ecrater.com/ &

http://justcutebags.ecrater.com/
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be difficult to check for any violations without being able to look at the product listings themselves..
FineGemsJewelry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's where my problems are right now. Everything dissapeared and I don't know why. Both of my stores were fine for over about a week, and then POOF!!!!!!.

Jackie
FineGemsJewelry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am totally unclear about a few things in the terms. Can Someone PLEASE explain?

3.3 What is not allowed to post?

- Counterfeit Designer Items (replicas or imitation of designer products)
Does this mean I can't sell my handbags here even if I don't state them as being designer items or mention names? I changed all the titles around and now they all say Signature Style, just like I have them on all my auctions and I'm not breaking any rules on the auction sites.

- The same or very similar content several times (even in different categories)
Everything has the same basic content. How else can you describe a ring, or a handbag? I only list in the categories for the items I'm selling and I only have one of each item I'm selling.

- Meaningless title & description
I don't understand what they mean by "Meaningless"

Jackie
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1

My store suddenly stopped working. When I click on any of my items I get a message "no such product".

This means that your store was suspended for violation of the eCRATER terms. Please read them very carefully, expecially sections 3.2 and 3.3 of our terms. You have to identify and fix all problems before emailing us with a request for re-activation.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Counterfeit Designer Items (replicas or imitation of designer products)

designer replicas with designer names, I'm sure, since it is illegal to sell those.

Quote:
The same or very similar content several times (even in different categories)

Now this doesn't make sense to me either, especially when your product is all similar items, maybe different colors or sizes, and small variations, but your title is basically going to be the same. BUT if that is what this means then you'll have to get creative and change up your titles.

Quote:
Meaningless title & description

This should probably read "irrelevant" instead of meaningless. I'm assuming it's basically a rule against keyword spamming.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The same or very similar content several times (even in different categories)

Now this doesn't make sense to me either, especially when your product is all similar items, maybe different colors or sizes, and small variations, but your title is basically going to be the same. BUT if that is what this means then you'll have to get creative and change up your titles.

Means you can not list the exact same thing more then once. Similiar is not an issue. But you can not list the same ad more then once OR the exact same product with different titles.

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Meaningless title & description

This should probably read "irrelevant" instead of meaningless. I'm assuming it's basically a rule against keyword spamming.

Meaningless = see my image - would be a meaningless description
abcde - would be a meaningless description
a description that says something like - call us for details = a meaningless description
A listing that does not sell an item but only offers a discount or something but nothing is for sale

Another thing I see ALOT is sellers listing in wrong global categories. Sometimes I am sure it's an error, other times it appears they just want to be in more categories.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing that up BTM. Very Happy It is a little confusing.

Quote:
Another thing I see ALOT is sellers listing in wrong global categories. Sometimes I am sure it's an error, other times it appears they just want to be in more categories.

Guilty of erroneously placing stuff in the wrong categories. I constantly want to put my womens costumes in the mens costumes and have to edit 50% of the time. Laughing
FineGemsJewelry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEEEZZZZ. I don't have any of that stuff in my titles or descriptions, so I HOPE mine aren't Meaningless. Shocked

I have been working my eyes, nose and fingers to the bones trying to strainghten out any messes I may have knowingly or unknowingly made. I hope it's all been worth it, so I can get my stores back up again.

The worst part is the Meta Tags. That website
http://www.widexl.com/remote/search-engines/metatag-analyzer.html has really helped me. Everthing about my site is up to snuff, except the meta tags. I just can't seem to find the right ones to bring me up. The closest I can get is 50% for the jewelry site, and 28% for my handbags.

This meta tag stuff is tuff. Very Happy

Jackie
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you a little secret if you're extra nice to me. Very Happy
FineGemsJewelry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be nice. I promise.
Wink
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find a web site that carries alot of the same or similar stuff that you do, and ranks high in the search engines. Then drop their URL in the meta tag analyzer. You'll see what they are using. Very Happy
FineGemsJewelry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad I thought of it. LOL Laughing

just kidding
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: