eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eCRATER has been approved as Google Checkout partner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bargainsmall

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
They require your SS number because that is like if you are a sole proprietorship in your business and also to verify your identity. There are 5 different legal structures for business. It depends on how you are set up. It has to do on the way you will pay your taxes.

The credit card is requested to verify that you are who you stated to be. Credit card companies have your address on file and they will share your zipcode portion of the information. They will check with them to verify your name and your address. It is for security reasons.
Then you will need a bank account were google will send the payments they collect for you. They do not hold the money on escrow as opposed to Pay Pal.

Hope this helps you out.
Lizette
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I am only showing PP as a payment option when a customer goes through checkout. I have GC selected also, have the IP callback, key, and ID entered and still only PP shows as an option. On my item page GC does show, just not in the dropdown payment option field on the checkout page. I've been wondering why I have been getting nothing but PP payment and this is why. Sad

Any ideas?????
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sade ~ I bought something from a seller here the other day, and when I went to checkout, it only offered PP as an option on the drop down menu, so I backed up, and I saw that you have to actually click on the Google Checkout to have payment processed thru them...then it went ok.

So that may be why you're only getting PP payments ~ Cher
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if that just changed. I mean I haven't had one GC payment in about 2 weeks I think. Sad I want my GC back!!!
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup your right Cher. The buyer can either choose GC or PROCEED TO CHECKOUT. I'm in the habit of proceeding to checkout. Durn!!!
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And so are most... that's what I did, but I did not want to use PP, so I knew to back it up ~ I just don't know if most buyers would or even if they'd know they could.

I've been thinking of putting something in each listing to indicate my preference for GC payments, just haven't decided how I should word it yet... wish they could set it up differently tho.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we could take PP off and just take Google.
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what Deb does, and I've thought of that... but I'd hate to lose any sales because some buyers aren't familiar with GC or don't want to use it... old habits die hard, ya know Cool
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree but may have to try it anyway. Won't know until I do. Very Happy
AvonAndMark4You

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Question about the intergration section Reply with quote

On the intergration section just below the api url there is two items that require us to put a check in. do we choose XML or Html. When I went there the XML was already highlighted after I put the url in the slot above. Should I just leave it like that or do I choose Html.

Also I have several stores. Can I use the same merchant id and key for all.
thank you again.
Michelle
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You choose XML if you want e-mail notification that you've been paid, BUT, I have had problems invoicing when in XML and have to switch to HTML first. Then switch back to XML. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem.
prairiemystic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: google check out for canadian sellers Reply with quote

Is google checkout available to canadian sellers?
I tried getting it and couldn't get it to go through
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, Google says it's available to Canada but it's really not -- or it is but in very limited areas. I'm sure it'll be opened up eventually though..
2BOYSandTOYS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I read from PSU (powersellersunite), it is available for Canadian and other countries to 'purchase' with, but not (yet) available for non-USA Sellers...

It does seem like a Canadian 'there' at PSU suggested summer was a target timeframe - dunno the source of his data!

Erin
prairiemystic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: google checkout Reply with quote

I sure hope its available soon as it looks like a great marketing tool, especially for someone new at selling on online auctions like myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: