eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

My sales experiment and a new place to promote your store
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: My sales experiment and a new place to promote your store Reply with quote

Since school was out, I have been doing an 'experiment' and want to let you know the results.
I don't have much time during the winter, but since school is out, I have done a certain program of 'promotion' every day without fail. My sales have increased dramatically and I want to let you know-promotion does make a big difference!
What I do-every day, I do a c/p plug for one of my stores and post it in every yahoo group I belong to. One for general selling sites, one for crafts, and one for costume jewelry groups. I belong to about 20 of these groups but with c/p, it doesn't take long.
Then I post that same plug here in my 'promote your store' thread, and in two other forums where I can maintain a thread of the same type.
I have the upgraded membership at Really Smart Deals and keep it loaded with 250 listings..I don't surf much, but keep the link open and surf while waiting on things to load.
This is basically it! Maybe 45 minutes. I do chat at several places where I can add links to my posts-The Crabby Forum, PSU, and here of course. I have half a dozen lenses on Squidoo, but really get very few visits from there. The majority are from google searches-and all these posts I make daily are really raising my name in the searches.
So when people tell you to promote-take it seriously!

Now-I have searched all the yahoo groups and there are very few just for Ecrater. So I started one JUST for sellers of collectibles. I think if we limit it to that, it will show up better in a search. So if you are interested in trying this, join..no limit to the number of posts per day, but it is only for Ecrater stores that sell collectibles. Here's the link-once I see your store name and approve your membership, you will not need to wait on approval for your posts. This can be a valuable place to promote your collectibles store! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EcraterCollecting/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
EtchingsandCollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Our membership has been submitted.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done, and glad to have you!

Please, if you are selling clothes, electronics, used cars, lottery tickets, real estate or new cars-don't put me on the spot! This is strictly for collectibles. That doesn't mean they have to be 100 years old-just collectible!
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the opportunity, and for the information! I submitted my VintageMoonbeams store, and it says 'Membership Pending". I am brand new at this type of promoting, so I hope I did it right!

Thanks again!

VintageMoonbeams
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is c/p?

Alas I can't join any Yahoo Groups. I have a yahoo id and password neither of which I can remember but they can so they always refuse to let me sign up anew. This has been going on forever.
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray! I am all signed up, and I posted my first photo album. I posted a comment about this, and I put my VintageMoonbeams URL in the posting. When I click on the URL, it says 'No seller found". My store is still visible through other channels. The URL looks correct to me, but maybe I messed it up and am too cross eyed to see it. If it is not correct, how do I edit a post over there to make a correction?

Thanks again!

VintageMoonbeams
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of your links are working fine, just tried them. But on the message you posted, you left a space between the m and the o! Just post another one with the corrected url!

Maggie, go to the yahoo home page and click on forgot your password. I'd think you could get it that way.

Last edited by TexasTreasures on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
fromlu2you

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c/p = cut and paste I presume.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the greatest invention since DOS.
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that you can't edit your posts on the yahoo groups, but you can delete them. I deleted it and tried again, but I don't think the URL is clickable the way I did it. Sorry for the duplicate post over there. Will just put the URL in future postings on the group, and see if it works.

Thanks!

VintageMoonbeams
kepssportscardsandmore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave it a try too! I hope I did it right. "Membership pending"
Thanks. Have fun today!
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Approved, and welcome!
banknotesandyou

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just submitted my membership and is pending your approval Very Happy
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
What is c/p?

Alas I can't join any Yahoo Groups. I have a yahoo id and password neither of which I can remember but they can so they always refuse to let me sign up anew. This has been going on forever.

c/p = copy and paste

As for yahoo - you have a zillion yahoo email addresses if you want. Just make up a new name and sign up.
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Thanks Texas Reply with quote

Thanks Texas.

I just signed up for my collectibles Store.

John in Ukraine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: