eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Problems navigating within forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Problems navigating within forum Reply with quote

For some time I have been having problems getting stores to open when I click on the WWW in a topic. Then when I finally get a store to open, most of the pics don't appear and until every last one does I can't click on a single item. Everything seems to stick.

As some of you know I frequently have double responses to topics because my submit button also sticks and I click it a second time ending up with 2 responses.

I do not have this problem when I am anywhere else but ecrater forum. Does anyone else encounter this? Can't imagine what is causing this.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Maggie. Sometimes when I'm posting the page takes forever to complete the submit (OK it takes more than 10 sec). When that happens I just click on another location from my Favorites (or eCrater logo) and come back to eCrater community page. If I give enough time before I do this the post appears later. I don't get stuck.

But usually I don't have much of an issue. I'm guessing your case is a bit exceptional. I wonder if it is due to your computer being old or connection speed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 1.5 year old computer with Vista and high-speed internet connection. I only have the problem on the forum and when I am using the mod tool.

10 seconds is nothing. This will just sit with the little timer circle spinning. I open another browser and proceed but sometimes that one will stick too. I was in a store today asking and they seemed to think it came from the splitter that comes in from my cable connection but don't know why if that is the case it only happens on ecrater.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not your computer, happening here too.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just started using broadband and today is the first day I have everything (monitor, mouse, keyboard) attached to the laptop.

I tried getting to page 2 of a topic and it stalled there.

Up side, glad it's not me. Down side....
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently had similar speed problems (randomly, although it was everywhere online) and it turned out that the old, outdated modem my ISP gave me was on its way out. Bought a new modem and all's well.

I always have to mention the possibility of it being the firewall too. A year or so ago I was having all sorts of bizarre problems online although they often seemed confined to only a couple of websites (eBay being one of the biggies). Weird stuff would happen and the sites didn't work properly. As it turned out it was my firewall that wasn't playing nice. I switched to a different firewall and never had those problems again.
midcenturymarilyn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have broadband too. Sometimes it just freezes up. I have to hit task manager to close the connection, then restart windows and get back online and back to where I was. This happens pretty much daily, sometimes not at all, sometimes, like tonight I have restartd windows 2 or 3 times(lost count!) But it is still better than dial up--I'll never go back! The firewall thing can slow things down if it's set to scan each page or website.
I know this isn't help, just wanted to commiserate. Crying or Very sad
Marilyn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote admin about it and it was suggested that it might be Vista. Do all of you who are having the problem use Vista? DS sent me a link about it.

http://itsvista.com/2007/02/itsvista-tip-37-why-certain-web-sites-are-slow-in-vista/

When I tried to use the link my computer froze up again.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My computer came out right before Vista, so they sent me an upgrade for it. But the 'geeks' at Best Buy told me not to install it. Best advice I ever got!
DH has a Dell, though, which came with McAfee. He's had trouble with that computer doing weird things forever. I finally deleted McAfee and Norton and installed Trend PC the other night-it's like a different computer now. So that may have had something to do with firewalls, too. But it's so much faster now!
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Vista but my problem was my modem.

Maggie, did you have your modem or Vista first? Is the modem brand new?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the modem first. I will call my ISP as the modem came from them. Truthfully I think they just rotate them. Turn one in and they hand you a new box but they always look the same. Mine always look brand new even if they are a few years old.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
I had the modem first. I will call my ISP as the modem came from them. Truthfully I think they just rotate them. Turn one in and they hand you a new box but they always look the same. Mine always look brand new even if they are a few years old.

Yeah, that was my concern as well. Since I really despise my ISP to begin with I just went out and bought a new modem. I figured that way I know it's brand new and know where it came from.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: