eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Checkout Partial Refund? HELP!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonkersbeautybuys

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Google Checkout Partial Refund? HELP! Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
Anybody out there who can tell me if I am doing this Google Refund right?
I have a large order, but when checking the items to pack, I saw one was broken. On the order page where it says Ship OR Refund at the bottom, I clicked on Refund. Then I am thinking I should enter the amount for the one item to be refunded, and the reason. But before I actually send it through, I want to make sure this will not cancel my whole order. Google just always confuses me. The button you have to click to send says Refund Order. I'd sure hate to lose it all.
Thanks in advance.
Gail
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you open the specific order detail page by clicking on order number, it says "Refund some money..." which means you can do partial refund. Click on it and select reason for refund. If you need to enter anything in the box do that. Then there is a box for amount you will refund next to wich it says (max $...) which means if that is the maximum you can enter less than that (another evidence that you can give partial refund). Change the amount to the part you want to refund then issue it.

Remember when you give a partial refund Google Checkout charges you another 20 cents for it.
bonkersbeautybuys

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I think I got it right, cause my order page still gives me a Ship option. Thanks AC
acread

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Open your GC account
2. Click on "Orders"
3. click on top of the order number (the one you want to give a partial refund)

This opens the order detail page

At the top you should see that link for giving refund. If it is not appearing that means they expect you to ship first then give refund.

Since I only have completed orders that have been shipped and the only way for me to answer your question is to look at my items (and since I don't remember how that page looks before it is marked as "shipped"), it is hard for me to give you an exact response. But there is no reason why you cannot ship then give a partial refund.

For future you may want to consider manual charge for your orders. If you pick that option you may have to be on top of things, but you will have the ability to adjust the amount charged before it is finalized (and thus avoid the refund and the fee associated with it).
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: