eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New seller looking for advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladybugsgifts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: New seller looking for advice Reply with quote

Hi I sell handmade items for little girls and just set up my ecrater store today... I'm open to suggestions on how to make it better, also this is my first time and I have no idea how to send it to the search engines, etc...

Thanks Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
classycovers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Welcome to eCrater! I'm new here, too! Smile Where are you from? I'm in Minnesota. Have you sold these products before, like maybe at craft sales? I'm going to try to get into some this summer to sell my cart covers. People always love looking at baby and kid stuff.

When you're at your admin page, there's a category called "More Options" then "Promote Your Store". It has links and everything to help you promote your store. The creator of this whole eCrater sure is great. He's thought of everything it seems to make setting up and selling online easy!

Just a suggestion, and maybe you just haven't had time to do it yet, but it would be nice to be able to read "About Us", and don't forget the "Contact Us" page. You can edit these pages in the admin tools under "Texts and Colors" then "Edit Texts". I love your logo and lady bug picture!! Can I ask where you created such a great logo?? Smile

I'm new here too, so any feedback about my store would help me, too!

Happy selling, and have a great day!

Tonya Smile
ladybugsgifts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Tonya,
I loved you cart covers, theu are really cute!
I just set up the account yesterday and have not had time to write the about page, faq's, etc... hopefully I'll be anl;e to latter after the little ones sleep lol
I've always wanted to sell at the craft fairs locally but unfortunally I work full time and that doesn't leave me much freee time for research and when I find out about them they are all booked up... Sad
I've been selling to friends and am trying ebay also but the fees there are absurd...
ladybugsgifts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The logo i designed using a photo editing program and the picture I got it on the web, there are a few sites where you can buy royalty free stock photos... I use istockphoto.com and pay $1.00 per photo, I've printed a few different ones and used as art work at home lol...
firechief790

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised welcome to ecrater ladies we sure hope you enjoy the stay & good luck with your business's as for a extra place to sell your items may i suggest you try either rummage house or buy sell bid . com as for your web sites to visit i need your exact store name here at ecrater you are welcome to visit my store firechief790.ecrater.com any time you wish i am a first time seller as well also hopefully you have visited your local authorthies & have your permits in the application process as well please enjoy the stay here i have so far found it to be a lot of hard work as well as fun Cool
Anthonysjewelrybox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Hello From Spencerport, NY Reply with quote

Hello ladies and welcome! I too am somewhat new. I closed a store about 3 months ago, learned from some mistakes and here I am again. Its very important to have a policy ie returns, shiping etc...have some FAQ's, anticipate some of the questions. My store Anthonysjewelrybox.ecrater.com isn't perfect but, its still a work in progress Laughing If you happen to look at my store and you see something in need of clrification or improvement, please let me know. Good Luck!
THEFlagCompany

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladys

what a nice store and products! Sure makes me wish mine little one was not a senior in High School!

I would include more pictures for the items. You can go into the edit to add the backside pictures or close-ups. Also, I would definately put in a welcome message. The first thing I do when going to a store is look there. It will also help get your store noticed in the search engines. Be sure to put state that your items are hand made! That is a great selling poing.

Good luck!
ladybugsgifts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the replies.
I'm swamped this week but hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend to finish the site, I took some pictures of my niece and daughter wearing some of the itrems and they looked soooo adorable Smile
crrysstall

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladybugsgifts! You shop is very cute! I am new here too, just set up shop on Sunday. FYI...I submitted my links to google that night as was suggested + I checked froogle last night + my Ecrater store came up on the first page (I was searching under hand painted silk pillows). I was stoked! I just started selling on another very new online site at the end of last year, just for handmade items + have gained lots of exposure, but froogle does not link up to that venue so this is just amazing! Thanks Ecrater! I'm very excited to be here + hopefully we will all have much success.

Good luck!

Best,
Crystal

http://crrysstall.ecrater.com
http://crystaljsilk.blogspot.com
plussizelingerie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladybugsgifts wrote:
The logo i designed using a photo editing program and the picture I got it on the web, there are a few sites where you can buy royalty free stock photos... I use istockphoto.com and pay $1.00 per photo, I've printed a few different ones and used as art work at home lol...

That is exactly what I did for my other store, this one still needs some updating with the stock photos.

I love helping people find pictures and setting up stores and making logos, its kinda my new hobby Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: