eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Does ecrater show a sell through? (ie completed sales) -

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
airgirl44

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Does ecrater show a sell through? (ie completed sales) - Reply with quote

Hi - I am new here from ebay - have thousands of feedback on them. I am wondering what to list. I am a small money seller, nothing big or important so I was wondering if ecrater shows completed sales to get an idea what to list.

If they don't, well I have some super big ticket items (original artwork from famous artists) that I am afraid to list on ebay due to paypal chargebacks. I think I would only like checks or MO for my artwork, I don't want any scam - this can be done here right? I mean on ebay you are forced to take paypal now I think.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way to check who sold what for how much. You may see what other sellers sold in their feedback, but that is just the name of the item and details and the value will not be there.

You can offer only money order or check payment. The payment methods you would like to accept will be throughout the store. So if you want to offer PayPal on some items and not on others, you will need to open separate stores for that.

I would not recommend you accepting money order or check payments with high price items. Those would be a scammer magnet. If you do make sure the money is deposited and the amount received by your bank (which is about 10 days after the depositing of the money order or check) before you mail the item. And make sure it is stated in your terms clearly.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater is based on the idea of individual, standalone stores and does no marketing to buyers. So, no sellthrough info because each sale is totally dependent upon the seller's self-promotion and marketing.
airgirl44

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I think I will sell my high ticket stuff first then. I am afraid of the credit card scams more than the check or MO ones. I would definately keep the funds the full 10 days to clear. I have been wary to sell my valuable pieces on ebay - I don't trust paypal. And the auction houses for original artwork and the dealers want you to ship to them, I figure if I am shipping anyway, I could just run the listing myself.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how expensive your artworks are but you might not find it very effective to offer them here. Since the art world is chock a block with forgeries and scams, people shelling out thousands of dollars for an on-line item sight unseen are few and far between. The world is full of fools but people investing in art usually have professional advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: