eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Ummm...weird sale and do I have to delete items?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DesertVintage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Ummm...weird sale and do I have to delete items? Reply with quote

Ummm... well I just woke up to my second sale! Yea! Bad news is there is an email but just nonsense for shipping address. Sad Says they will pay through Paypal and haven't yet. I invoiced them through Paypal (Paypal says they don't have an account yet). Is this a bogus sale???? I also accept other forms of payment and emailed the customer. Hmmmm????

My other question is: Do I need to delete items once they have been purchased so they don't get purchased a second time??? I notice that items aren't noted as "SOLD" even when someone already paid through Paypal for it, they still remain on my product list.???? Please help--confused.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Ummm...weird sale and do I have to delete items? Reply with quote

desertvintage wrote:
Is this a bogus sale????

Most likely. Chances are the e-mail you sent will get bounced back as a bad address. I don't know why people do this but they do.

Quote:
My other question is: Do I need to delete items once they have been purchased so they don't get purchased a second time???

Yeah, inventory control is manual. If you think you'll have more of that item at some point there's also the option to just hide the listing so you could reuse it later.

Also, a lot of people upload a SOLD sign and keep sold items up for a few weeks to give the buyer an opportunity to go back and look at the listing in case they need/want to.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
DesertVintage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, thank you! I appreciate the response. Smile
tchgiftsandthings

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Ummm...weird sale and do I have to delete items? Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah, inventory control is manual. If you think you'll have more of that item at some point there's also the option to just hide the listing so you could reuse it later.

Also, a lot of people upload a SOLD sign and keep sold items up for a few weeks to give the buyer an opportunity to go back and look at the listing in case they need/want to.

Would you replace the picture with a "sold" sign or just edit the discription?... Thanks
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people just use a SOLD sign (just add it to the images and make it the default image for the listing). You could also put SOLD in the description somewhere but if a buyer doesn't notice the sign I don't think they'd notice the text..
tchgiftsandthings

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
A lot of people just use a SOLD sign (just add it to the images and make it the default image for the listing). You could also put SOLD in the description somewhere but if a buyer doesn't notice the sign I don't think they'd notice the text..

Gotcha........ thanks
CjaysStuff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: 1st SALE - no response from buyer yet Reply with quote

Had my first sale with 2 days of opening it, Oct. 17. Buyer had PayPal marked as payment method, appeared to be a valid address, email, etc. Sent her an email, sent her a PayPal invoice (she is not a PayPal member), sent her another email. No emails came back with an invalid email address, but I have yet to get a response from her or receive payment.

Of course, she bought the one item that is getting the most attention and it says SOLD in the description. Any recommendations on how long to wait before I put it back up for sale? Yes, I'm an ebayer and am used to the structure. Still learning how to get along on my own!

I hope its not the same situation that started this post!
wahm922

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, its not sold unless its paid for Wink
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Of course, she bought the one item that is getting the most attention and it says SOLD in the description. Any recommendations on how long to wait before I put it back up for sale?

I personally NEVER consider it sold until I got money.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: 1st SALE - no response from buyer yet Reply with quote

CjaysStuff wrote:
Sent her an email, sent her a PayPal invoice (she is not a PayPal member), sent her another email. No emails came back with an invalid email address, but I have yet to get a response from her or receive payment.

Do you accept mailed payments? Perhaps she changed her mind and decided to send a money order.

And, of course, it's always possible she just changed her mind period. If it were me I'd probably send a reminder invoice and give a couple of weeks. If she never paid I'd probably send an e-mail letting her know the transaction has been canceled and put the item back up for sale.

I also mark items sold in this sort of situation just because I'd rather give the benefit of the doubt then end up double-selling something I only have one of.
frontporchdreaming

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks everyone found an answer to my question in this topic. I hate deleting a listing even after it's been paid for. I like to leave it available for the buyer to recheck if they so choose, once they receive the package. I'll go see if I can find a sold sign someplace to load. Not quite sure how that's done but am guessing you just replace your gallery picture with the sold sign?? Makes sense to me. LOL Also answered the question about the invisible option, always wondered what that was for? duh! Thanks again
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrontPorchDreaming wrote:
Well thanks everyone found an answer to my question in this topic. I hate deleting a listing even after it's been paid for. I like to leave it available for the buyer to recheck if they so choose, once they receive the package. I'll go see if I can find a sold sign someplace to load. Not quite sure how that's done but am guessing you just replace your gallery picture with the sold sign?? Makes sense to me. LOL Also answered the question about the invisible option, always wondered what that was for? duh! Thanks again

You want to put your SOLD image in once it paid for.
Then after they had time to receive it - no more then 2 weeks normally you need to remove the ad.
One of the ecrater.com terms is you can't have items listed that are not for sale.
I fought to have this SOLD image allowed so the buyer had something to compare to. BUT it can not remain there. Google/Froogle has a policy against items coming up that are not available.
tchgiftsandthings

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: Ummm...weird sale and do I have to delete items? Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:

If payment is by check or money order I use a "sale pending" sign until paid and then use the "sold" sign for a few weeks... Tom Very Happy
KryseeMac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:

How do you add a sold sign to your image? Never done that.
bargainsmall

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: sold sign Reply with quote

Just make one and save it as jpeg the loaded and picture and mark as default. Thais what I have done but it was just something customize by me since I so not know much about designs. Hope this works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: