eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

USPS Shipping Calculator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Google transaction about an hour ago with flat rate shipping and it went through correctly.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sorry but it let mine go through without shipping and now I have to honor the invoice. I would also like to know what happens if more than one item is bought - one with fixed and one with calculated?
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Periwinkles wrote:
I sorry but it let mine go through without shipping and now I have to honor the invoice. I would also like to know what happens if more than one item is bought - one with fixed and one with calculated?

If you activate the shipping calculator it will override the flat rate shipping. In other words shipping calculator is a global setting and will apply for all your items. It is not per item thing. If for some reason the calculator does not return any rates (this is possible if the weight is too high) the regular flat rate will be used.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater wrote:

If you activate the shipping calculator it will override the flat rate shipping. In other words shipping calculator is a global setting and will apply for all your items. It is not per item thing. If for some reason the calculator does not return any rates (this is possible if the weight is too high) the regular flat rate will be used.

This needs to be noted where you enable the calculator as I have read about many that THINK they can use it as needed and use fixed shipping on other items. Like you can with the shipping matrix. Only weight based items are affected by the matrix and you can have a flat rate item and a weight based item work together.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater wrote:
Periwinkles wrote:

I did not have the calculator turned on at the time the package went through to Google and had a fixed shipping amount that was not used in the invoice. At that time I didn't know anything about the calculated shipping.

Also just so I'm clear. You can't set some items to be used with the calculator and others with fixed as they won't work together? I'm confused on that area. I need to be sure before I go changing things because sometimes I didn't put the exact weight as I had a fixed amount.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You can't set some items to be used with the calculator and others with fixed as they won't work together?

The shipping calculator is a GLOBAL setting for your store - meaning all items will use it if you enable it.
It's not like the matrix that can be used on some items and not on others.
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ecrater"]
Periwinkles wrote:

Periwinkles wrote:
I did not have the calculator turned on at the time the package went through to Google and had a fixed shipping amount that was not used in the invoice. At that time I didn't know anything about the calculated shipping.

Please PM me the order #

Periwinkles wrote:
Also just so I'm clear. You can't set some items to be used with the calculator and others with fixed as they won't work together? I'm confused on that area. I need to be sure before I go changing things because sometimes I didn't put the exact weight as I had a fixed amount.

Yeap, that's true. You cannot set some items to use flat rate and other to use the calculator. This is not supported from Google Checkout at this moment. However in some specific situations you can accomplish this. For example:

You have a item with weight of 100 pounds and you set this item to use flat rate shipping. You also enable the USPS shipping calculator. Because the item is too heavy there will be no rates returned from USPS. In this case eCRATER will use the flat rate shipping for this product.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - thanks. I'll send you the order number. Fortunately it wasn't a big items so I didn't lose too much.
proimage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater wrote:
Periwinkles wrote:

I have not activated the shipping calculater yet ( I don't know how ) and I had the same problem today and I also covered the shipping for this item out of my own pocket (not out of my company's fund). I am really excited about this new feature however I want to be sure that our current listings (with flat rate shipping) are going to go through as they should until I learn how to activate the shipping calculator.

Any help would be appreciated
-Kerri
AmericanVintage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't turned on the shipping yet. Can someone answer a few questions. I never figured out the matrix - put some numbers in there but I don't use it. I use flat rate but am overcharging for some items.

Since the post office charges by zip to zip - how will the shipping know what to charge, is there a place for the customers to put their zip?

If using the ecrater shipping, how will it display the shipping on the item page for say someone in zone 3 vs zone 6?

Also, will ecrater shipping use the weight boxes in the matrix or will the weight we used when we filled out the product page be used?

I would like to charge the exact amount on shipping (based on the zip and weight) but I'm having to use the flat rate and I am undercharging or overcharging.

Will the matrix come into play at all if we use the ecrater shipping?

It says= Enable USPS calculated shipping instead - instead of what? Flat rate and/or matrix?
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It says= Enable USPS calculated shipping instead - instead of what? Flat rate and/or matrix?

Yes, it means instead of using the matrix AND instead of using flat rate.
You either use ONLY the calculator or you don't use the it and then you can use either the matrix, the flat rate and or both
acread

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmericanVintage wrote:
Since the post office charges by zip to zip - how will the shipping know what to charge, is there a place for the customers to put their zip?

The shipping does not show on the product page. It just says "USPS shipping". Then during checkout the customer enters their info after that the shipping show.
AmericanVintage wrote:
If using the ecrater shipping, how will it display the shipping on the item page for say someone in zone 3 vs zone 6?

You can't use them as combination. It is eighter weight based and/or fixed shipping, or the shipping calculator. The calculator is not in combination with the others.

The calculator as I said displays no number on the product page. The other shipping methods do as before. But you don't see both at the same time.
AmericanVintage wrote:
Also, will ecrater shipping use the weight boxes in the matrix or will the weight we used when we filled out the product page be used?

I am guessing the weights in the listings are used to calculate shipping cost.

Why would it use the weights in the shipping matrix. That is a table to show what the cost will be if the total weight of the order matches it. It is not the weight of the orders themselves is it. It is just a table to show the rate of postage.
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.K. I am not a happy camper. I turned on the shipping calculator yesterday, had a sale today, and the shipping came up as zero. I cannot afford to do business that way. I have turned the calculator OFF!!
IncredibleClutter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

We have a shipping calculator!!! Very Happy

Okay, so it's a little buggy right now...
But hey, people, give Dimitri and Google a chance and I'm sure it'll get better.

Thank you very much, Dimitri!!!
Yer the greatest Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IncredibleClutter wrote:
YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

We have a shipping calculator!!! Very Happy

Okay, so it's a little buggy right now...
But hey, people, give Dimitri and Google a chance and I'm sure it'll get better.

Thank you very much, Dimitri!!!
Yer the greatest Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Will someone please let me know when the bugs are worked out?
Until then, I will not be using it. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17

Jump to: