eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

USPS Shipping Calculator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acread

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Please help with shipping Reply with quote

cactus-succulentsandmore wrote:
I hope someone can help me with the shipping set up. I have tried and am stumped. I tried a "test" order using my sisters address up north and the calculated shipping did not work properly. It stated that shipping for 7 products would only be 5.50 ???? I am worried if someone places an order that it will not calculate properly. Confused Shocked

Are you entering the packaged wight of the items in the weight box in the listings?

Are you using a 5 digit zipcode when entering a fake purchase and the zipcode you have in your own profile?

If you are converting ounces to pounds are you doing it correctly?

These are a few things you can go back and check again.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Shipping calculator Reply with quote

I have just finished reading this whole thread & am trying to get the calculator to work properly. I have been using flat rate shipping and still have flat rate checked as, based on what I have reaad in this thread , my "backup". I have tried numerous times to get this to work. I checked the "Enable" box and selected several shipping method options and clicked update. My items say "Calculated shipping". When I do a fake buy, using proper addresses, zip codes, etc, the end result for shipping cost is always: Regular shipping with my flat rate price listed.......
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you have checked at the bottom of your item page (in admin) in the shipping section?
acread

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Shipping calculator Reply with quote

jigsaw-puzzle-palooza wrote:
I have just finished reading this whole thread & am trying to get the calculator to work properly. I have been using flat rate shipping and still have flat rate checked as, based on what I have reaad in this thread , my "backup". I have tried numerous times to get this to work. I checked the "Enable" box and selected several shipping method options and clicked update. My items say "Calculated shipping". When I do a fake buy, using proper addresses, zip codes, etc, the end result for shipping cost is always: Regular shipping with my flat rate price listed.......

Some of the shipping methods have several options. They vary depending on size. If you haven't chosen some of them you may not be in the proper weight range and the shipping method won't apply. If there aren't any other choices the backup will go into effect. (for example, if you choose First Class Mail and not all three first class services, if the package is too heavy for the envelope rate and needs first class parcel rate. And if you don't have any other appropriate shipping methods selected, then the system will go for backup method.)

Are you using a valid US address with a 5 digit zipcode (not 9) when doing the fake buy?

Is the zipcode entered in your accounts address a 5 digit zipcode?
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
What do you have checked at the bottom of your item page (in admin) in the shipping section?

I have flat rate checked
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Shipping calculator Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:

Some of the shipping methods have several options. They vary depending on size. If you haven't chosen some of them you may not be in the proper weight range and the shipping method won't apply. If there aren't any other choices the backup will go into effect. (for example, if you choose First Class Mail and not all three first class services, if the package is too heavy for the envelope rate and needs first class parcel rate. And if you don't have any other appropriate shipping methods selected, then the system will go for backup method.)

Are you using a valid US address with a 5 digit zipcode (not 9) when doing the fake buy?

Is the zipcode entered in your accounts address a 5 digit zipcode?

My shipping options are parcel post, priority, expedited. I can't think of any package that would not qualify for any of these 3 options. I used a valid address on my fake buy. I just went and checked and MY zip code was entered as 9 digit. I changed it to 5 digits and everything appears to be working now. Thank you very much!
acread

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Shipping calculator Reply with quote

... I just went and checked and MY zip code was entered as 9 digit. I changed it to 5 digits and everything appears to be working now. Thank you very much!

no problem Smile
katzzskloset

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: My Turn Reply with quote

After reading all this for 2 days now I still see a problem for me. I did a fake buy and this is what I got for a 5 lb item

1 Arcoroc France Glass Dome Covered Tidbit Cheese Plate - Arcoroc France Glass Dome Covered Tidbit Cheese Plate This is for a lovely Arcoroc France Glass Dome Covered Tidbit dish o...
$24.99

Shipping & Handling USPS Priority Mail (1-3 days) ($27.90)USPS Parcel Post (2-9 days) ($27.90)Regular US-Mainland ($13.95) :
$27.90
Tax (PA) : $1.50

Total: $54.39

Now that is simply outrageous cause i went to usps calculater and it was 10.78 for parcel post and 13.75 for priority.
So I am not sure what to do, forget the calculater and just stick with my matrix????
Thanks
Barbara
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: My Turn Reply with quote

katzzskloset wrote:
After reading all this for 2 days now I still see a problem for me. I did a fake buy and this is what I got for a 5 lb item

1 Arcoroc France Glass Dome Covered Tidbit Cheese Plate - Arcoroc France Glass Dome Covered Tidbit Cheese Plate This is for a lovely Arcoroc France Glass Dome Covered Tidbit dish o...
$24.99

Shipping & Handling USPS Priority Mail (1-3 days) ($27.90)USPS Parcel Post (2-9 days) ($27.90)Regular US-Mainland ($13.95) :
$27.90
Tax (PA) : $1.50

Total: $54.39

Now that is simply outrageous cause i went to usps calculater and it was 10.78 for parcel post and 13.75 for priority.
So I am not sure what to do, forget the calculater and just stick with my matrix????
Thanks
Barbara

I put the same item in the cart and moved to Google Checkout and it gave me:

$12.70 for priority shipping and
$10.05 for parcel post.

Both of which seems appropriate for those shipping methods in US.

This means when you did your fake buy you entered a Hawaii, Alaska zipcode? Those destinations with those shipping methods could be significantly higher (from mainland of course. Anytime the package needs to be put in an airplane that is).

Your shipping is working. Whatever you did with your fake purchase I would think caused your specific problem. (maybe you entered the same item twice and hence doubled the order weight.)
katzzskloset

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmmmmmmm, I will have to try that again. I disabled the calculater and will re-check it and see what I did. I did put in my lod zipcode from florida, not sure maybe I was dyslexia with the numbers Rolling Eyes
Thanks for your help
barbara
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you entered an address outside your state it would not have charged tax. Judging by what you have above you entered an address in the same state. What kind of payment method did you choose? And at what point of the order/payment did you stop?

And right now your USPS calculated shipping (shipping calculator) is not turned off. I just looked at your site.

If you selected PayPal payment and have shipping set up there, then you will have the shipping charged twice. Once at eCrater and once at PayPal and doubling the shipping costs.
katzzskloset

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got so caught up in reading on the forum, as there is a lot to read, I completely forgot. Thanks for reminding me Laughing I used google checkout and i stopped just before making the payment. Didin't want to bu my own product since I already own it Rolling Eyes I am gonna turn it on now and do another fake test, will be back with the results
barbara
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but how exactly are you doing these fake buys? What accounts are you using? That is, is the GC account you use your own? Then entering a FL address in the checkout might be crating this confusion (that is not matching your state which I assume is the address for your GC account as well.)

Are you clicking on the "buy now" button to go to cart at every try?
katzzskloset

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another one now this weighs 2 lbs
Order Details - katzzskloset, PA 18661 US

Qty Item Price
1 Antique Cover CHEESE Butter Serving Dish LID Top Only - This is an antique cover which is either a Cheese or Butter lid for a butter or cheese dish. It is lovely for its age and ...
$14.99

Shipping & Handling USPS Priority Mail (1-3 days) ($4.95)USPS Parcel Post (2-9 days) ($4.90) :
$4.95
Tax (PA) : $0.90

Total: $20.84
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just placed the item in the cart and gave a shipping address in north Florida with zip of 32571. I was given a choice of Priority Mail for $7.10 or Parcel Post for $7.02.

What do you have in your shipping matrix? If the USPS website is busy and does not respond, the shopping cart reverts to your shipping matrix. Could this have been the problem? (I did delete the item from the cart. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17

Jump to: