eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

USPS Shipping Calculator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
ladyknightsjewelry wrote:
You listing is the second one in the list when I searched for lego 8099

OK, but the one I wanted to see (for comparison) was the eBay seller. It isn't in those 5 pages for some reason. Also noticed that my eCrater listing is the only one I saw with a sales tax rate specified.

TAX only shows if YOU are logged in google AND you are in the same state as the seller AND the seller is licensed to collect sales tax.

Since I am never logged in google when I do searches, I never see tax for anything.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
cosmicray wrote:
ladyknightsjewelry wrote:
You listing is the second one in the list when I searched for lego 8099

OK, but the one I wanted to see (for comparison) was the eBay seller. It isn't in those 5 pages for some reason. Also noticed that my eCrater listing is the only one I saw with a sales tax rate specified.

TAX only shows if YOU are logged in google AND you are in the same state as the seller AND the seller is licensed to collect sales tax.

Since I am never logged in google when I do searches, I never see tax for anything.

I believe you are misunderstanding the point. For eCrater listings, I only get the "Tax and shipping" total under the situation you describe. For the eBay listing (the one that Tom's Dev did not show me) I got the "tax and shipping" total even tho I am in a different state from the seller. The seller is not collecting sales tax for Florida. Something about the way that eBay is sending the listings to Google Base is different from the way that eCrater is.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF wrote:
The tax shows according to what state you are selling in and which state the buyer is buying from.

Yes, I understand that clearly. The issue I'm talking about is the projected grand total that GP supplies under a heading of "with tax and shipping $xx.xx". Obviously that grand total will not include tax if you are in a different state, but the grand total should still be present (assuming you are logged in and GP has a decent idea where you are) and it should include the shipping only.

I was logged in. I saw the projected grand total from the eBay seller (in California). People in states other than Florida do not see the projected grand total from my (Florida based) listings. Why ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: