eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebeccasbookden

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself! Reply with quote

I'm Rebecca and I just opened a new store a couple of weeks ago, Rebecca's Book Den. I've just barely started listing.

Since Ebay raised it's rates I've been looking for a home for my books. I've tried several different venues and sales don't seem to be all that great anywhere. I try to sell unsual books as well as some common stuff as you never know what someone is looking for at any given time.

I was wondering how other booksellers are doing here?

I've been promoting and linking and blogging and MySpacing and reading all the threads. I'm just hoping things will pick up soon. We really need a great alternative to the E.

Have a great day!
Rebecca

http://www.rebeccasbookden.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Tsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a very nice store. I will have to tell my husband about it cause he is the reader in the family. Good luck on you sales and have fun.

EtchingsandCollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A warm welcome! We are always glad to see another bookseller join. Some see it as competition, we see it as needed variety.

So far we have not sold many books mostly collectibles. However a book can take a long time to sell, depending on who's looking and what they need.
Keep promoting, they will come. At least it's not costing you to have them listed here. Our storage fees at Ebay when books were in their slow times, IE summer etc. was incredible...
We are very happy here...
Your storefront looks great!
rebeccasbookden

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Thank you both... Reply with quote

for the warm welcome! I really like this site and its clean look.

I agree with you, Etchings, booksellers provide needed variety. There are billions of books out there and if a site doesn't have a good variety, buyers will just shop somewhere else. We want them to stay here and find what they want.

You're right, at least it's not costing anything to have a store here. Hopefully, everything will build in time.

Have a great one and happy selling!
Rebecca
wahm922

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself! Reply with quote

Rebecca - A big welcome from another bookseller. It is always a pleasure to see another bookseller join eCrater! You will find that this is a great place to belong. Very Happy

My two stores were opened in August but have concentrated only on The Rainy Day Books instead of the collectible store. I have sold a couple of books but hope for more sales once I have a larger selection listed.

I will continue to list on eBay and have just registered on a free auction site. Now I need to decide on a domain name and then get a web page to direct customers to where I sell. No more depending on just one site but
just hope there is enough time to do it all!
rebeccasbookden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Thank You RainyDay! Reply with quote

I know what you mean about time! Trying to balance home and taking care of a 5-year-old and 3-year-old and advertise and list, it's hard.

I've decided to take the rest of my inventory off eBay and divide it among several sites. There's just no reason to keep a store there when eBay is deliberately putting them at a disadvanage and my books don't do well at auction. I may try some if I find books that would be worth it.

I finally purchased a domain name with GoDaddy and have started using the free blog to direct it to eCrater. Hopefully things will start moving for the holiday season.

Rebecca
wahm922

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I know what you mean about time! Trying to balance home and taking care of a 5-year-old and 3-year-old and advertise and list, it's hard.

Same here. I have a 3 year old and a 6 year old at home with me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: